goodbye and all the best

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakid

i stopped posting on this site a while ago, for various reasons. then today i found an email in my private email box drawing my attention to the message below in my forum inbox.

it was a reasonable request and i felt it worthy of a reply. here is my reply, with the original request below it:

i was initially keen to be involved in and to support this website. however i have since learned more about the values maintained on the forums and no longer wish to have any involvement at all.

in fact i would very much appreciate having my membership/profile removed if that is possible.

although the people who have helped me to come to this decision use seemingly polite and "nice" language they espose views and values that are deeply offensive to me. i experience it as passive-aggression and am saddened that it goes unchallenged and un-moderated to the extent that it does.

of course this is not everybody on the boards, but of course there is a hierarchy (as there always is, whether overt or covert, in any group of humans). many of those with social power amongst the membership of this forum have such opposing values to my own, and communicate these in such disempowering and destructive ways, that i have stopped taking part in discussions here and have found other places to build my poly networks.

i realise that one or two notable members have tried hard to challenge on these issues, and i have huge respect for them as a result. i have other challenges/priorities going on in my life and have made a decision to simply withdraw for now, for my own sake.

nonetheless i wish you all the best with your project, and look forward to a future with better mutual respect and understanding.

x
ImaginaryIllusion said:
Hey Dakid,

I have a question for you. Back around New Years, you and Fidelia had volunteered to help out with editing or proofing articles for the nex site upgrade.

We have an idea about taking some of the nugget threads as source material for articles, but most of them would require taking a thread full of meandering thoughts from several posters, and consolidating them into a coherent Article.

So, the staff is wondering if you'd be interested at all in expanding the editing role to that process of splicing certain nugget threads into some articles. I know it's a little more involved that proofing, but you guys had expressed an interest in the project so we wanted to see if you were game.

Cheers,
-II

*hugs*

I think I write this emote with more emotion than usual. I do think we will meet and I am glad our paths crossed here. The internet sometimes does have a way of bringing kindred spirits together.

Love and Light

~Raven~

thank you so much ravenesque. as is so often the case, i agree with your words :)

i will respond to your and other's private messages tomorrow as it is late and i am tired. thanks all who sent them, though.

anyone with a genuine interest in why i am leaving need only read through the threads entitled "my poly isn't your poly - so what" and/or "difference between poly and slutdom". the explanation for my departure is clearly laid out in these threads, i feel, and i won't be offering any further words on the subject in this forum. as i said i am leaving this forum, although i will as i said respond first to the private messages before finally signing out tomorrow.

love, respect, and goodbye,

x

Bye dakid. I'm sorry to see you are going. I respect that you have said so however. Lots of people have come and gone in the year that I have been writing here and we don't know why. I suspect it is for similar reasons to you. I know I have taken my leave many times also.... and then come back again. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.

Good luck to you on your journey. :)

*hugs*

deleting oneself from this forum

is there a way to remove my profile/presence from this site?

i don't mind or care whether my posts remain or not but i would like to remove my profile. is there a way i can do it myself? is there a way moderators can do it for me, if not?

any info gratefully appreciated.

Hi Dakid,
If you go to your User CP (CONTROL PANEL) and on the left hand side select edit options, you'll see "use invisible mode". That will effectively make you disapear although you can still browse the forums if you want. That's all I know.

Take care

is there a way to remove my profile/presence from this site?

i don't mind or care whether my posts remain or not but i would like to remove my profile. is there a way i can do it myself? is there a way moderators can do it for me, if not?

any info gratefully appreciated.

on it, Dakid. Sorry for the wait. I'll find out what we can do besides banning you.

oh yes thank you for that reminder ygirl, it was vundabra and i'd be happy to have that removed too if mods don't mind

oh yes thank you for that reminder ygirl, it was vundabra and i'd be happy to have that removed too if mods don't mind

You're welcome, dakid.

I was just curious if you'd had a date set for your imminent departure, or not.

just waiting to be removed now. don't worry it shouldn't be long.

i'll not be posting elsewhere in the forums, or in relation to any other topic other than my removal, from now on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back