Hey there!

PrincessKitty

Southern lady here! 😻 I am a married 35 year old who is mono. I’ve been married to my poly husband for 10 years. Poly is something he’s been involved in on and off for about three years. He had a LDR for almost two years till things got to be to much for me to handle and he ended the relationship. We focused on us for a bit and he’s now venturing out again into the vast poly world. I have spent a lot of time reading books and listening to podcasts to better understand this lifestyle. I am happy to find this site! It has been very helpful with finding resources and reading about other ppls experiences.

Welcome! I am glad you're open to trying again. I sincerely hope that this time you can avoid vetoing any other relationships he has, and find that it is just not as scary this time. I know it can be daunting when faced with sharing a partner's time and money, but it's very doable if you balance it with having equal time and money to spend on pursuing your own interests. What do you like doing without him around. I'm going to watch West Side Story by myself today. I love taking myself on solo dates!

Greetings PrincessKitty,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you are doing your best to grow an understanding of poly, and your husband's desire to be in it. That is very generous, not every monogamous spouse would do that. I'm glad you could join our forum, and I want to encourage you to read and post a lot here, for instance post and let us know whenever you have any questions or concerns. The Poly Relationships Corner is a good place for that, the place where you can get the most responses from the widest range of people. But you can get a good amount of responses too right here on this thread. Just let us know how we can help. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome. As a poly husband, I appreciate your willingness to join this group. I wish you the best as you search.

Thank you so much
Greetings PrincessKitty,

It sounds like you are doing your best to grow an understanding of poly, and your husband's desire to be in it. That is very generous, not every monogamous spouse would do that. I'm glad you could join our forum, and I want to encourage you to read and post a lot here, for instance post and let us know whenever you have any questions or concerns. The Poly Relationships Corner is a good place for that, the place where you can get the most responses from the widest range of people. But you can get a good amount of responses too right here on this thread. Just let us know how we can help. Good luck!

Sincerely,

Notes:

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome
Greetings PrincessKitty,

Sincerely,

Notes:

Welcome aboard!
Thank you so much for the welcome and resources!!

Southern lady here! 😻 I am a married 35 year old who is mono. I’ve been married to my poly husband for 10 years. Poly is something he’s been involved in on and off for about three years. He had a LDR for almost two years till things got to be to much for me to handle and he ended the relationship. We focused on us for a bit and he’s now venturing out again into the vast poly world. I have spent a lot of time reading books and listening to podcasts to better understand this lifestyle. I am happy to find this site! It has been very helpful with finding resources and reading about other ppls experiences.
Hi there

Back