Introducing myself to the forum

soulwater77

Well hello everyone. I'm living here Gresham, OR. I'm new to all of this. I saw the show on Amazon Prime video, and it opened a door I never had but somehow knew was there. I just didn't know what it was. It explained a lot about me, even thought I'm married and have two kids, a family I love dearly. As I watched this show it showed me a side I have buried all my life because of the way I was raised, to love one person and marry that person.

Please understand the feelings I have when I saw that show. Told me much about me. The way and why I try to help people. Why it's so hard for me in life. Why I'm so openminded. Wanting to help people. Why I'm that buddy or friend that you know wants to help out or bend over backwards to help you, no matter the type of person you may be. The feeling I have when I see people and want to know them. Show those feelings to them. To make a connection to them.

I never understood why I wanted do that with people. Poly is still new to me and when I started watching that show on Amazon prime video about polyamorous people, I was wondering what was I watching. What is it or why I was feeling uncomfortable about it. I still don't have the right words for it all.

I just know, I know, I know I want to meet people that are poly. Even if am not sure I want to admit that I am the type of person. It not easy to say it or even write all of this down. I want to meet poly people that have these types of feelings, just like me.

Greetings soulwater77,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I'm curious what show it is you watched, is it Sister Wives? In any case, you should definitely be able to meet some poly people here on Polyamory.com, just spend some time reading and posting on our various threads and boards, and let us know if/when you have any questions. Welcome to the forum, and welcome to the world of poly!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi Kevin,

As for the show no it's not sister wife's. The show is on Amazon prime video. There 2 season and it called Polyamory. I finished watching the first season and it the process of watching season two. It took me some time to get through season 1. Because what was learning. I was not ready for it all. However I'm working through it and trying to being it up with my other half. How do I tell her that I just learn something about yourself that people don't want to know or kept in the dark about.

Hello soulwater77,

It sounds like you watched Polyamory: Married and Dating as described on Wikipedia. Two seasons. It sounds like they did a really good job on that show, it gives you a good start into the world of polyamory. Now you need to bring it up with your other half. Start by telling her about the TV show, tell her that it really piqued your interest, and ask her if she'd be willing to watch it with you. I assume you wouldn't mind watching it a second time. After each episode, ask her to share her thoughts and feelings.

Regards,
Kevin T.

If you want to think more like a polyamorous person, you need to stop thinking of your wife as your "other half."

If you want to think more like a polyamorous person, you need to stop thinking of your wife as your "other half."
I can understand that. With opening my mine to concept of people we care about, we cherish, and to the ones we love. As I dig into this way of life, really have to thing differently. I've just started to understand what a polymorphism is and I've had to really rethink things. So thanks Magdlyn. Really do have a lot of work head of me.

Back