• I'm gender-variant and I vote yes

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I'm gender-variant and I vote no

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Magical brownies

Votes: 17 14.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the famous and oft-repeated quote goes: "Don't knock Masturbation, its sex with someone I love."

I am female and believe that masturbation is sex. If sex is love-making, then masturbation is self-loving.
Masturbation as part of cyber-sex or telephone sex - definitely sex (with a partner, intimately, mutually pleasing and in tune with each other's needs).

I am female and I feel like masturbating is sex with myself. I take as much careful preparation in my space as I would for a special romantic night with someone else. My health is important to me and frankly it's good for me.
In moderation.;)

If it is, then I'm a sex addict. Ok, don't mean to make light of the situation, but to me masturbation isn't sex because I'm flying solo. Sex, for me, has to include at least one other person. Preferably 2!! :D

Sex to me is intercourse/penetration. But oooh magical brownies!

I voted "Magic Brownies" because I am having a hard time distinguishing whether or not I should answer from an "Is (M) sex?" Or "Is (M) intercourse?" POV. If I was answering from the "intercourse" POV I'd say no. If I was answering from the "sex" POV I'd say yes because I don't think sex=intercourse. Sex/sexuality can start long before intercourse and continue long afterward. Sex can also take many forms for many people from flirting, touching, exchanges of looks, to talking intimately. That is assuming it is mutual (M) with a partner. If it is solo, I wouldn't see it as sex under either definition. For me sex is a shared experience.

Did I maybe over-think my answer?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Magic Brownies

:p

Last edited:
I would certainly say yes! to me masturbation is self loving and only up until recently have I been dating again.......I tried many ways to try and put my mind at ease when I was single.

cause lets face it for most of us even if we know having a period to our selves for a while.....is good for us...its not ever easy to be single.

but one thing that helped me through my rough period in life was the old saying "you can't expect anyone to love you, unless you don't love yourself" and truth be told and I can easily fall into being people pleaser when I am in relationships I like doting on the ones I love and spoiling them and sometimes I would only think of my self until the last minute so I tried everything I could to change that kind of behavior in myself.

a really fascinating book to read on the subject is Sex for One : The Joy of Selfloving by: Betty Dodson, Betty Dodson (Illustrator)

but to me personally I have found that I don't get much enjoyment out of masturbation unless I can orgasm from it.

I would certainly say yes! to me masturbation is self loving and only up until recently have I been dating again.......I tried many ways to try and put my mind at ease when I was single.

cause lets face it for most of us even if we know having a period to our selves for a while.....is good for us...its not ever easy to be single.

but one thing that helped me through my rough period in life was the old saying "you can't expect anyone to love you, unless you don't love yourself" and truth be told and I can easily fall into being people pleaser when I am in relationships I like doting on the ones I love and spoiling them and sometimes I would only think of my self until the last minute so I tried everything I could to change that kind of behavior in myself.

a really fascinating book to read on the subject is Sex for One : The Joy of Selfloving by: Betty Dodson, Betty Dodson (Illustrator)

but to me personally I have found that I don't get much enjoyment out of masturbation unless I can orgasm from it.

Yes it is!

Is masturbation sex? YES IT IS: And it's the BEST sex there is! "Sex with someone I love" -Woody Allen

I vote magical brownies because I swear I had an orgasm looking at that molten lava cake... That said, my husband and I disagreed...at first. I said it is sex, he says it isn't, because it should involve two people. I brought up cybersex and mutual masturbation, which he does believe is sex, and I believe is good fun when done with the right person. Yes, oral is sex! It is hot, sloppy, wonderful sex! =^.^=

Last edited:
is masturbation sex?

I said yes. I think it depends on what the intended purpose is, if it's ok sex or great sex.

Maybe it is sex, but a different kind than I get with a partner. All I know is that masturbating leaves me feeling different than sex with my partner. Jacking off can be as or more physically intense, but the latter almost always leaves me more satisfied unless the masturbation involved a really good, vivid fantasy.

Mendalla

Sometimes when I do it it's like just needing a stress relief, or I'm horny and need to just let one go. Other times when I'm really into it and my mind goes to fantasies or past experiences, man! My head spins when I'm done. The energy flows right out of my body and I'm out like a light.

Of course it's different when you're with someone. The orgasms maybe intense but in a different way.

As someone else mentioned, "the results are the same". Masturbation frees your mind and body for a brief moments in time. So does sex with others.

Back