joined because of struggling mono thread lol

Clintonsbn

Hello all! Been a crazy past 3 months learning about this kind of lifestyle and aspect of relationships. Im 34 straight monogamous man dating a poly woman whom until I met never knew what poly even was. Looking to join this forum as a way of just possibly connecting more with others who may have been through some of the struggles I've dealt with and are dealing with. Look forward to good conversation (although limited as i understand not many ppl on this forum but didn't find anywhere else that was remotely close to a community like this) and find both questions and answers occasionally on here!

-Clinton

Magdlyn

Al99

Hi Clinton - and welcome to the Forum! Please feel free to join in the conversation with any thoughts and questions that you may have.

You might find the thread that Mags suggested as a useful place to start since it is currently active - it is absolutely packed full of great suggestions and discussion for the mono guy. I relate to it all as I was also a happily mono guy until my wife asked me open our marriage a few years back - full story in the sig link below.

Here's a link to a list of some of the best poly websites - you might find them helpful if you want to learn a bit more about polyamory.

http://www.polyamory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108191

The book most often suggested for those just starting out in polyamory is:

Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships
by Tristan Taormino, available in digital or hard copy from the usual book sellers.

Again, welcome - we will look forward to hearing more of your story.

Al

kdt26417

Official Greeter
Greetings Clinton,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You should definitely be able to find many sympathetic ears here, as well as much good info on what poly is and how it works, and the ins and outs of mono/poly. Here are some links to help you get started:

Also check out the book/links mentioned by Magdlyn and Al99. Let us know if you have any questions. Glad you could join us. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!