Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

No way, you're gonna win for sure. Not only do you have the better position, you're also better at working your rook and king. And those pawns! Every one of them is a queen in embryo, I am desperate to get them off the board. Yeah, technically it's not over till it's over, but jeezh. I am really scrambling and digging for the moves that at least aren't too horrible.

Good game, for sure!

P.S. That's awesome that there's all those ways to analyze the game. I'm gradually liking Chess.com more and more.

11:37 a.m., Wednesday the 11th

There are times when ditching this forum sounds to me like a good idea ... :mad:

You did it!

There is a game analysis button looks like chess board with microscope.

Click there, and you will see by that ... we were even until I blundered 1/3 way into the game.

I resigned, because that is what you do when you have no chance of winning!

12:53 p.m., Thursday the 12th

Okay, I replayed the whole game with the analysis button. It looks like we both made mistakes ... missed some key opportunities ... I'm embarrassed to admit that I missed like, three easy forks! Three easy opportunities to snatch a rook. Game could have been over much sooner. Oh well ...

No, it makes sense why you resigned. You could have attempted to play the game into a stalemate ... but I'm sure I wouldn't have let that happen.

What a game! Thanks for playing. I only hope I don't miss any sweet forks on our new game!

2:14 p.m., Friday the 13th

I didn't get up quite as early today, but still earlier than I used to. I had a few extra chores to do, before I could fire up the computer, so maybe that's one reason why I slept in a little.

It's supposed to be extra windy today, I hope we don't have any power outages. This is all I have to tell you for the moment.

3:45 p.m., Saturday the 14th

Last night, BH and I watched AHS S5E11. In my Chess games, I seem to be doing a little better, although I still have a penchant for overlooking critical threats and opportunities.

2:31 p.m., Sunday the 15th

Yesterday I got completely caught up on Facebook. Damn! I can't even remember when's the last time that ever happened.

We got a new TV yesterday; last night the old one was all dismantled, and the new one wasn't set up yet, so we didn't watch anything. We probably won't watch anything tonight because it's a worknight. Tuesday we might watch something, Snowbunny will be away with Eddie for a Barn Hunt practice. There's just one more episode to watch in American Horror Story: Season Five (Hotel).

1:41 p.m., Monday the 16th

The new TV is huge! even bigger than the one we had. Quite a bit bigger! I didn't know they made 'em that big. We'll certainly be able to see the picture now!

My current (second) Chess game with annabelle is really heating up. I managed to grab her queen (for one of my knights) in a sweet fork, but she is still a dangerous opponent. Right now she has both of her rooks lined up in a half-open file, right next to my king. Scary stuff ...

5:02 p.m., Wednesday the 18th

Somebody at Argus Ranch tested positive for Covid, and that person's instructor was thus exposed. So, yesterday's Barn Hunt practice was canceled. We had McDonald's and a salad for dinner. After that, Brother-Husband and I watched the last episode of American Horror Story Season Five. On the big huge TV!

I won my second Chess game with annabelle -- but man was that harrowing! I like, just barely escaped the hot water I was in, with an extremely careful trade-off of pawns. Now we're on our third game (yikes!).

Both of my sons play chess online. They both started in chess clubs in elementary school. Ironically, I am the one who bought my oldest son his first chessboard in kindergarten, and taught him to play. By the end of his first grade year, I stopped being able to beat him, lol. I didn't even try to teach the younger son how to play, lol. I let his brother teach him!

I'm glad you're enjoying playing with Annabelle! :)

5:02 p.m., Wednesday the 18th

Somebody at Argus Ranch tested positive for Covid, and that person's instructor was thus exposed. So, yesterday's Barn Hunt practice was canceled. We had McDonald's and a salad for dinner. After that, Brother-Husband and I watched the last episode of American Horror Story Season Five. On the big huge TV!

I won my second Chess game with annabelle -- but man was that harrowing! I like, just barely escaped the hot water I was in, with an extremely careful trade-off of pawns. Now we're on our third game (yikes!).
Congrats! Well done. 😊

'In the end there was a dramatic battle, with overwhelming forces surrounding him, and little chance of survival, my king trudged forward with his pawns defending them and them defending he. My rooks sought to dissuade the enemy by threatening all that would come near them, but ultimately the enemy carefully flanked and dissembled one of them, sacrificing one of their own.

We waved the white flag, and my king lay his sword down.'

En garde!!!

3:41 p.m., Thursday the 19th

Good description Anna. I wish I could wave a magic wand, and make myself suddenly become more prone to spot critical threats and opportunities. Alas, that particular weakness is probably going to continue to be my cross to bear for some time. As is, my inability to scan into the malleable future more than one or two (maybe three in a pinch) moves. Chess.com has been very helpful to me in giving me the basic concepts of a good set of opening moves. But I still have a long ways to go, my middlegame and endgame are very weak.

3:21 p.m., Friday the 20th

Heh, my opening isn't very strong either, I tend to pounce on "power moves" before my opening position is fully developed, and then find that I have overextended myself. I got myself into some hot water in this new (third) game with Anna, I can't tell whether I have managed to wiggle my way out of that, or whether I have set myself up for an even bigger fall.

SB says we'll have takeout for dinner from an Indian place. Yay, I love Indian cuisine!

3:21 p.m., Friday the 20th

Heh, my opening isn't very strong either, I tend to pounce on "power moves" before my opening position is fully developed, and then find that I have overextended myself. I got myself into some hot water in this new (third) game with Anna, I can't tell whether I have managed to wiggle my way out of that, or whether I have set myself up for an even bigger fall.

SB says we'll have takeout for dinner from an Indian place. Yay, I love Indian cuisine!
Yum, now I'm craving samosas. I might have to buy myself some Indian food tonight!

I don't think I've ever had a samosa. It sounds pretty good, just going by Wiktionary.

4:01 p.m., Saturday the 21st

They sound like it. I think I would like the potato-filled ones. 😋

9:46 p.m., Sunday the 22nd

My new strategy is, after I get up in the morning, I stay up for at least twelve hours. I got up at about 10:00 a.m. today, so I am staying up until after 10:00 p.m. tonight.

I'm really struggling to keep up on everything I've got going. I don't mean to complain, the Chess thing was a fun thing to add to my life. I just need time and strategies to adjust to the new situation.

I am trying to cut back a little on my forum activity level. Doesn't amount to a big savings, at least not yet, but hey, every little minute I can save is a bonus.

4:43 p.m., Tuesday the 24th

Tonight is Eddie's last Tuesday Barn Hunt practice. SB left with him just a short time ago. BH is in charge of dinner. Don't know whether we'll have leftovers or takeout. Takeout, I hope. After dinner, we'll probably watch Episode/Chapter Four of Season One of "The Mandalorian."

Back