Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

2:21 p.m., Saturday the 12th

A few nights ago, I failed to brush, but since then I have gotten back on the wagon. In the meantime, I am extra stressed-out today, I don't know why. I am having some bad luck in Chess, and I guess that by bad luck I mean that I have been extra careless. It's so hard to notice the most obvious things. In life in general, I am quite a forgetful person.

4:51 p.m., Sunday the 13th

I can't tell whether I'm getting any better at Chess. You know, I'm doing the tutorials, one a day, and I'm doing practice games against the computer, one a day, but if I'm getting any better, I'm not seeing the evidence. Maybe I'm creeping along, and my progress is just so slow I can't see it. I should probably be more patient, it is hard to not want to suddenly improve by leaps and bounds all at once. I know where I'd like to be in Chess, I can visualize that goal, but I just can't reach it. I only hope that I'll be able to reach it someday.

Snowbunny says that Brother-Husband is under quarantine, she says that he has been overly exposed to people who aren't wearing masks, and that I must not ask him whether he and I are going to watch anything on TV for the next two weeks. I'm not sure how to navigate that. I don't want him to feel like I'm just blowing him off, but I also worry that if I tell him I'm not supposed to ask, that will sound to him (and her) like I sort of am asking. As is so often the case in my Chess games, I don't seem to have any good moves available.

6:20 p.m., Wednesday the 16th

So far the one indicator I have that BH is under quarantine, is that he is not sitting with us at the kitchen table for dinner. So I guess as long as that continues, I'll know to not ask if we're going to watch anything.

At this moment, I seem to be doing a little better at Chess. I am spending extra time on Wikipedia, studying the various openings as I run into them. I am following the standard (book) moves for the openings verbatim. Maybe eventually I'll start to memorize those moves. I figure that after a year of practice, I'll have a better idea of whether I'm improving.

I've started staying up later again, it's the only way I will be able to keep up with Chess.com, Facebook, FetLife, and this forum. I'm not trying very hard to get up earlier, that's a lost cause.

SB is off tomorrow, so I guess I get a break on letting Eddie out. This is all I have to tell you for now.

3:30 p.m., Saturday the 19th

On Wednesday night, I learned that staying up late wasn't necessarily so easy for me to do. I was so tired I decided it would be a good idea to skip brushing. I was duly ashamed of that, but I have been back on the wagon since then.

Last night, BH and I watched the final episode of the second season of The Mandalorian.

Today, I was feeling stressed-out (as usual), so, SB tried the cannabis solution on me (mixed into my coffee). That didn't affect me, so then she tried a considerably higher dose (mixed into a cup of tea). That affected me. A lot. The perfect amount.

That's all I can think of to tell you.

5:06 p.m., Sunday the 20th

I actually still have a little bit of a buzz left over from yesterday. I hope that won't make me tank in my Chess games.

Last night, BH and I watched the first three episodes of Schitt's Creek. It was pretty entertaining. We probably won't watch anything tonight, it is a worknight.

That's all I have to tell you for now.

6:40 p.m., Monday the 21st

SB is getting takout for us, I requested Red Lantern but she thinks they might be closed on Mondays. We'll probably have pizza from La Gitana. She just got home so I'll soon find out.

4:06 p.m., Tuesday the 22nd

Red Lantern was open. I got their green curry, with tofu. It was good, I would get it again.

I did not brush. :(

I'm getting kind of discouraged that I'm not keeping up with Facebook. I mean I haven't even been signing on, for a few days at least. At the moment I'm thinking I'll try (again) to stay up later, tonight at least and then see what I can do on subsequent nights.

4:54 p.m., Wednesday the 23rd

I'm doing poorly in Chess right now. I feel discouraged and frustrated. I've realized I have a particular weakness where queens are concerned. I do not notice when a queen steps directly into the path of a lesser piece. If it weren't for that, I could have captured Evie's queen in my current game with her. I realized that, hours after I had committed myself to an inferior move. So now, instead of being up a queen, my game is going poorly with her and it looks like she's going to crush me. I just hope she does so quickly, so I can put this game behind me (and start a new game with her).

Last night we had salmon, plus potatoes and other veggies. It was a really good dinner. Afterwards, I stayed up for a few hours and got somewhat caught up on Facebook. Not completely caught up, I wouldn't have wanted to stay up that late. But caught up on the initial basics. It's good that I did that; the site is insanely busy right now or at least it is on my feed. I had, like, forty new notifications (and got caught up on them all). I'll probably try to do the same tonight. I've also got some book reading I'm expected to do. I have no idea where I'll fit that in.

5:52 p.m., Sunday the 27th

As a miraculous stroke of luck would have it, I got a second crack at that queen. And this time I noticed before it was too late. Huge, huge relief. Since then, all of my games have been going much more smoothly for me. Obviously I am trying to keep a much closer eye on the queens, I hope I'll remember to continue to do that.

BH had a bunch of days off to use before year's end, so he will be off for I think all of the coming week, maybe more. I'm still struggling to get around to Facebook stuff, even when staying up late. BH and I have been watching stuff every night; one night, SB joined us and the three of us watched the movie "Hidden Figures." It was good.

4:13 p.m., Thursday the 31st

It seems like this forum has been a lot busier than usual for the past week, I haven't got around to FetLife (much less Facebook) in quite a few days. It looks like today will be the first day in quite awhile. I assume the busy-ness is due to lots of people being off for the holidays? It's New Year's Eve now, maybe everyone is out celebrating (despite the pandemic?). SB is working at home today, as the credit union has its year-end stuff to do.

My Chess games haven't been going so well lately. I am still blundering into situations where my queens get easily captured. Like WTF, right? Yesterday I snuck some strong whiskey, as consolation for losing a game badly against the computer. I admit I would probably drink some more today too, if there was more opportunity to do so.

BH and I have been watching more episodes of Schitt's Creek. This concludes my riport.

6:13 p.m., Tuesday the 5th

My Chess games got easier for a few days, they seem to go in cycles, things go smoothly for me for awhile, then I start to suck for awhile, rinse and repeat. My younger brother (the one in prison) wrote me a letter, and had our mom send me a book to read. In other words, I've had even more to do lately, and haven't been doing as much on the Chess website. I have to somehow make time for everything, but I've been extra tired lately.

SB made me a cannabis sandwich cookie a few days ago. It was really powerful, I think I still have a little bit of leftover buzz. Yay! I do hope there's more of that.

4:37 p.m., Saturday the 9th

I'm doing better about staying up late, but I'm getting up super late the next day. In Chess, my games are going okay, but not great, and I am still not satisfied with my tendency to overlook threats and opportunities. My hope is that a year from now (the beginning of 2022), I'll be able to see some progress in my level of playing. If I'm super lucky, I'll start to notice combinations that involve a sacrifice. But I'm not counting on that.

SB has said that we will have tacos for dinner tonight. That sounds good, I am looking forward to that. Maybe it will involve beans and/or refried beans.

3:43 p.m., Saturday the 16th

This week I've had a super hard time catching up on things. I don't even remember when's the last time I logged in on Facebook. Yesterday, SB bought me some port, and today, I have with gratitude been drinking it. Maybe I will get around to doing Facebook stuff today. I hope so. I haven't done Chess lessons for a few days, I feel bad about that, I'm not sure what to do.

Eddie had a Barn Hunt practice today; BH and SB just got home from that. BH and I have been re-watching some Mandalorian episodes. This concludes my riport.

5:05 p.m., Wednesday the 20th

Still tired most of the time, having a hard time staying up late, and getting up ridiculously late. That's depressing and frustrating. I'm not doing great at Chess, just okay. I can't seem to find the time to do Chess lessons and practice games versus the computer players. The idea of catching up on Facebook is a joke. Very frustrating. I'll be honest, I'm also not thrilled about some of the treatment I've received on the forum today. [shrug] It is what it is.

I always enjoy your updates - for what that is worth.
Opalescent! I haven't seen you post lately, how are doing? I've missed your voice here.

5:10 p.m., Thursday the 21st

Thanks opal; that does help.

6:25 p.m., Friday the 22nd

I tried not quite staying up as late last night, to see if that wouldn't make it easier to get up a few hours earlier today. No luck, heck if anything matters were worse. It's getting harder and harder to get up in the morning (read: afternoon). I feel like I don't want to get up at all. Ever. Oh for just one day in which I stayed in bed until the next day. That's how I feel when I'm in bed. Once I've been up for a few hours, I feel fine about being up. But how to get over that initial hurdle?

I've been doing a little better about doing daily Chess lessons and practice games, and a precious little better about tending to Facebook.

A few days (a week?) ago, I skipped brushing one day. Obviously, I don't feel good about that now, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

BH had the day off today. SB will have Monday off. Obviously they both have tomorrow and Sunday off, so that's four days in which I don't have to let Eddie out.

8:45 p.m., Wednesday the 27th

The fatigue has been worse over the last few days, yesterday I didn't even sit down at the computer. Of course, that's partly because I went with SB to pick up groceries (and a prescription) at Walmart, but it's also because during what little time I had, I was laying down on my bed. Got up late, went to bed early, got up late again today. Tonight I am finally staying up a little. Maybe I'll talk myself into staying up a lot? maybe long enough to get slightly caught up on Facebook? Probably not, but I can always hope.

A couple of nights ago, I skipped brushing. Sorry about that. I was desperately tired at the time.

With the current worsening of the Covid crisis, SB has been instructed to work only from home again until further notice. This is a good thing for me because it means I don't have to let Eddie out. That's all I have to tell you for now.

6:11 p.m., Saturday the 30th

On Wednesday, I did manage to get around to Facebook, and got caught up on the basics there. Maybe I'll be able to do that about once a week? I've been trying to spend less time in bed, but that's very hard for me. :(

In today's Chess game versus the computer, I drew the game, it seems I had too much artillery on my side, and too little brains to remember that stalemate is always a possibility. I'm pretty peeved at myself, as you can probably tell. [shrug] It is what it is.

Back