Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

5:45 p.m., Monday the 13th

So yesterday I went on to catch up on all my things, and had enough time (and energy) leftover to do a bot game: me as White versus the Chess engine as Black at Level 1400. Things didn't go great for me in the Opening, but then they started to gradually improve. The Chess engine made a few trades that were advantageous for me, resulting in me slowly getting further and further ahead on material. So I won the game, and it seemed like a pretty clean game (Opening aside). The computer's post-game analysis said I made no mistakes, no blunders, and no missed wins. Most of my moves, at the time I made those moves, were tagged by the computer as being the "best" moves possible. Overall a pretty sweet deal for me.

Now if I can just win one more 1400-point game. Same opponent, but with me playing as Black (which means the Chess engine gets to set the tone of the game). If I win that next game, I'll then get to try my hand against an officially "advanced" opponent (1500 points). I should be scared about that, but I'm eager to try it. It's actually the final 1400-point game that worries me. I'm on a winning streak. If I can just keep that going for one more game.

I'm feeling better today, the pain/anxiety levels have gone down quite a bit. Who knows what tomorrow will be like. Now, I have to tell you that I have been dropping the ball about brushing -- and hence, wearing my night guard. Lately I've only been doing that about every other day. Which means I'm probably grinding my teeth at night and that will add up to some real damage before long. I've got to do better starting tonight, I've just got to.

4:25 p.m., Tuesday the 14th

I caught up on everything yesterday, Snowbunny (and Eddie) had Barn Hunt practice so dinner wasn't until after 8:30 p.m.

However, I did not have time leftover to do a bot game. Which, frankly, is a relief. I don't know whether I'll get that relief tonight as well.

I did brush, and thus, wore my night guard. I hope I will do so tonight as well, and maybe I won't need to mention it.

4:48 p.m., Thursday the 16th

Word on the street is that Snowbunny and I will go shopping today, and eat out (or at least get takeout). Brother-Husband is going to his weekly curling class, and I guess picking up his own dinner? or is he picking up takeout for the three of us? I'm a little fuzzy on that detail.

No new bot game yet.

6:19 p.m., Friday the 17th

Heh, it appears that BH was fuzzy on that detail as well. He thought he was just getting takeout for himself ... until SB called him and informed him that he was getting takeout for all three of us. So he was at Firehouse Subs, getting "the Engineer" for himself. So he then went ahead and got three of those for us. SB didn't think it was what she would order, and I didn't know if I'd like it, but as it turned out it was pretty delicious, and we all liked it.

After dinner, BH went to his curling class, and SB and I went shopping at Trader Joe's. We got some really good stuff, such as a few kinds of cheese including apricot stilton, and some drinky-drinks including port (20% alcohol by volume) and pumpkin spice cream. Life is not perfect, but life is good. This concludes my today's riport.

4:59 p.m., Saturday the 18th

Eddie is having a Barn Hunt trial/competition today and tomorrow. He and SB got back from today's event at about 3:30 p.m. ... and from what little I've overheard, it sounds like he had a slow start, but overall did well.

Last night, BH and I drank the pumpkin spice cream. It was super good. SB is not a pumpkin kind of person, so she drank some wine instead. Then I finished off the wine. It was a good day. Then BH and I watched Episode Three (of Season One) of the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel ... this concludes my riport.

1:38 p.m., Sunday the 19th

Wow, what a contrast between yesterday and today on this forum. Yesterday I had 16 alerts (reactions to my posts and followed threads with new posts), today I had one. I suppose I'll go on to catch up on everything, plus do that next bot game. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Yesterday, BH and I watched Mrs. Maisel Episode Four. This concludes my riport.

6:18 p.m., Monday the 20th

After I posted the above post, the site got really busy again, and I didn't get caught up. I got as far as catching up on Facebook. But no book reading, no Chess puzzle, no Chess lesson ... and no bot game. And I'm pretty sure I'll get no further than that tonight.

I'm disappointed with the mod behavior I've been seeing lately. Lots of muscle flexing. Unfortunately for me, my voice is not the assertive, popular voice. I put myself at way too much risk just by posting this in my blog. I'll just remind any readers that a blog is not an appropriate place for advice or criticism. Not unless I ask for it, and that is emphatically not what I'm doing.

5:02 p.m., Tuesday the 21st

It appears that I have kicked the hornet's nest. Not what I wanted, and not what I anticipated. But maybe it's for the best. I don't think keeping quiet would have been the right move.

4:10 p.m., Thursday the 23rd

I have been doing poorly for the last few days, much worse than usual. Yesterday I snapped at SB, which did not go over well, but in the end it led to some communication that was probably long overdue, so I guess that's a silver lining. But it was a stressful thing to go through, when I was already going through a lot of extra stress.

I've been told that this evening, SB and I will eat out together, and we will do some shopping. That all might serve as a welcome distraction, who knows.

3:29 p.m., Friday the 24th

We ate out at Sadie's. The chip salsa was really good (with bona fide heat), they made an excellent house margarita, and I was pleased with what I ordered, however they botched SB's order and so she was like, "I won't go here again, at least not for a long time." She felt that Little Anita's was better (but Little Anita's doesn't have a liquor license).

I'm still not doing great. But maybe a little better. BH and I might watch an episode tonight.

12:52 p.m., Saturday the 25th

We did watch an episode, and will probably watch another tonight. It's a helpful distraction. Plus with dinner, SB got out some sweet wine (from Greece) and some port (from California, not Portugal, but it was still good). I think she knew I needed it.

The forum is very quiet today, which for me is a good thing. I'm kind of burned out on it. Although I'm not ready to walk away, at least not yet.

6:21 p.m., Tuesday the 28th

We're finally getting some cooler weather, and it has rained today. The forum has been very busy for the last couple of days. I don't know what we're having for dinner, but I think SB is making it even as we speak. This concludes my riport.

3:48 p.m., Wednesday the 29th

Dinner last night was a big salad. Sigh. I know. It was good for us.

Alas, we did not drink any wine last night. I'm hoping we'll drink some tonight. I could use it. I know SB wants us to exercise some moderation. She is not wrong to feel that way. I just hope that skipping yesterday is moderate enough for now.

I also hope we'll go shopping soon.

3:33 p.m., Thursday the 30th

Dinner last night was nothing special, mostly leftovers. But also, SB opened for us a bottle of port, my far and away favorite kind of wine. When she tried it, SB didn't care for this particular port, but I liked it. It was a strong port, 20% alcohol.

Tonight (in about an hour), SB and I will go out to eat, and go shopping. It's quite cool today. That's all I have to tell you for the moment.

2:33 p.m., Saturday the 2nd

Today and tomorrow is the Albuquerque balloon festival. So when I woke up this morning, the sky was filled with hot-air balloons. It was interesting enough that I got up early. Rainee and I watched the balloons. Eddie was out (with BH and SB) getting a haircut. The balloons were there, then I stepped out to take a pit stop, and then poof, they were gone.

Tomorrow the novelty shapes are supposed to fly.

4:27 p.m., Sunday the 3rd

Okay they were still mostly regular shapes, but again, lots and lots of balloons. I guess it's not just yesterday and today, it's the whole coming week as well. (I guess that includes the coming weekend.) I don't know if I'll get up early every day, I guess it's possible. The sound of the burners is certainly enticing.

5:58 p.m., Monday the 4th

I was too lazy to get up early this morning, but I could still see quite a few balloons from my bed through my window. Most of them were some distance away, but a couple of them got so close I thought they were going to hit me.

My theory is that the balloons all fly bright and early so that there's more contrast in air temperature between the envelope and the outside air. That's probably also why the balloon festival is in October, just when outdoor temperatures are getting cool but the weather is still good.

1:49 p.m., Tuesday the 5th

None of the balloons got close today. I am thinking that the wind was blowing in another direction. I don't know whether that'll be the case tomorrow.

Back