Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

12:53 p.m., Tuesday the 26th

Hello Timsterandwife,
  • V = a poly group of three people, two "legs" who are not romantically involved with each other, and one "hinge" who is romantically involved with both of the legs.
  • N = similar to a V, but adding a fourth person who is romantically involved with one of the legs (thus that leg becomes a hinge).
  • M = similar to an N, but adding a fifth person who is romantically involved with the fourth person.
I hope that's not too confusing.
Sincerely,
Kevin T.

3:44 p.m., Wednesday the 27th

Earlier today, I finished a bot game (versus a 900-point bot). I did manage to win it, but it was something of a harrowing ride. I kept thinking I had checkmate in the bag, only to have that king slip once again through my fingers. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I didn't lose. For my next bot game, I will play as Black, against the same bot.

I'm super super hungry, but trying hard to fast until dinner. This is my riport.

11:43 a.m., Thursday the 28th

I managed to complete my fast, and after dinner I managed to talk myself into brushing (and hence, putting in my night guard). That makes two days in a row for brushing, hopefully three days tonight. Tonight will probably be a harder sell, because Snowbunny and I are I think going shopping, and I'll be extra tired. So, later today, she and I will go to the CVS pharmacy that is in our local Target, and I will get my Covid booster shot (plus a regular flu shot while I'm at it). We will pick up my prescription refill while we're there, and perhaps go shopping at that Target. I hope we will, Brother-Husband and I are getting low on creamer. (Snowbunny uses stevia and half-and-half.) Anyway, it will be a busy afternoon and evening, which is why I got up earlier than usual today.

1:08 p.m., Saturday the 30th

For some reason I felt like getting up "early" today, I guess that means I'll get caught up on everything, I may even do a bot game.

At 1:30 p.m., BH and SB have a (remote) counseling session scheduled. It's nothing serious, but SB feels they need better communication. BH doesn't think there's anything wrong, but he's willing to go along with the counseling idea.

8:19 p.m., Monday the 1st

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday, SB and I spent awhile shopping for the pets (Eddie has a bunch of allergies). After we got done with that, I felt super tired and crashed for awhile.

We were prepared for trick-or-treaters last night, but none showed up. :(

BH and SB (and Eddie) had Barn Hunt practice tonight, and they just got home from that. Luckily they brought takeout, I'm mighty hungry.

4:03 p.m., Wednesday the 3rd

I think it's fair to say that the forum has been extra busy lately ... which is fine, it's my choice to participate ... but it does help explain how I have managed to get behind on things. Facebook will probably be clogged with new notifications ... but I don't know that for sure, I haven't been there in a few days.

On Monday, I guess what happened is that BH had a desperate "I have to eat now, I don't care where" moment (this has happened before). So, SB ended up getting us Chick-fil-A. Not a happy thought, but I tried to give it a fair shake. I wouldn't call the food awful, but I wouldn't call it stellar either.

This concludes my riport.

4:51 p.m., Thursday the 4th

I got somewhat caught up yesterday, I made it through all of my Facebook notifications. I probably won't fare as well tomorrow, but we'll see. The forum is still busier than usual.

SB made dinner yesterday, it was shrimp on a bed of squash, with parmesan on top. It was pretty good. Plus we had some wine; always a happy moment for me.

4:16 p.m., Friday the 5th

SB cut my hair today. No more bad hair days!

A little after 4:30 p.m., SB and I will go shopping. This might include a trip to the liquor store, depends how lucky I get.

I won't get caught up on things today, but I might tomorrow. BH and SB are going on a road trip tomorrow, with a friend of theirs.

1:00 p.m., Saturday the 6th

BH and SB are on their road trip. I have drank my drinky-drink, Irish cream plus some scotch with Pepsi. Now I am drinking some coffee. I don't know if I'll catch up on everything today. BH and SB will probably get home around 5:00 p.m. or so.

Rainee's my special friend today.

2:16 p.m., Sunday the 7th

I've been super stressed-out today so far, I could use a nice stiff drink ... and I have Jäger in the freezer, but with SB (and BH) here, I could never get away with it.

5:58 p.m., Monday the 4th
My theory is that the balloons all fly bright and early so that there's more contrast in air temperature between the envelope and the outside air. That's probably also why the balloon festival is in October, just when outdoor temperatures are getting cool but the weather is still good.
That’s exactly it, Kevin. Interestingly, Albuquerque has a very special “box” of air layers with different temperatures and wind direction which sometimes makes it so balloons can take off, fly around, and land very close to where they took off. I love and miss seeing all the balloons. Many of my loved ones participate every year.

2:16 p.m., Sunday the 7th

I've been super stressed-out today so far, I could use a nice stiff drink ... and I have Jäger in the freezer, but with SB (and BH) here, I could never get away with it.
Does it ever help to get outside and take a nice walk? That can relieve stress. I know it may not help with extreme depression or anxiety, but it does help many.

2:39 p.m., Monday the 8th

I usually go out walking (with SB and the dog) just about every day. I don't get anything out of it psychologically, but it helps pacify SB and my doctor regarding my physical health. What helps me psychologically is alcohol, and if I'm very lucky, cannabis. Please note that this is my blog thread, and I am not asking for advice. Quite the opposite.

SlowPoly, thanks for your input about the balloons. The last two days of the festival this year were a bust, due to high winds. No more balloons were launched.

1:19 p.m., Tuesday the 9th

Eddie had a Barn Hunt practice last night, and BH and SB both went, so, I had the chance to drink my Jäger. I had three shot glasses full. I had a nice buzz going, but I figured I better stop at three. Tonight, I'm just going to have to rough it.

3:18 p.m., Wednesday the 10th

I got lucky and SB made me a drink, with some scotch that we had.

Earlier in the day, I got all caught up on things and had enough time to play a bot game. Which I dreaded, it was with the new 1400-point bot, but miraculously I managed to win it. It was a fairly clean game, my only weakness that I detected was that I ended up with a queen exchange involving jumping his queen with my king, thus losing my ability to castle. But, I seemed to work around that weakness well enough. At the end of the game, the computer analyzed me, and said I had zero mistakes, zero blunders, and zero missed wins. So it must have been a clean game, right?

Next I will play as Black against that same bot. Mostly I still dread it. Don't know if that will be today or later. Tonight, Eddie has an obedience class. I am thinking I will come along for the ride, I will sit in the car and practice on my handheld Chess computer. Early tomorrow, SB will leave early to go to Michigan and attend a funeral. She will be gone I think until Sunday. Which means I'll have to take Eddie out a couple of times, but on the bright side, no one will catch me drinking more Jäger.

3:07 p.m., Friday the 12th

I didn't get caught up on things yesterday, but I think I might today. It wasn't too hard taking Eddie out yesterday and today; over the weekend I'll let BH take him out and then SB will get back from her trip. I guess her flights got all screwed up yesterday, but she did finally arrive in Detroit. For dinner last night, BH brought us pizza from Dion's. Tonight might be a bust, we might have TV dinners, we'll see. Speaking of TV, we might watch something on TV, perhaps another Handmaid's episode.

1:55 p.m., Saturday the 13th

We just had TV dinners last night, which I guess is okay, I got to have some stuff that I had picked out. After that we watched another episode of the Handmaid's Tale. We are currently on Season Two Episode Two. Tonight we will probably watch Episode Three. The series continues to be very well done, it is certainly a disturbing series though. I don't think that type of thing would really happen, but the series does paint a convincing picture.

SB's flights got screwed up, and she arrived in Michigan many hours late. As far as I know things have gone reasonably well since then, it is a very busy trip though for her and she has only been able to email me a couple of times. I guess that's all I have to tell you right now. I did get caught up on everything yesterday, but did not do a bot game.

3:08 p.m., Sunday the 14th

BH and I went out for dinner last night. He took us to a place called Twin Peaks. It is a restaurant chain similar to Hooters. In my defense, it wasn't my idea. But I certainly didn't object. The food was good. :) And the view was nice too. ;) After dinner, we watched the next episode of the Handmaid's Tale. I guess that's ironic?

SB is supposed to arrive back home today, but based on her flight times, I'm thinking she won't get here until around 9:00 p.m. ... so I don't know if we'll have dinner with her, I don't know what the plan is for dinner. I'm pretty hungry, but I'm trying to fast. That's all I have to tell you for the moment.

1:04 p.m., Tuesday the 16th

BH got us green chili hamburgers (with root beer and fries) from Whataburger for dinner on Sunday. Not sure what SB did for dinner, it was 9:38 p.m. when she got home. Maybe she didn't have dinner, maybe she just settled for whatever they served on the plane? All of her flights on this trip were jacked up, she does not recommend American Airlines.

Yesterday, at around 4:45 p.m., SB and I went out to go shopping. It was a lengthy trip, it was after 7:30 p.m. when we got back. For dinner we got rotisserie chicken (and potato salad) at the grocery store (Smith's). I'll be honest, the chicken wasn't very good.

Part of our shopping trip involved stopping at a nearby liquor store. SB said I could get a bottle of Rumple Minze peppermint schnapps liqueur (100 proof). BH, SB, and Eddie have a Barn Hunt event to go to, this coming Thursday thru Sunday. So I guess I know when I'll drink it. :)

2:24 p.m., Wednesday the 17th

Alas, they're not leaving until Friday. But I want my driiiii-i-i-iiink! [stomp stomp stomp]

Tonight, Eddie has an obedience class at Petco. The plan is for me to go along for the ride, I don't know if we'll stop anywhere else while we're out. I'll bring my handheld Chess computer with me. We leave at, say, 4:30 or 4:45 p.m., depends on when SB gets off from work. She said we'd have leftovers for dinner tonight. I think they're Indian leftovers, which I kind of like.

I'm just thinking about how good that drink's going to taste. Sooooo good.

Back