Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

Glad to know the house purchase will work out after all! House buying is really stressful these days, since it's still a huge seller's market.

2:30 p.m., Thursday the 5th

Yeah, that really had me scared there for a while. The law says we can only make so many counteroffers (two I think), and we were down to our last one. If they had said no to that, we would have been screwed.

Later today, Snowbunny and I will go shopping. Brother-Husband has come down with a bug of some kind, so he is kind of confined to his room. Snowbunny normally sleeps with him (not me because I snore), so for a few days she is sleeping on the floor (she has a couple of yoga mats to sleep on) in the guest room.

10:28 p.m., Saturday the 7th

I decided to stay up late (if I could stand it) because I'm getting too far behind on my internet things. So far it looks like I'll get caught up on this forum. Now can I also get caught up on FetLife and Facebook? That would be nice, but I don't know if I'll get too tired for that.

Yesterday, SB found I think a blow-up bed that she could sleep on. (BH is still sick.) She said she slept much better last night.

Today, SB and I went to Baillios to look at some stove/ovens. After that, we did a little shopping at, I think it's called Talin Market? then we ate out at a place called, I think, Korean BBQ. I'm not big on Korean but they also had sushi, and I'm definitely into that. It was a good dinner.

Yesterday, SB made her famous chicken soup that is so good for you when you're feeling sick. BH had some of that tonight.

Talin Market is really good! A lot of Asian food that's hard to find elsewhere. I also like 999 Seafood Supermarket not far from Talin (it's called "seafood market" but it has all kinds of Asian food, especially Chinese and Vietnamese).

Hope BH recovers soon.

1:35 p.m., Sunday the 8th

Yeah, we found some useful stuff at Talin, as well as some fun treats. I had not heard of 999, we'll have to try that sometime.

I'm not sure how BH is feeling. His door is a little bit more open now, so maybe that is a good sign.

Last night, I did manage to catch up (on the "big three" -- Polyamory.com, FetLife, and Facebook). However, it was after 2:00 a.m. when I finally went to bed. Not the end of the world I guess, I don't feel terrible today.

There's going to be more times when I get behind like that, especially during the next month or so. This week in particular looks pretty bad. They are going to inspect our condo this week, that is slated to take about four hours, and we'll probably have to vacate the place (with the pets) for that. I anticipate being stuck in SB's car, with no power cord, and no internet access. In other words, there may be days coming up where I don't get a chance to sign in here at all. So, just don't be alarmed when that happens, I probably won't be able to give advance notice.

I hear tell that we are having hot dogs for dinner tonight. I'll confide in you, and admit that I don't much care for hot dogs these days. Unless it's a Coney Island chili dog. There are things I don't care much for these days, even though they're very popular. Pizza is the most prominent example of that.

2:21 p.m., Tuesday the 10th

Obviously I didn't get caught up (on the big three) yesterday, I did catch up on Sunday, and maybe I will today. Tomorrow is the inspection here for termites, Thursday will be the general inspection. I think I can be here for the termite inspection, but I don't think I'll be here on Thursday.

BH has gone to work yesterday and today, so I think he must be mostly (or entirely) recovered.

Dinner last night was TV dinners, that was kind of a bummer. Not sure what dinner will be tonight.

4:07 p.m., Wednesday the 11th

Well it wasn't too bad, we had fish sticks and fries. Tonight I guess we are having leftovers. That is kind of depressing.

SB and I (BH is at work; SB works from home) did have to vacate the condo today, while the termite guy inspected it. Her laptop has a built-in internet connection, and her phone was able to bestow wifi on my laptop. We stationed ourselves in a nearby park (walking distance), and remained there for an hour or two. Tomorrow we're going to be out for more like four hours. We will have to dig into a box containing my books; I have finished reading the one book I had out. I won't have a power cord tomorrow, so my laptop's battery might run out.

I did get caught up yesterday. Can't tell whether I will today.

12:42 p.m., Thursday the 12th

I did not get caught up yesterday, other than on this forum. The forum is very quiet today, just a weird coincidence I guess. Soon I will have to pack up and get ready to vacate the condo. For the general inspections. Later today, SB says we'll go shopping (at Target).

1:54 p.m., Friday the 13th

The forum is still pretty quiet, although I received a couple of private messages. I am a little extra stressed-out today, as always for no known reason. The inspections on our condo are all done, now we just have the appraisal tomorrow. I hope they will value this place at $250,000.00 ... so that we can get the full amount that was offered to us.

I didn't quite get caught up yesterday.

5:15 p.m., Sunday the 15th

Forum activity levels have picked up some, and it has been more of a challenge lately to get caught up on things. Yesterday our condo was appraised, so we (the three of us, plus the pets) had to vacate the place for a few hours. While we were out, we ate lunch at a Burritos Alinstante, one of my favorite places. I ordered a #9 burrito (beans, potatoes, cheese, and green chili), it was really good. SB was disappointed with her order, she got three tacos and they were dry and really expensive. So maybe we won't be back there anytime soon? There are a lot of other intriguing Mexican restaurants in that area.

4:05 p.m., Monday the 16th

I got caught up yesterday on the forum and on FetLife, but not on Facebook. The odds of getting around to all three today are better, owing to the fact that SB has Barn Hunt tonight and that means a late dinner. SB usually gets takeout for us on Mondays, and that's what she says she'll do today. Something to look forward to.

5:02 p.m., Tuesday the 17th

I got all caught up yesterday -- just barely! I was just wrapping up going through my entire Facebook feed when SB walked through the door. She brought Chinese with her for dinner. I had vegetable egg foo young, a personal favorite of mine. SB and I took Eddie on just a short walk. All told, yesterday was a good day.

5:02 p.m., Tuesday the 17th

I got all caught up yesterday -- just barely! I was just wrapping up going through my entire Facebook feed when SB walked through the door. She brought Chinese with her for dinner. I had vegetable egg foo young, a personal favorite of mine. SB and I took Eddie on just a short walk. All told, yesterday was a good day.
Yay to "good day"s!!! (I had one, too!)

2:14 p.m., Wednesday the 18th

Good days all around for everyone. Cheers! :)

I got caught up again yesterday -- again, just in the nick of time. I'm less likely to catch up today, SB and I have to leave at about 5:00 p.m. to take Eddie on a mall walk. Which is fine, catching up isn't always my top priority.

Dinner last night was pasta with sauce, parmesan, and turkey meatballs. Okay, but nothing to write home about. Today, we'll get takeout from a Range Café. I'll get a bean/rice/cheese burrito. Sounds promising.

1:24 p.m., Thursday the 19th

It looks like I'll get all caught up today, the forum is not very busy. The calendar (mostly kept by SB, but BH and I have access to it) says Eddie's supposed to get a heartworm shot today (if I'm reading it right), maybe I could go along for the ride, but I have a feeling it's not gonna happen.

4:27 p.m., Friday the 20th

At about 4:50 p.m., the three of us will leave to go get our second round of Covid booster shots. So far we have been getting Pfizer shots; this time we will get Moderna shots, you know, to sort of mix things up.

I do like the idea of getting out, and I don't mind getting the shot. Alas we probably won't eat out; SB's been saying it's leftovers today. Maybe we'll do some shopping?

I wish the second booster were available to everyone! I did mix and match with my booster too - my first two shots were Moderna and the booster was Pfizer.

11:53 a.m., Saturday the 21st

Hmmm, come to think of it, the initial Pfizer Covid shot consists of two shots, a first shot and then a second shot two weeks later? if I am remembering right. And the second shot counts as a booster shot? If so, then we have actually had three boosters altogether.

I didn't know the second booster wasn't available to everyone. I did know there were limitations on children getting vaccinated, like there was a minimum age? I have a hard time keeping track of all the Covid stuff.

Back when people were just starting to get the shots, I did hear some people call the second shot a booster. But I think technically the first two shots together are called the "primary series", and only additional shots after that are boosters.

I thought only people 50+ were eligible for the second booster, but I just googled it and found out people 12+ who are immunocompromised and those who got two shots of J&J (initial shot and first booster) are also eligible. I heard some people just self-claimed to be immunocompromised to get boosters, but I'm not sure I want to do that yet. I do have a fairly low risk of exposure since I work from home.

Ah; okay, then we have had the primary series, plus two boosters each. All three of us (in our V) are over fifty, so they didn't question us when we went for that second booster. They did look at our driver's licenses, perhaps to double-check our ages. BH and SB are both 52. I will turn 57 this year.

BH has a substantial risk because he does deliveries (for Lowe's). SB works from home. I don't work, I am on disability. SB and I do go out shopping about once a week, and Eddie has his mall walks on Wednesdays. BH and SB are out right now, doing errands. And sometimes all three of us go out.

Back