Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

3:17 p.m., Sunday the 22nd

All three of us went out last night for dinner. How awesome is that? We ate at Twin Peaks -- a sort of local version of Hooters. Hey, the food is good! and the drinks are good too. I had a drink called liquid cocaine -- Jäger, Rumple Minze, and I think cinnamon whisky. I liked it a lot. I have to admit, our server was hot, but she was also a cool person.

Alas, we have to eat in tonight. Snowbunny was thinking pasta, hamburger, sauce, and parmesan. Not terrible, but nothing special, if I can say that.

8:19 p.m., Monday the 23rd

As with all Mondays, today SB had Barn Hunt, so we'll have a late dinner. Takeout, from Dion's. She'll bring me an Italian sub, with salad. (Last night, we actually had chicken, buttered pasta, and Brussels sprouts. Better than I had anticipated.)

The huge parts of moving are getting closer and closer. Our condo appraised at (if I remember right) $237,000.00 ... and the offer we took was for $5,000.00 over the appraised value (up to $250,000.00) ... so, we'll have $242,000.00 to work with.

The forum's been really busy today, so that's why I'm only now getting around to this thread.

2:48 p.m., Tuesday the 24th

Later today (after 6:00 p.m.) we have a walkthrough at the new place, I'm hoping to be able to be there for that.

Last night we all had subs from Dion's. They were okay, but not as good as Subway or Jersey Mike's.

2:46 p.m., Wednesday the 25th

Later today, like 5:00 p.m. or so, SB and I will leave with Eddie to take him on a mall walk. We'll have dinner when we get back, stuffed cabbage made with "beyond meat." I hope it's good, but I have to say, most beyond-meat still needs improvement.

Tomorrow is the closing on the new house. I don't know where that will happen, and I don't know whether I'll be there. I'm not good at this technical house stuff, and I admit I'm not trying very hard. Thinking about it makes me tired.

Good luck with closing! It's really just signing a million of papers lol.

1:50 p.m., Thursday the 26th

The closing is done ... I stayed at home and I guess SB signed the pile of papers. I think we get the keys to the new house either tonight or tomorrow.

Dinner yesterday was decent. I guess SB did half of the stuffed cabbage with real meat, and half with beyond beef. I have to admit, I couldn't really tell the difference.

Eddie wasn't well-behaved at the mall, he was really hyperactive and went #2 on the mall floor, after withholding when we were outside. Bad, bad dog.

3:44 p.m., Friday the 27th

For dinner last night we had the rest of the stuffed cabbage -- and this time, I could tell the difference. Beyond Beef has some kind of added smoky taste, and I don't care for it. I guess Burger King can get away with it (Impossible Whopper) because the original Whopper is already flame broiled. Somehow the smoky taste works on a Whopper.

Earlier, our realtor turned over the key to the new house. Just one key, but I reckon that's okay because we are going to change the locks anyway.

2:06 p.m., Saturday the 28th

Brother-Husband and Snowbunny have started the process of moving our stuff to the new house; also they are doing some painting over there. Our Wi-Fi connection is still here at the condo, so that's where I am. Our calendar says that a week from today will be our first overnight spent at the new place. Our Wi-Fi connection is scheduled to be moved over there the day before that. For dinner yesterday, we had subs from Jersey Mike's. Really, really good.

Earlier, I played a Chess bot game ... versus Wendy, and again, as has always been the case with that bot, I lost. For a while there it was looking like I might pull through, but then I let one of Wendy's pawns slip through my defenses, and she promoted to queen. Game over, obviously. Have I mentioned how much I hate losing at Chess?

And I'm sorry. I'm sorry I'm not a better Chess player. I guess I was supposed to climb all the way up the list of bots. To do that, I think I'd have to play fifty games a day. And I still wouldn't make it. I can't think that many moves ahead. I can't wrap my mind around the whole board. I'm sorry. Sorry I'm not a Grandmaster. Sorry I'll never be a Grandmaster. Did you hear that? I'm not dedicated enough to the game. I'm not addicted enough to play fifty games a day. I can hardly stand one game a day. That's not going to change.

I guess I say all that because I'm venting. I'm talking to the Voice inside my head, the Voice that beats me up when I make a mistake ... plus I pay for that mistake by losing the game. These are the things I would say to that Voice if it would listen. But the Voice doesn't give a fuck what I have to say. All the Voice hears, sees, and cares about, is that I blew it. Again.

11:40 a.m., Sunday the 29th

I played another bot game yesterday, this time versus Antonio, who I seem to be able to win against most of the time. But not this time. Antonio mostly won, but it was a draw by stalemate. I had no legal moves left for my king.

I actually felt relatively indifferent about this outcome. Maybe I'm so burned out, on getting my ass kicked, that I'm just numb to it. Or maybe I got my "apologizing to the Voice" out of my system. Or maybe I just got "lucky." This time.

For dinner last night, BH and SB brought me chicken from a place called Golden Pride, with a few sides. They actually had that for lunch, so they decided they better have salad for dinner. After dinner, SB and I took Eddie on a short walk.

6:08 p.m., Monday the 30th

The forum has been really super busy today, and I think that's the main reason why I'm so late posting this.

I did another bot game yesterday, versus Antonio and lost. I guess I wasn't too upset about it, relatively speaking.

Dinner last night was takeout from Taco Cabana. Good stuff. Tonight I guess we are going to have TV dinners ... sigh.

3:46 p.m., Tuesday the 31st

While not as busy as yesterday, I would still say the forum is very busy today. Not complaining, just musing over the possible reasons why I am late in posting here.

No bot games yesterday, I didn't have the time. Obviously I'm not too disappointed.

We did have TV dinners, which is not my preference but I did get two dinners I liked relatively. Hopefully tonight we'll have takeout, but we'll see.

SB is at the new house today (with Eddie), which is somewhat confusing. Did she have today off? The calendar didn't say so. [shrug] Not complaining, just musing over how I think this week will play out. It's going to get really crazy Friday and Saturday, I think.

1:52 p.m., Wednesday the 1st

I think SB has some kind of traveling internet connection that she takes with her. She is at the new house to let in the various service people that are going there right now, but at the same time, she can still work remotely. Today, at 4:00 p.m., I have a dentist appointment. SB will pick me up for that at 3:25 p.m., and during my appointment, she will sit in the car and have a short work meeting. At that time I guess she will use her phone for a laptop connection.

I did a bot game yesterday, I demoted myself to a 1400-point bot (the Chess engine), and I still lost. Which is kind of a disgusting thought, but maybe it's a blessing in disguise if I keep demoting myself until the games get easier. Right?

Dinner last night was pizza (plus salad) from Dion's, always tasty, and, as SB said, easy to order.

3:38 p.m., Thursday the 2nd

So I guess it turns out SB didn't have to sit in the car for that meeting, I think the dentist's office had Wi-Fi that she was allowed to use. As for me, I got the same hygienist as last time, she's very nice. She said I was doing a super good job on brushing and flossing, and encouraged me to continue that. The same dentist too, and he's also nice, but he had some bad news. One of my teeth had lost part of a filling. So I'll have to get that one drilled. There were also a handful of teeth that the dentist thought could use some drilling, but he didn't insist, he let me decide. I opted to get the one done with the partial missing filling, but to wait on the others. The dentist seemed sad when I said that. Maybe on future visits, I'll say let's get those other teeth done, but only one at a time? starting with whichever tooth needs it the most. I'll let him decide.

So I guess SB had BH pick up a few groceries, including last night's dinner. He didn't get us TV dinners, but he did get us frozen dinner in a bag. Ravioli -- five cheese. It did not come with sauce, so SB added that. We also had some wine (BH had ale/beer) with dinner, which made me very happy. The wine was quite sweet.

1:28 p.m., Friday the 3rd

So the calendar says that our internet service (Comcast I believe) will be moved to the new house today; the precise time isn't known. The forum isn't too busy today, so it looks like I'll get all caught up on that part. Things are going to get more chaotic around here, as we move from today into tomorrow. The Two Guys and a Truck guys are scheduled to arrive here at 8:00 a.m., which for me means I'll need to get up at 7:00 a.m., super early for me. Tonight will be the last night we spend at the condo. Things are getting real.

For dinner last night we had takeout from Subway, I got a tuna sub with which I was quite happy. After that, SB and I took Eddie on a moderate walk.

Our move with Two Men and a Truck was scheduled at 8 too, which was terribly early for me. That was a long day, since the movers only moved big items in the morning, and we went back to get some of the smaller items in the afternoon. But if you guys are having the movers move everything, it should be much better.

Ah alas, the movers are only moving the big things, we have to move all of the small things. At least, that's my understanding. BH and SB have been making trips back and forth throughout the week, taking loads of small items with them on each trip.

11:54 a.m., Sunday the 5th

The internet was actually switched over yesterday, which worked out better than the day before would have. That process went smoother than I had expected.

The biggest problem now is that there's a whole bunch of things we can't put away because the painters are going to be here later this week. Oh and while the movers were moving our stuff, they damaged the desk I use for my computer. Right now the desk is limping along, the legs that tore off are now just kind of propping the desk up on that side. Later today SB and I will go out to get some epoxy to fix it with. But we can't go right now because we are waiting for some guys to come over with a new dishwasher for us.

In the meantime, we now officially live in this new house. It feels like our house now, even though a lot of stuff is up in the air.

Congrats on the move! I'm sure you'll enjoy the new house a lot.

Sorry to hear about the damaged desk. Can the repair cost be covered by the moving company's insurance?

4:41 p.m., Monday the 6th

The movers (and I imagine they do have insurance for this sort of thing) will reimburse us for the desk -- or they will replace it with a new one, it sounds like they'll let us decide. Of course it's been a couple of days and we haven't heard back from them. Or perhaps they're waiting for us to contact them? or they'll just credit our account by default? I'm not sure.

A lot of stuff will be happening here for the next month or two. Yesterday was actually when they replaced the washer and dryer; today is when the dishwasher was replaced. The washer is actually too big for a regular hookup, and we can't close the door on it right now. We do have a special short hookup that will solve that problem, but it is packed away somewhere and let's just say we're not feeling like digging for it at the moment. The biggest deal right now is the painting, which will start on Wednesday or Thursday and will take two or three days, and involve a lot of inconvenient (putting it mildly) moving of things. The work that remains to be done on our electric hardware is probably the second-biggest deal.

4:34 p.m., Tuesday the 7th

Okay oops, it wasn't the washer that stuck out too far it was the dryer. The vent at the back of the dryer is too big, we need to replace it with a special short vent.

I guess the painters are coming over tomorrow at 7:00 a.m.; I'll be getting up way earlier than I usually do. I was stressing about the painting and other move-related things, and SB got a leedle bit pissed with me. I don't mean to be a complainer, it's just that I'm a worrier.

Back