Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

1:04 p.m., Wednesday the 22nd

It looks like today's high was actually 75°, and we had rain in the morning. I have turned the ceiling fan off in my room, and left my light on. And the highs for the next week are predicted to peak out in the mid-80's. No 90's. All in all a pretty good deal. There's even some more rain in the forecast.

2:35 p.m., Thursday the 23rd

I played another bot game yesterday, I think the bot's name was David. I won but wow, what a painful, awful game. He kicked my ass until the very end. I don't know what's happening to me, I was playing 1500-point bots and winning, now I can barely win against any 1400-point bots. I feel so burned out on the whole thing, I dread every bot game I play, and just want to lose and get it over with as quickly as possible. Yesterday's game was not quick like that, it was dragged out and took about an hour and a half. Not fun.

3:10 p.m., Friday the 24th

I'm off to a late start today, but the forum isn't very busy, so maybe I'll have enough extra time to play another bot game ... yay?

So one of the few bad things about this house is that we have roaches. I saw three today ... or maybe I just saw one, and it got around really fast. Sigh. And I don't have the stomach to kill a bug -- in most cases. Okay maybe if it was an assassin spider ...

I hate both roaches and spiders. There were often roaches in our previous apartment. Now there are hardly any roaches, but spiders are much more common. 😠

12:52 p.m., Saturday the 25th

Spiders are actually innocuous 99% of the time, insects are more often the problem, and spiders eat the insects. However, spiders are also uber-creepy. Except for jumping spiders, they're okay.

I saw "the one roach" a fourth time yesterday, since then it has vanished. I don't know what was going on yesterday, for weeks before that I didn't see any roaches, at least none that were alive and active. All of a sudden four sightings? What's up with that.

I would freak out if I saw a Florida roach.

12:56 p.m., Sunday the 26th

The forum is super quiet today, I am afraid that I'll have time to do a bot game. Nooooooo!

We've gotten a lot of rain over the past week or so. It rained again this morning, and rain (with thunder) is also predicted for tomorrow.

1:01 p.m., Tuesday the 28th

I'm thinking Brother-Husband and Snowbunny (and Eddie) are coming home tomorrow, but I'm somewhat confused. The shared calendar seems to indicate that they will have a flight to Denver, and then a flight to San Francisco. Huh? Where's the flight to Albuquerque? Is San Francisco the place where they're going to pick up a puppy?

No new bot games yet. No idea whether there'll be one today.

4:15 p.m., Wednesday the 29th

No there wasn't. As it happened, I got caught up on Facebook about ten minutes before 6:00 p.m., which is when it was time to feed Rainee (and myself). And after that, I (brushed and) turned in.

BH and SB are home, they got home just shy of 2:20 p.m. ... as it turns out the thing about San Francisco was just a fluke, SB is thinking that the plane stopped in Albuquerque and then continued on to San Fran.

SB says that the three of us will eat out tonight. I am supremely looking forward to it.

2:30 p.m., Thursday the 30th

Well we did not eat out. We did however have takeout (DoorDash), which is the next best thing. We had Mexican from a place called, I think Juani? I had a bean burrito (Christmas) with a side of guac. It was good, the guac was especially good.

At 3:00 or 4:00 p.m., a guy will come over to assess what we can get in the way of an A/C unit/heat pump. I don't know what we'll do for dinner.

It seems that near the end of their trip, BH and SB caught a bug of some kind, so I am kind of quarantined as I am the only one who isn't sick (yet). BH tested negative for Covid, SB tested uncertain (a faint line on her test). So much fun.

A faint line was the end of testing positive for me. Any color in the line indicates infection. If it's just a grayish or indent line with no color, then it's inconclusive.

I had a very very faint positive one day then a negative the next at the end of my isolation period when I had covid.

Edited to add: it can vary by brand, but for most I believe the guideline is any reddish/ pink line is positive.

5:05 p.m., Friday the 1st

SB is usually pretty paranoid about even a chance of testing positive, so she is taking precautions. We did have a vet appointment for the animals, it took her a month to get the appointment so she did not want to cancel. She went by herself (with the pets) and wore a mask.

Last night we had TV dinners for dinner, and I guess tonight we are having veggie burgers. Woo hoo?

2:46 p.m., Saturday the 2nd

We did have veggie burgers yesterday, SB cooked 'em up on the small grill we got recently. They weren't bad, despite my attitude. We did have tater tots with them, and I liked that a lot. We also had corn -- three colors. It was pretty good.

Today, we're going to eat out. Finally! BH and SB are feeling better, they're not out of the woods yet but they're getting there. SB has taken a couple more Covid tests. The last one she took was inconclusive, it was a gray line, no red or pink. Okay, both new tests are concluded and they both came up negative. She thinks she has a head cold, or something on that order.

We're going to eat at Monroe's, SB's favorite place, it is really good. 3:30 p.m. is when we leave.

Glad to hear BH and SB are feeling better! 3:30 is so early for dinner though haha.

11:46 a.m., Sunday the 3rd

We met a friend at the restaurant, and he hung out with us at our place after dinner. He goes to bed early (not unlike myself), so that might be why we met for dinner so early. Well, that and, Monroe's wouldn't be so busy at the earlier time. By 5:00 p.m. they are usually packed.

The carpet people will be doing their work here on Tuesday. Sooner than I had anticipated. It will suck, but at least we'll get it over with.

6:48 p.m., Monday the 4th

I played a bot game yesterday and lost -- of course. It's my new thing, I suck at Chess. I guess soon I will have to demote myself to the 1300-point bots. Perhaps after that I can start winning?

Preparations are under way for the carpet people tomorrow. BH is removing a bunch of doors. SB started fixing my computer desk. She added a thin strip of wood, glued on with Gorilla Glue. Then the damaged legs are glued to the strip of wood, and I think maybe SB is also going to screw them in. Right now four clamps are holding it all; the glue should be dry by the time I get up tomorrow. And I'll have to get up really early. 7:30 or 8:00 a.m. is I think when they said they were going to show up.

SB was off today, but BH had to work. SB is at Barn Hunt right now (with Eddie); she said she was going to bring us pizza from Dion's when she gets done (around 8:30 p.m.).

9:01 a.m., Tuesday the 5th

So SB didn't bring home pizza because Dion's (and various other pizza places) was closed for the Fourth. Church's was open, so we had chicken. I'm not big on Church's like SB is, but it was okay. I liked the sides, the mashed potatoes and the cole slaw.

The carpet guys are here now, they arrived maybe fifteen minutes ago, they have commenced their work. Rainee is in a cage in the garage, Eddie is on his leash. SB and I are jammed into the kitchen, this way we don't have to sit in the garage. We can't be stationed on any of the carpet, for obvious reasons.

I feel a little crappy, no doubt from getting up early and moving a bunch of furniture, but I feel better now that I know the job is getting done. Every minute that goes by is one more little part of the job complete.

2:50 p.m., Wednesday the 6th

At a little after 2:00 p.m. yesterday, the carpet guys were done with their work. The new carpet looks good. The old carpet had a smell in a place or two, apparently where the previous owners' pet had gone pee pee and the smell persisted even after the carpet was cleaned. I guess the previous owners passed away, and their kids sold the house (to us).

Today and tomorrow, the air conditioning guys were and will be here, to install central air. It sounds like they are going to remove the swamp cooler, which seems fine. They've left for today, and will be back at 7:00 or 8:00 a.m. tomorrow. So I'm not quite done having my furniture moved around. The fuse box is in my bedroom. So until the A/C job is completely done, my computer and I are in the living room. Sigh, one more day and then me and my stuff can finally return to their desired positions. For heat in the winter I suspect we'll rely on the furnace that we already have -- but don't quote me on that. Sometimes the plan gets tweaked in transit.

Yesterday was a long day for me, so I played another bot game and wouldn't you know it, lost again. I guess for my next move I'll demote myself back to the 1300-point bots. Not sure how low I'll have to go before I start winning some games again. It's depressing, I feel like such a pathetic failure. Tomorrow will be another long day, so, I guess another bot game [shudder].

SB finished fixing my computer desk yesterday. To do that, she needed to buy some screws, so she went out and I went too, we got the screws at our local True Value hardware store; after that we got takeout for dinner at a local Indian restaurant. Really good food, but expensive, we won't be able to do that often.

9:56 a.m., Thursday the 7th

Well the A/C guys have started today's work, they started at about 7:30 a.m., and I guess they've hit some kind of a snag? so they're out getting some special parts? I'm not sure, I was not part of the conversation between them and SB.

I got up at 6:00 a.m., which for me is insane. I've had two cups of coffee and a can of Mountain Dew, but I still feel really crappy. I sure hope the A/C guys finish their work today.

Poor Rainee, she has to be in a cage for a long long time. She's being super good about it. I'm proud of her. Eddie's in a sort of cloth crate; he's been pretty good so far and hasn't barked much (for him).

4:13 p.m., Saturday the 9th

The A/C guys completed their work a little after 4:30 p.m. (on Thursday). Well if I understand right, not completely completed, they have some last detail to do in about a week. The air conditioning seems nice; the swamp cooler only blew air through two ceiling vents; the A/C takes air in through those two vents, and blows cool air through the many floor vents we have throughout the house.

I played a bot game while they were still here, as White versus the Chess engine set at 1300 ... and won, though it wasn't easy. I did manage to promote a pawn fairly early in the game -- an unusual advantage that was crucial in scraping out a victory. In my next game I'll be playing as Black, and I doubt I'll be able to promote a pawn like that.

Yesterday, SB and I did a bunch of errands together, and that pretty much filled most of the day. Today, we are getting some boxes unpacked. I got all my books filed in my two bookcases, which is a relief, none of the books were damaged and as far as I can tell, none are missing.

Back