Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

4:21 p.m., Monday the 8th

The rest of the Utah trip went well, I am back home safe and sound, and Rainee and I have reconnected. She's been sleeping on my bed.

Snowbunny wanted to paint my bathroom cupboards while I was gone, but the job turned out to be more complicated than anticipated, so most of my bathroom stuff is piled in/on boxes and such in my bedroom. Not sure how long it'll be like this.

Brother-Husband's father (like mine) is not doing well at the moment, I guess there is fluid in his lungs, and they are waiting to hear from his heart doctor.

Snowbunny has Barn Hunt tonight and won't get back until 8:00 or 8:30 p.m., so dinner will probably be TV dinners. :(

1:26 p.m., Wednesday the 10th

Yesterday I had a dentist appointment, one of my fillings had worn out and needed to be replaced. This coming Friday I have a nurse appointment, to get the wax out of my ears. Not looking forward to it.

Tonight, SB is planning to put the primer coat of paint on my bathroom cabinets. Don't know if/how that will affect my bedtime. That's all I have to tell you for now.

3:12 p.m., Thursday the 11th

I lost my favorite uncle in 2008, and my siblings and cousins wanted to install a memorial stone on Timpanogos, by far his favorite mountain. They asked me to compose a verse to be engraved on the stone, and I did, but I was going through some personal struggles at the time and it wasn't an easy task. Now, with my father approaching the end of his life, my siblings want to do a second memorial stone for him, as he also loves Timp. So they approached me, with the request to compose a matching verse. I didn't feel I could refuse, but it was a job I kind of dreaded. In the days since that request, I have tried to think up some lame words for my father. It is difficult, because I have had some negative experiences with him, versus the many positive experiences I had with my uncle.

Today I got tired of that job hanging over my head, and decided to create a few text files and just dig in. It wasn't easy, but I was able to compose a verse that pleased me. I sent the verse out to my siblings, and the job is done. It makes me very happy to say that. I suppose now that I've told you that story, I should paste the verses I composed for my father and uncle. I'll just change their names, I'll call my uncle Earl, and I'll call my father Elwood.

---

Earl was here.
Look around.
His soul remains.
When he wasn't farming, he was here.
Hewn from these craggy cliffs,
Rugged, unrefined, down-to-earth,
Teacher, storyteller,
Friend to the friendless,
To statesmen, children, officers, homeless,
All who met him were touched by him.

Our uncle, brother, father, grandfather, husband, and friend,
We miss you, Earl.

---

Elwood was here.
Look around.
His soul remains.
Few loved the mountains as much as he,
Fewer loved Timp as much as he.
He shared his love with his children,
Bringing them here every year,
Dressed in his coveralls,
His garb for milking the cows,
A cheerful visitor among these craggy cliffs.

Our uncle, brother, father, grandfather, husband, and friend,
We miss you, Elwood.

2:10 p.m., Saturday the 13th

SB and I did a bunch of errands yesterday, so I did not get a chance to post here. Also I am starting to play Chess with my younger brother (who will easily crush me), and he is giving me a lot of information about Chess, so that has taken up quite a bit of my time.

One of yesterday's errands was going to a nurse appointment to get my right ear cleaned out. I was dreading it, thinking it was going to be painful, but it really wasn't painful, and hardly took any time. It's nice to be able to hear out of both ears now.

Tonight I, along with BH and SB, will spend some time with Eponine and her partner. We will eat out together at Flying Star, where the egg salad sandwiches are divine and that's what I'll get if I can, then we'll do an escape room. I have never done an escape room, so I am nervous about that part.

Escape rooms are my favorite thing to do! I hope you get a good one!

Looking forward to tonight! My husband and I have done escape rooms twice before, but the most recent one was almost 3 years ago. I think it's a great activity for friends and polycules!

Last edited:
2:10 p.m., Sunday the 14th

I'm not sure what I expected in an escape room, but I don't suppose I was surprised by what I encountered in this one. I didn't make any big contributions to solving the puzzles, but there were five of us and the other four seemed to do well. We did have to get some help right near the very end. Altogether I didn't think it was an unpleasant experience.

It was a fairly challenging one. We spent quite some time trying to figure out the first clue. After that it was just one code after another, kind of hectic at times lol.

I didn't make any big contributions at my first escape room either, but after doing it once, you sort of know what to look for next time. Hope we can try a different room in the future!

6:48 p.m., Monday the 15th

Sure, we can do a different room in the future. It's kind of expensive so we probably won't do it right away, but the time will come. The one we did (the lunar adventure) was rather challenging, I have to agree!

Yeah, it's definitely not something to do frequently. I think a couple times a year tops.

1:17 p.m., Tuesday the 16th

Sounds about right.

2:15 p.m., Wednesday the 17th

In my first Chess game versus my youngest brother (I'll name him Jim), Jim easily defeated me in the opening. I'm on my second game versus Jim, and I've lived through the opening, but I've just spotted a critical weakness, after I made my move. If I saw it now, Jim surely saw it before now, and I will probably lose a knight and a bishop for one knight. Sigh.

1:17 p.m., Sunday the 21st

I got past that particular crisis, but made at least one major mistake after that. Still I'm surprised that I stayed alive long enough to make it into the endgame. I'll probably still lose, but I always expected that to happen.

SB and I went shopping yesterday, something I always enjoy. We went to the one Albertsons, the one closest to our house, the one that has drinky-drinks, and SB let me pick out a bottle of port. I had half of that yesterday, and am just about done with the other half today. (I guess I win a prize?)

4:00 p.m., Monday the 22nd

I'm extra stressed today, maybe it's because of Jim kicking my ass in game after game. He wants me to learn more about tactics -- playing puzzles and identifying the tactics -- but I just don't have the heart for it (much less the time). I'd rather he taught me directly.

We had pizza from Pizza 9 for dinner last night. BH and I liked it; SB didn't care for it so much. SB is going to prepare swordfish steaks for us tonight; but she also has Barn Hunt.

12:03 p.m., Tuesday the 23rd

Change of plans -- I think we are having the swordfish tonight. SB got BH and me Subway -- and herself Korean. I got a tuna sub.

I did a bad blunder early in the opening in my last game with Jim -- and I think he felt sorry for me. He offered me a draw, then offered to play the same moves in a new game, minus my blunder. I appreciated that.

1:22 p.m., Wednesday the 24th

I think Rainee may be sick. She had some crying spells during the night, had a BM on the carpet a few hours ago, and has thrown up a number of times. She seems to be feeling better at the moment, but is hunkered down under my bed and that's an unusual spot for her. I don't know whether we're going to take her to the vet, for the moment I guess we're just waiting to see if this blows over.

Hope it's nothing serious!

1:24 p.m., Thursday the 25th

Thanks -- she seems to be doing better for the moment. I just hope her bowels aren't blocked up. She didn't eat all of her dinner last night, which for her is astounding, but SB put extra water in it, and Rainee drank all of that.

SB is doing some painting in my bathroom. It should be dry by late tonight, but it is going to need another coat.

We finally got our new TV set up, a few days ago, and BH and I have watched the first two episodes (and counting) of Stranger Things Season Four.

5:47 p.m., Saturday the 27th

SB and I went to get our hair cut today. The barber's name is Tessa; she just opened up her own shop, and SB really likes her from where she worked for the family business. She's very nice, has a lot to say, and knows what she's doing (she's been doing hair professionally for like, ten years). She's a keeper.

After that, we ate lunch at the Yeller Sub (pretty much in the same parking lot). Then SB went and got a student massage, while I read from my book (on the Crusades) in the car. Then we went to Total Wine and got a few things; I got a nice bottle of tawny port. Yesterday, we went to a sushi place for dinner -- the price was quite low for sushi, and the sushi was quite good. After dinner, we stopped at Kelly Liquor and got a few things; I got a nice bottle of Fireball cinnamon whisky. Tomorrow, BH and SB are going on a road trip with the friend of ours that used to be BH's coworker. So, I guess the onus is on me to have a party ...

We've been hitting the liquor stores because BH wants some Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale (also known as Harvest Moon and as Harvest Pumpkin Ale), but we can't seem to find it. Sad for BH, but works out well for me.

Dinner will probably be later than usual tonight; SB was thinking she'd order pizza. Rainee seems to be feeling better. This morning when I cleaned her litter box, I found that she had had a regular BM in it. So that's a good sign. Also she ate all of her dinner yesterday.

Back