Learning about poly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca

Hi everyone! I'm excited to find this forum! I've been involved in poly in various ways over the years, though I feel like I'm still just learning. In my professional life, I'm a professor of anthropology and a psychotherapist, and I'm interested in polyamory from those angles as well. I look forward to exchanging thoughts and ideas with everyone! If you would be willing to talk with me about your experiences with poly for my anthropology work (with identities kept confidential), please let me know! You can read more about me at www.rebeccalester.com if curious.

Greetings Rebecca,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

We are all newbies when it comes to polyamory. There is so much to learn. I would like to exchange thoughts and ideas with you. You can read more about me at https://polyamory.com/threads/kevins-hetero-mfm-poly-fi-v.68427/#post-257039 if curious.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

welcome to the forum, Rebecca.

I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. I do not currently have a private practice but I did have one previously in San Fransico working with LGBT+, Poly and Kinky. I hope one day to get back to having a private practice again. I would love to chat about my personal experiences and my experiences with clients if you're interested.

Hi everyone! I'm excited to find this forum! I've been involved in poly in various ways over the years, though I feel like I'm still just learning. In my professional life, I'm a professor of anthropology and a psychotherapist, and I'm interested in polyamory from those angles as well. I look forward to exchanging thoughts and ideas with everyone! If you would be willing to talk with me about your experiences with poly for my anthropology work (with identities kept confidential), please let me know! You can read more about me at www.rebeccalester.com if curious.
Hi, I am a moderator and I've been on this board for over a decade. We get a lot of requests, from grad students, mostly, for us to answer questions about our experiences as polyamorists. Why not start a thread in Fireplace asking some of your questions? That might get you quicker results than asking for people to PM you one by one.

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your replies! I can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone's willingness to helping me learn. I will reach out individually to those of you who said you'd be open to speaking with me further. Thank you again!

Rebecca

I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist. I do not currently have a private practice but I did have one previously in San Fransico working with LGBT+, Poly and Kinky. I hope one day to get back to having a private practice again. I would love to chat about my personal experiences and my experiences with clients if you're interested.
Hello! That would be amazing--I'd love to hear about your experiences! What would be the best way to connect?

Rebecca

Hi, I am a moderator and I've been on this board for over a decade. We get a lot of requests, from grad students, mostly, for us to answer questions about our experiences as polyamorists. Why not start a thread in Fireplace asking some of your questions? That might get you quicker results than asking for people to PM you one by one.
HI Magdlyn,

Thank you! Forgive my ignorance, but what is Fireplace?

Rebecca

Greetings Rebecca,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

We are all newbies when it comes to polyamory. There is so much to learn. I would like to exchange thoughts and ideas with you. You can read more about me at https://polyamory.com/threads/kevins-hetero-mfm-poly-fi-v.68427/#post-257039 if curious.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Thanks so much, Kevin! I'd love to talk more with you about this. What's the best way to connect?

Rebecca

Welcome :)

Re (from Rebecca):
"Forgive my ignorance, but what is Fireplace?"

The Fireplace is one of our boards. Right now (in this thread) we are in the Introductions board. The Fireplace board is for miscellaneous topics. To go there, click on https://polyamory.com/forums/fireplace.21/

Another board you may want to try is General Poly Discussions. To go there, click on https://polyamory.com/forums/general-poly-discussions.2/

Re (from Rebecca):
"Thanks so much, Kevin! I'd love to talk more with you about this. What's the best way to connect?"

If you want to message me privately you can do it here, click on https://polyamory.com/conversations/add?to=kdt26417

Alternatively, I would be happy to discuss anything publicly if you so prefer. Just call me by name and let me know what you want to discuss, either here on this thread, or on a new thread on one of the boards mentioned above.

HI Magdlyn,

Thank you! Forgive my ignorance, but what is Fireplace?

Rebecca
Check out the individual sections of our board by clicking on Forums. One section is called Fireplace. It is for general conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back