My real intro

Nowhereman

I've been reading and writing here for months, but I never made an introductory post - so now I'll fix it.

Gender: I was sure I was cisgender male for most of my life. But now I suppose to be genderfluid.
Sexuality: I was sure I was heterosexual. But now I think I'm bisexual - I felt sexual attraction to men a few times. But I still didn't have sexual rels with men.
Relationship status: Single.
Open to: Virtual connections (text, audio, or video), friendship, open relationships, and group relationships.
Children: None, but ready to have in the future (including children from previous relationships of my partners).
Pets: None, and don't ready to have any.
Tobacco: No!
Drugs: No!
Alcohol: Socially.
Religion: Agnostic for now. Some changes are possible in the future - but definitely not one of the Abrahamic religions.
Politics: Don't believe any politicians. But vote for liberals.
Body type: fat; working on being more sporty - but only in the beginning of this way.
Tattoos and piercings: None. Completely against it for myself. I could accept it with my partner, though.
Profession: Software Engineer, IT Journalist, Math and IT teacher.
Hobbies: guitar playing, singing, hiking.
Music: Last years mostly Ukrainian folk and traditional. Rock, reggae, blues, jazz, and classical are also ok.
Neurodivergency: Self-diagnosed autistic.

Last edited:
"Rock"
BTW, I totally disrespect Elvis as "king of rock'n'roll". He became one only for being white. And the real king of rock'n'roll was Chuck Berry!

Greetings Nowhereman,
Welcome to our forum, this time it's official. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Thanks for sharing your personal info, to share a bit of my own, I am atheist, one of my older brothers is agnostic, and one of my younger brothers is "apathetic agnostic" (doesn't know, and doesn't particularly care). I basically always vote liberal/Democrat.

I like your assertion that Chuck Berry was the real king of rock-n-roll. I hope to read more of your posts!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

I'm a math nerd, so always happy to see someone whose profession (or hobby) involves math!

I suck at math, but I like it.

By the way, I recently posted a few links to modern Ukrainian music. One song is in Qyrymly's (Crimean-Tatar's) language, and the rest are in Ukrainian.

Does Qyrymly mean Crimean, as anglicized?

I watched/listened to a few of the links you posted to modern Ukrainian music. I liked
-- I liked how it turned out to be two women at the end. I thought
almost sounded like French. Though I am terrible at recognizing/handling languages.

All in all an interesting/enjoyable variety of music (e.g.
-- the one by Mad Heads). In touch with modern music throughout the world, while still being uniquely Ukrainian. Thanks for sharing.

Does Qyrymly mean Crimean, as anglicized?
Qyrymly is a native word for the Crimean-Tatarian (nation, culture, language) in their own language.

Qyrymly is the only native nation of Crimea. They hope to return to their motherland when it's free from Russian occupants. They and we (ethnical Ukrainians) hope for Crimea to become a Crimean-Tatarian autonomic national republic inside Ukraine.

I liked how it turned out to be two women at the end.
This song and video felt very nostalgic for me when I saw/heard them for the first time. I just moved to Israel from Lviv (the biggest city in western Ukraine), where I lived in an open triad with two bi girls. One of them moved to LA, CA, a bit earlier. And one - to Montreal, Quebec, the same day as me. The music video was made in Lviv - including our favorite streets and places. And the girls in the video look so similar to my exes! The first dozens of times watching it, I was crying non-stop! Here's a translation of the first verse of the song:

When I'm with you, it's raining in the desert,
Clowns are amusing; the news is good and cheerful,
In the summer's heat, it's snowing,
Flowers blossom in the winter,
When I'm with you, I-I'm
Falling into the sky,
I'm falling into the sky!

I thought [...] almost sounded like French. Though I am terrible at recognizing/handling languages.
It's interesting. ) Maybe it's an accordion? I think the accordion's sounding reminds me of my 20-years-ago month in Paris somehow. )

All in all an interesting/enjoyable variety of music (e.g. [...] -- the one by Mad Heads). In touch with modern music throughout the world, while still being uniquely Ukrainian. Thanks for sharing.
This song's text is relatively primitive:

When hands fell
When it got dark in the eyes
You don't know how to proceed
What to hope for, at least.

You can't; you don't believe; you don't know
You have nowhere to run
And they say - there are no miracles
But you have to find it for yourself.

As long as the sun shines, as long as the water flows
There is hope.
Trouble passes; just believe in it.
There is hope.

But it appeared to be life-saving to some people, maybe because of its upbeat melody. One friend of my friends said the song helped her to get rid of depression after her parent's death. Another one was listening to it to "return to life" (she called it so) after returning from the front line four months ago.

Interesting info about those songs. I feel kind of bad that your triad broke up (although I know "broke up" probably isn't quite the right word).

Interesting info about those songs. I feel kind of bad that your triad broke up (although I know "broke up" probably isn't quite the right word).
No need to feel bad. Yes, we needed to move to three different countries - but it was our voluntary decision. One of my gfs moved to apply for her scholarship at California Univ. Second moved to her parents and grandparents, with whom she separated at 14. And I decided to move to Israel because my closest relatives - siblings and mother - moved here. So none of us could stay in Lviv or join others in their migration. We needed to accept it.

And ok, if I started to be open - I'll open completely. Adele - the girl who moved to Montreal - had a false-positive pregnancy test there. That's why I was crying about the three of us not being able to live together. When we knew the test was false - it became much easier to accept.

Yeah, I can see how a positive pregnancy test could complicate things. How long ago was this (if you don't mind my asking)?

Yeah, I can see how a positive pregnancy test could complicate things. How long ago was this (if you don't mind my asking)?
It was 3.5 years ago when I came to Israel first time to obtain citizenship, and she moved to Canada. It was only a few days before she did her second test - and it appeared the first one was false. But that were incredibly tough days for me. I didn't want to move to Canada - but even more, I didn't want my child to grow up without a father. So when I heard the test was false, it was a pity on one hand (I always wanted to have children) - but at the same time, it was a huge relief.

Last edited:
Yeah, that would have been a sad situation to say the least, if that had been a true positive. I used to think I wanted children, but more recently, I went and got a vasectomy.

I still want to have children in the future - if I meet a woman (women?) who wants to get pregnant with me and give birth. If not - I can accept it. But I still keep hope.

I'm sure the right time (and situation) will arise eventually.

Back