New couple getting started in the wonderful world of Polyamory

seggsyfun

Hello friends. My wife and I recently admitted to each other that we are both polyamorous. We have been doing lots of deep communicating which has brought us even closer in our strong relationship. We have talked through scenarios, dating, friends with benefits among others.

A question for those who are experienced in this lifestyle, what is the best way to find other people to date and be friends with? Is the Feeld app good? Should we register with a more swinger-centric site like Kasadie.com? Any other suggestions would be welcomed as well. Thank you so much.

In person :)

Honestly, dating apps and websites are pretty terrible for meeting people. Go meet people who already share your interests, or go find some new interests that have actual get togethers (meeting all pandemic safety guidelines). Ren Faires, kink, table top/board games groups, honestly, whatever rings your bell. Hint: go separately.

Greetings seggsyfun,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.
Here are the poly-friendly dating sites that I know of:
I have tried OKCupid and PolyMatchMaker, both were good at the time, but that was quite awhile ago.

Going to events where you can meet people in person is generally the better way to go. There may even be a poly group local to you that meets up on a monthly basis. Google "polyamory" with the name of your state, or nearest major city, and see what turns up.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

I agree that in-person events may be good, but I have met all my long term partners on dating sites. I have had dozens of duds, of course. There's a LOT of chaff compared to wheat. But I've had a solid 6 or so long-term relationships from meeting people on OK Cupid and Fetlife. I've also made platonic friends at both places. OKC has gone downhill. It's become awkward in its matching system. I've done better on Fetlife in recent years. Both apps/sites let you write (and read) detailed profiles. Fetlife allows nudity.

I am not familiar with the ones you mention. I have heard that Pure is open to people in unconventional relationships. (This advice comes from a gay male polyamorous kinky couple on YouTube who are sex educators [Watts Your Safeword]). Their subscribers are poly, swingers, queer, and straight.

Back