Penny's Blog

I know homeschooling isn't easy but wouldn't that be more flexible than going with her to school every day? Wouldn't homeschooling offer at least some window of opportunity to write during the day?

Definitely a HELL of a lot more flexible.
I've got one in public school and one homeschooled currently. It's DEFINITELY more flexible with the one who is homeschooled.

Mind you-we have a LOT more support here than any other state in the U.S. for homeschoolers, but it's been a godsend in more ways than one way too often!

I have serious gay crushes on you gals. Thought you might enjoy hearing that. I have been on the iPad the hubby bought me almost exclusively, which is harder to type on, otherwise I'd have updated this with stories of super sexy fun times, but I am too anal about typos to do it on this device.

If I find the time, I want to write you each love letters here.

I am pan-romantic. Y'all are lovely ladies and I'm all twitterpated by you.

Hope I fine some time alone with my laptop so I can communicate more in depth. Busy couple of weeks.

I have serious gay crushes on you gals. Thought you might enjoy hearing that. I have been on the iPad the hubby bought me almost exclusively, which is harder to type on, otherwise I'd have updated this with stories of super sexy fun times, but I am too anal about typos to do it on this device.

If I find the time, I want to write you each love letters here.

I am pan-romantic. Y'all are lovely ladies and I'm all twitterpated by you.

Hope I fine some time alone with my laptop so I can communicate more in depth. Busy couple of weeks.

I have an iPad and love it! You'll get the hang of the keyboard if you spend some time on it. The only pain in the arse is reviewing a big long post! :D

I am trained enough on an old school typewriter that I find it really, really hard not to rest my fingers on the keys to orient them. I have a very high typing speed on a regular keyboard as a result, but suck at these new-fangled devices.

That being said, it is awesome to be my age because I think I have a greater sense of wonder at the new tech than kids do. You, TP, are a kid in my book, though a grown-up for life-conversational/wisdom purposes.

My husband is close to your age (he's 28), and all my friends are significantly younger than I am. They are also almost all men.

I had a female friend who was my age, but she wanted to get sexually involved with me and, though I was attracted to her, her husband wasn't on board, and I can't do that. I am naturally super-ethical.

I can't not be ethical. It's like some weird wiring thing. I will be sick for weeks if I am unethical according to my own rather rigid standards. It makes me feel so squicky and anxious, I cannot handle it.

Anyhow, she told her husband, and he freaked, and our friendship ended. She was my closest girlfriend and she promise that her attraction to me would never interfere with the friendship...

I think I am not bi because I have trust issues with women. But women are so lovely.

I still mourn her leaving my life. We were friends for almost a decade.

This is not something I've managed to sort through yet. The people who have hurt me most have been women, so I think I am not bisexual because of trust issues with women, though I am strongly attracted to them.

I am yearning for woman friends, but have been stung so often, I trust men so much more easily. They are (please pardon the sexism) generally so much simpler and easy to figure out.

Ontario is not far away. I do not have the new passport, but if you come to Buffalo, I will buy you dinner and drinks.

I sent you a PM. You are the first person I felt a real connection with, though there are other awesome women here I'd love to get to know.

If you ever want to visit, I'll totally treat you.

Okay, parts of Ontario aren't far away. Still, I live within walking distance of the Peace Bridge.

I love Canada and am thinking of relocating there someday.

I am trained enough on an old school typewriter that I find it really, really hard not to rest my fingers on the keys to orient them. I have a very high typing speed on a regular keyboard as a result, but suck at these new-fangled devices.

Right there with you. I read the board from my iphone a lot (can you say small), but forget trying to post. Apple does have a keyboard that you can use with the ipad (pre-requisite if I'm ever lucky enough to get one).

My husband is close to your age (he's 28)

You and your husband are the same age difference as my Aunt and Uncle (she'll be 74 this year, they've been married nearly 37 years) :eek:

I am yearning for woman friends

Me too. If you ever come to Los Angeles, let me know (that goes for anybody here).

Last edited:
It is also amazing to read that hubby and I are not the only nerds around the forums! We play tabletop RPG’s...

I met Sweetheart through gaming. There is actually amazing amount of nerds/nerdees involved in poly/BDSM/both. I'm guessing it has something to do with early on realizing that not fitting in with the crowd doesn't really kill you, so you become more open to exploring other cultures outside of the mainstream, too.

You wouldn't happen to be bi, would you? :D

Ditto! Penny, your pics are hot. Seriously. (And you can for example move them to your profile page and from there control the privacy settings, if it makes you nervous to have them out here in the open.)

The vast majority of people don't want to hear about Helena von Helen...

I am super-touchy on who I share my gaming with. It's an intimate part of my existence, a bit like sharing my writing with people which I don't do unless huge amount of trust is already in place. And I think part of it is the feeling of 'naw, they are not going to be interested/will be weirded out and I'll be unnecessarily hurt because this is such a big sensitive part of who I am and what makes me tick'.

With Sweetheart we can totally discuss our PCs and strategy and longterm plans with appropriate parental pride. He understands what character loss can feel like, especially if it comes before I feel I have completed the narrative arch for that PC. And he's good for discussing setting and mechanics, too!

My gaming group is like an extended family.

Yep, and I sure spend more time with mine than with many members of my blood family.

Back