Please be honest!

Wildfor3

I was searching for places to hopefully actually meet couples where we would make a good fit for an open 3-way relationship. I started looking for places that were poly and found this. I like it here so far. There is a lot of good information. Am I in the wrong place for actually meeting others? I was on a "lifestyle" site and liked it because everyone was verified, but I got hounded by single guys and people who were not a right fit for something closer to a poly relationship. Do you think polyamory.com is a place where I can actually find what I am looking for? I know this might sound dumb, but it's a real question.

Scroll down to Dating and Friendships and choose your area. I cannot say if it’s good or bad, but where I’ve seen your posts (poly discussions, introductions, poly relationships), isn’t really the right place to post a dating profile. I hope this helps

Scroll down to Dating and Friendships and choose your area. I cannot say if it’s good or bad, but where I’ve seen your posts (poly discussions, introductions, poly relationships), isn’t really the right place to post a dating profile. I hope this helps
Thanks Bobbi. I appreciate the feedback.

I was searching for places to hopefully actually meet couples where we would make a good fit for a open 3 way relationship. I started looking for places that were poly and found this. I like it here so far and there is a lot of good information. Am I in the wrong place for actually meeting others? I was on a "lifestyle" site and liked it because everyone was verified but I got hounded by single guys and people who were not a right fit for something closer to a poly relationship. Do you think Polyamory is a place where I can actually find what I am looking for? I know this might sound dumb but it's a real question.
This site is more for the purpose of discussion and socializing.

Your title says "please be honest", so you might find the information in the following thread useful:

That said, there have been numerous cases of people meeting on this forum and starting real-life relationships (both as partners and as just friends), but that usually happens by hanging around and participating in the discussion threads. We truly don't know if anyone ever has success with the Dating and Friendships section of the forum. It is possible that there is some activity there that we're not aware of because it takes place in private messages. As a moderator, I don't have access to that kind of statistic.

I hope you find this site helpful, however you decide to use it.

This site is more for the purpose of discussion and socializing.

Your title says "please be honest", so you might find the information in the following thread useful:

That said, there have been numerous cases of people meeting on this forum and starting real-life relationships (both as partners and as just friends), but that usually happens by hanging around and participating in the discussion threads. We truly don't know if anyone ever has success with the Dating and Friendships section of the forum. It is possible that there is some activity there that we're not aware of because it takes place in private messages. As a moderator, I don't have access to that kind of statistic.

I hope you find this site helpful, however you decide to use it.
Thanks for that reply! It totally makes sense to me. No matter what this site has a lot of good information.....and so far it seems like a lot of friendly people are here. I like that! I hope I can contribute in some small way for now.

I don't know which "lifestyle" board you were on. Maybe it was Fetlife. I am sure you get dozens/hundreds of messages from all kinds of random men. It can get very tiring to separate the wheat from the chaff, but it is possible. I've dated a few guys from there for decent periods of time.

I met my current bf Aries on Fetlife too. We just messaged as friends for about 2 years during the pandemic, flirting mildly. We were in the same town! Once we could get vaccinated, we met, and the rest is history. We just celebrated our 2 year anniversary last month. He's a keeper. We get along great.

I'd given up on trying to find a real bf on dating sites in 2019, though, because I'd just gotten burnt out. But Aries just sort of happened along when I wasn't actively looking anymore.

I met my gf Pixi on OK Cupid 14 years ago, while being hit on by dozens/hundreds of guys. But OKC isn't what it used to be.

Pixi also met her bf of 8 years on a BDSM site (which is no longer active). He's also local to us.

Aries has met a few nice poly women on Feeld over the past couple of years. Two or three of them have become regular dating partners, more like FWBs, so far.

Hello Wildfor3,

Polyamory.com does have a dating section, but it doesn't yield many results. You might want to try Feeld, it has a better reputation for that sort of thing.

Regards,
Kevin T.

Back