Returning to the poly scene after 6 years.P.E.I. Canada

islandDom85

Hi everyone 🙂. I'm new to this site but not new to the lifestyle I figured I would introduce myself. I'm from a small island in Atlantic Canada called Prince Edward Island I've spent the last 17 years as a dominant / master in the BDSM community and spent an additional 12 years during that time in poly relationships. I've just come out of hibernation from not being in a poly relationship for the last 6 years and I'm very interested in getting back into the swing of things. If anybody knows what Prince Edward Island is like it's very small lol so it can make meeting people that are into the same lifestyle very very difficult. Previous poly relationship the reason I ended it was I found it there was more going on than what met the eye it turned out the person who was involved with me and the other partner was living a double life and figured being dubbed Polly was a get out of jail free card until they got caught by their spouse , unfortunately me and the other woman I was with developed pretty good ties with this person which made it harder when we went out seperate ways , eventually the girl I was with couldn't handle being just with me anymore as it's hard to find people into poly and decided to go her own way. So there is my info, now about me I guess I've been pretty easy going and love communicating and chatting with new people and experiencing new things and stories if anybody is interested in chatting I would definitely be up for that 🙂

Last edited:
Greetings islandDom85,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it sounds like you had two partners, and then you broke up first with one partner (owing to their other partner leading a double life) and then with the other partner. And right now you're single, am I reading that right? If so, I hope you can find a couple of new partners. I hear you when you say your island is small and it is hard to find poly-friendly people.

Polyamory.com is a friendly place, you should be able to find people here to chat and converse with. I am available for conversation either on this thread (and other threads) or, if you prefer, via our private messaging system. I'm glad you're with us in any case, it sounds like you have a good amount of experience. Welcome!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi there.

PEI is somewhere I'd love to visit one day, just because of Anne of Green Gables.
I also live somewhere very small, but that's why I enjoy this community so much.
Welcome!

Evie

Greetings islandDom85,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it sounds like you had two partners, and then you broke up first with one partner (owing to their other partner leading a double life) and then with the other partner. And right now you're single, am I reading that right? If so, I hope you can find a couple of new partners. I hear you when you say your island is small and it is hard to find poly-friendly people.

Polyamory.com is a friendly place, you should be able to find people here to chat and converse with. I am available for conversation either on this thread (and other threads) or, if you prefer, via our private messaging system. I'm glad you're with us in any case, it sounds like you have a good amount of experience. Welcome!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard.
Thanks for the reply. You definitely hit the nail on the head , it will be nice to someday find someone but by joining this site I figured I may gain some new experiences to hear and share and friends along the way 🙂

Hi there.

PEI is somewhere I'd love to visit one day, just because of Anne of Green Gables.
I also live somewhere very small, but that's why I enjoy this community so much.
Welcome!

Evie
Thank-you for the reply , it's very beautiful here especially in the mid summer and fall definitely worth checking into once the price of flights goes down 🙂

I had the luck to spend so much time in Eastern Canada as a kid! I grew up in NY State, but my parents, being school teachers, had summers off, and we went camping every summer. I well remember PEI. Just adorable. We also went to Nova Scotia several times, and even Newfoundland, which in the early '70s was very isolated and rustic. Of course we spent time in Ontario and Quebec as well.

Evie, we visited the Anne of Green Gables House in Cavendish! I was just the right age at the time, too. <3

All that said, yeah, it's hard to find and date alternative people in out-of-the-way small towns. Luckily for me, I live in the Boston Metro West area. You can pick the lefty freaks off the trees. lol

I'd recommend dating each person as an individual. Trying to be in a threeway relationship and do the group sex thing is way too complicated. I've had much better luck dating one on one, but multiple people at once.

I had the luck to spend so much time in Eastern Canada as a kid! I grew up in NY State, but my parents, being school teachers, had summers off, and we went camping every summer. I well remember PEI. Just adorable. We also went to Nova Scotia several times, and even Newfoundland, which in the early '70s was very isolated and rustic. Of course we spent time in Ontario and Quebec as well.

Evie, we visited the Anne of Green Gables House in Cavendish! I was just the right age at the time, too. <3

All that said, yeah, it's hard to find and date alternative people in out-of-the-way small towns. Luckily for me, I live in the Boston Metro West area. You can pick the lefty freaks off the trees. lol

I'd recommend dating each person as an individual. Trying to be in a threeway relationship and do the group sex thing is way too complicated. I've had much better luck dating one on one, but multiple people at once.

It's definitely a beautiful spot and a few hidden gems along the way. I had lived in Abington MA for 4 years working with a family members business and absolutely loved the US, I try to go visiting as much as I can , Infact prior to covid I had planned a road trip to Arizona but then when the restrictions got tighter I had to put it on the back burner. I've been thinking the one on one dating as well as there's not too many options in the Maritimes lol. It took me almost 4 years to find a true submissive a long time ago but the wait can be rewarding 🙂

Hi there.

Welcome!

Evie
It's very beautiful here in the Summer and Fall. Lots of good local hospitality and foods. If you're ever this way don't be scared to give me a shout I'd definitely show you what it has to offer here. There's also some nice beaches and trails

PEI sounds like a beautiful place (whatever its limitations).

Back