Role Playing Games

So, are most of these online games? I know WoW is. I hate to pay monthly fees for games. :D and if my schedule interrupts that, then I'm dishing out the cash for nothing. Maybe why I enjoy the stand-alone games more...I'm too cheap. :cool:

My sister already finished DragonAge...says it went really well, it's just a bit confusing how to pursue certain bits of info and add ons in the game.

I look forward to having something of my own to report. Fingers crossed.

Avidly GM'd a BUNCH of D&D back in the day. I miss 2nd edition :( . I then found myself hooked on Rolemaster/MERP quickly, so started running it a lot. The only online I took the time to play, and get quickly addicted to, used the old Rolemaster combat engine and the Shadow World setting, and was called Gemstone III, text based but had a good front end. Had to quit that as it was waaaaay too addictive. Other than that about the only other table top games I played was Advanced Squad Leader...I decided to learn that system instead of SFB. Way back when I remember thinking that might have been a mistake. And Windmark was one of the few characters I got to play since I almost always ran campaigns. That and the nickname weaselbob sorta stuck from college days, and I even liked weasel so much I got stupid back then and tattooed it on my arm.

Later!

WeaselBob

My husband, I and my two oldest kids play WoW. We are huge fans of Oblivion, and I will admit under duress that I am a Zelda addict :eek:.

My husband, I and my two oldest kids play WoW. We are huge fans of Oblivion, and I will admit under duress that I am a Zelda addict :eek:.

Oblivion was very cool. Morrowwind is my all time fav for that genre.

Yeppers

So, are most of these online games? I know WoW is. I hate to pay monthly fees for games. :D and if my schedule interrupts that, then I'm dishing out the cash for nothing. Maybe why I enjoy the stand-alone games more...I'm too cheap. :cool:

My sister already finished DragonAge...says it went really well, it's just a bit confusing how to pursue certain bits of info and add ons in the game.

I look forward to having something of my own to report. Fingers crossed.

Yep most online games are PaytoPlay (PtP). The one my son-in-law plays is FreetoPlay (FtP) that's "Guild Wars".

Trisha and I are in the closing week of the "Alganon" Beta and it goes PtP on Dec 1st.

Whatever everyone is playing or playing with (wicked grin) I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving and a Happy Yule Season.

Just Me,
Tim

I recently decided to try to find a new MMORPG to play. I may wait for one in development to come out. The new Star Wars game has gotten some very good reviews. Star Trek Online looks intresting as well. And Jumpgate Evolution seems like it could be fun. But the fantasy side of me is leaning toward Mortal Online. I guess I need to read some more reviews.

liapsExiple, there are some collectables in several computer RPGs. Sometimes it is just collecting the best gear. Sometimes it is collecting a series of books inside a game (like Fallen Earth). Sometimes is is just unlocking an achievement or collecting badges (like City of Heroes). It depends on how central to the game do you want collection to be and how unique the collectaable things will be.

I like dnd, silent hill, resident evil, runescape, and final fantasy
Hubby likes war games, shooting games, resident evil, and racing games

I rarely play games but baby-oh-baby! I am wanting Diablo 3 something fierce!

I heard about it just after Blizzard announced it & finally got to see the MOST awesome demo of it last night! I think I'm going to have to reinstall Diablo 2 and bone up on things just so I don't feel like such a fool when it does finally come out!

I do occasionally play DDO & thoroughly enjoyed my trial of LOTR.

Breathes & Possibility are currently doing a D&D 4th ed campaign with one of Possibility's primaries being DM.

So many gamers! *squee!*

I'll have to pass this on to DH - he does RPGs every Friday night with his friends. Sometimes just D&D, sometimes others. I'll have to ask what all they're playing now.

No WoW here, but at the moment he's wrapped up in Starcraft 2. :)

Reinstalled my Diablo last night! WOOT. DDO as well, lol. That's what happens when you have to blast your computer :(, you have to reinstall everything *sigh*

Just read about the geeking out over meeting designers. Heh. When I first joined the industry mailing list years ago, it was a total geekfest for me--most of the folks who'd written the games I loved were involved in the same discussions I was! Got to meet many of them in person along the line.

Heck, it'd long been a dream to work with Gary Gygax and I got to do that. He was always grouchy about the editing (and the layout crew managed to pick up a virus that turned parts of text files into work salad during the project), yet I wouldn't trade that experience for anything.

Hmm. I should finish the working draft of the current game to get it in testing. Getting the urge to play again.

I do Live Roleplay, play D&D and am currently GMing WFRP 2nd Ed. Occasionally I play WoW, but only when I have the money.

Gamers!!

I play RPGs all the time, currently I'm playing alot on my psp. I'm playing Phantasy Star Portable (I LOVED Phantasy Star Online 1&2, and Phantasy Star Universe) and am playing a game called Lunar. Outside of RPGs I'm mostly playing fighters, a la Soul Calibur, Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom ect :D

Grew up always working on designing some dungeon or other, have never been able to really get into the computerized RPG's - they just seem nuisancy compared to reading a book or scribbling down a few ideas.

Currently, I play D&D 3.5 and 4.0 and Werewolf with the hubby our third and a few close friends. We're also involved in a Boffer LARP called Kingdoms of Novitas. The only online computer game I really play is City of Heroes. Though we're starting to play around with Atremis a little bit.

I know these are old, but I'm bored and have nothing better to do than bump fireplace threads with stuff I can say.

I am currently playing D&D (3.5) as a half elf druid (with plans to take a level of a 3.0 prestige class Tamer of Beasts).

Want to play pathfinder, but at the moment have the time for only one.

Also play MtG.

I think the initial intent of this thread was to discuss roll play in the bedroom, but as they say, I'm game. I an an old time D & D player, but haven't been able to find a decent game locally. Got into Skyrim. Played until I had done everything there was to do in the game. Decided to back up a game and I am presently playing Oblivion.

Khajit like to sneak!

Back