Smelling the flowers

Petunia

I really hope your parents and siblings remain healthy, Petunia.
Thank you, Evie. This morning I woke up remembering that I've read that scientists are figuring out that some people are super spreaders, but others are not. The fact that my uncle hasn't gotten sick (so far) gives me hope that my aunt is not a super spreader and that my family is safe. Last night I spoke to my mom and I used her tactic of guilt to encourage them to get tested today for my brother's sake and for his stepson's sake. Knowing if our parents are infected or not will have a big impact on them and the decisions they make going forward.

icesong

That is definitely true - there are even people that live in the same house as infected people that didn't get infected, and this was a much shorter exposure than that. Fingers crossed for you.

Petunia

That is definitely true - there are even people that live in the same house as infected people that didn't get infected, and this was a much shorter exposure than that. Fingers crossed for you.
Yes! :) Thank you.

Petunia

Tomorrow is Bond's 50th birthday. Wil is arriving today. I'm not sure what kind of plan we have for tonight. Tomorrow we're doing pizza, I think, and Friday we're taking the family to a corn maze and then dropping the boys at their mom's. I believe we're eating a bit more upscale Friday night and Saturday B says she's planning on being drunk. Probably good food that night, too.

Last night we rewatched several Letterkenny episodes and I decided that I'd order feather boas, birthday hats for us, and a tiara for Bond. Everything should arrive by tomorrow. We may not be able to have the Super Soft birthday party we initially planned, but we can do it on a small scale at least. :) I should figure out some froo-froo drinks and make cupcakes.

Petunia

Yesterday shortly after I posted I decided I was making a run for it and I sent an email to my boss saying I was taking the afternoon off. I went up to Talihaven and washed the exterior of the windows that I could reach and swept cobwebs off the siding. It looks so much better. I want to go up on Saturday and use the big ladder to reach the upper windows, power-wash the deck, clean up the gas grill, clean up the downed branches in the yard, maybe talk to the self-appointed neighborhood president about who does snow removal, and possibly switch outlets in the bedrooms to the USB ones that Bond ordered. I'm feeling much better having gotten the siding swept and the windows that I could reach washed. It looks so much better. I talked to Stark (the guy that works for WP, and a kind of friend, mostly an acquaintance) about whether or not he thought WP would get the deck done before winter. He thinks not. That's why I think we need to take responsibility for power-washing the deck. If WP can get the top rails replaced it should be decent enough for winter and we can do the other modifications next spring.