Smelling the flowers

Petunia

You've created a beautiful vacation home, Petunia. I am within a 12 hour drive and would absolutely consider vacationing here except I usually go south. I'll keep it in mind though :)
Thank you, PP! It would be fun to host you someday. :)

Petunia

Guys, bookings are coming in! I've booked three weeks in the summer, potentially 5-6 days in early March, I have someone staying there right now, and another booking for next weekend! I am a wee bit less stressed now. Although now I need to work on finding an HVAC company to do the A/C, buy a dock, plan a fire pit area and make it happen, and clean up the landscape. And find ways to pay for it all. Bring on the bookings!

Last night we had a mail-in ballot signing dinner with B and The Therapist. We ordered Mexican (and they forgot one of our orders). The Therapist made margaritas. We Zoomed with Wil. Bond will be dropping the ballots off at a polling collection box asap. While we were eating I got a confirmation for a week stay in July, woot! It was happy dance time. :) After they left Bond and I were watching TV and I got an inquiry and this morning they committed to a week in August. Yay!

Petunia

I hope your Valentine's celebrations were nice. We had a really nice weekend. Saturday night we made steaks for the Triad, and Sunday Wil, The Therapist, and B came over and we made wings, B brought two soups, lentil and carrot, and we made homemade ice cream, lemon poppy seed flavor. It was a really, really nice weekend.

Petunia

Stress is coloring my world this week. Yesterday Wil went with me to Talihaven. It was one of those days when I had so many bad things happen, but also good things happened which offered some balance. I don't know why it left me feeling more bad than good. I had wanted Bond to go with me, but it was his hangout day with B, so he didn't respond when I told him I was really anxious about getting everything done if he wasn't along. So I left and hoped for the best. The number of things that went wrong was almost comedic and would have been funny if it wasn't for the stress of it all. But at the end of the day, the refrigerator was delivered and is in the kitchen even though the delivery guys had to carry it up to the house using appliance straps. Thank goodness for young, strong bodies with strong backs and legs! They also took my bribe and moved the old refrigerator down to the game room. Yay! The fireplace surrounds got installed. WP got shit done and so did Wil, and I got through most of my list.

WP got the water line connected for the ice maker, fixed the hatch in the game room that could have fallen on someone's head because he didn't do it right the first time! And he fixed the panel that fell out of the bathroom vanity door.

Wil put up a towel bar, hung a picture, assembled a side table, charged the Ring doorbell, and had a 2+ hour Zoom meeting with colleagues.

I forgot to take the owner's closet keys (Bond made 4 copies and set them on my desk), so my cleaner brought hers over so I could unlock the closet. We had an opportunity to talk and get to know one another better. She is thrilled with the job and told her husband that she is giving me top priority, because I respect her and value her work and input. She has no idea how true that is! In a vacation rental business the cleaner can make or break a business. I'm paying her double what she quoted me, plus paying her $25 for each 5 * cleanliness review. In return I am her first clean of the day, she's willing to pick up treats for welcome gift, and she's fine with treating the water in the hot tub, taking on the laundry, and is checking into local services for various things. I feel like we're partners.

I didn't have time to use the electrostatic fogger. Sigh.

I love the fireplace surrounds! Main Floor Fireplace Surround
I'm ordering doors from someone on Etsy for the wood box space to finish the look off. https://www.etsy.com/listing/643643645/rustic-wooden-barn-doorsshutters-farm

Hopefully the salt on the driveway will do its magic and the gas truck can deliver LP tomorrow. They tried on Tuesday and couldn't quite get up the hill. Fucking hill.

Evie

Your cleaner sounds awesome!

I think Talihaven is beautiful, I fantasize about staying there but I don't think I'll ever know enough people in the States who I'd share space with like that. Puck's polycule would not work all under one roof! And anyway, when I finally get to visit the States, I'm gonna want him all to myself most of my trip. But I'm looking on longingly.

Petunia

Your cleaner sounds awesome!

I think Talihaven is beautiful, I fantasize about staying there but I don't think I'll ever know enough people in the States who I'd share space with like that. Puck's polycule would not work all under one roof! And anyway, when I finally get to visit the States, I'm gonna want him all to myself most of my trip. But I'm looking on longingly.
Isn't she the bomb?! So lucky!

Thank you, Evie. :) Can't say I blame you one bit!

Petunia

Things continue in STR land. The arborist sent me a message yesterday that he plans on taking down the trees on Saturday. I have guests from Friday night to Monday morning! My initial thought was to cancel him, but instead I reached out to the guest and she is okay with it happening, because they're going to be skiing most of the day. I am giving her $100 so they can go out for breakfast, or whatever she wants to spend it on.

Last night B stopped by for a drink and to bring carrots and apples for the rabbits and other wildlife in our backyard. We were cooking dinner at the time and a few minutes after it was ready I asked Bond if he wanted to make a plate for the second time. He snapped at me, because, well, I don't know why he snapped really. I had said something like, "I don't know if you heard me earlier. Do you want to make a plate?" And he snapped back something like, "All I heard was you say that B wasn't going to eat with us, but 'something'." He then said that no he wasn't going to eat, because he wasn't hungry. B got on him about being so snappy, which he then defended/denied. Meanwhile she and I moved to the sunroom and I told her that's he's always snapping at me lately and that I feel like he doesn't like me anymore. She and I tried to talk to him about it when he got in there, but he was over the top rude, so I gave up and said that I couldn't talk about it, because it was going to make me cry and I got up and left the room. They talked for a while and I busied myself on my phone playing a stupid game just trying to numb the hurt and gain some time before having to deal with him. After a while he came to talk and apologize. We're going to work on our communication and he wants B and me to let him know when he's being rude. Wish us luck. I hope we can stop this pattern. It feels really shitty when the response you get for almost anything you utter carries a tone that conveys that you are annoying and you shouldn't have spoken, or what you said is contemptible and open for criticism.

Outside of all of that nastiness some nice things also happened. Bond said that he'd pay for the trees coming down and for a pier that I found.