Team Edward or Team Jacob?

foxflame88

For any other fans of the books/movies... doesn't Bella realize she could have them both if she were poly? :rolleyes:

Wouldn't make a very good story if they had a love in. Romantic strife is part of the appeal for general public ;)...

Two men aren't likely to fight for you if they know they can share haha

PS...for my own sanity, I dislike the movies and books, but I have enough female friends who love them that I know a bit about the story. I mentioned them all being together...the shocked looks I got were borderline hillarious.

I think the series is utter drek and I was ready to slit my wrists after sitting through the first movie with my daughter.

To speak to your question, though, sort of: I wonder why either one of them would want her? She's one of the most shallow characters ever created! Why would a 100+ year old man have any interest in such a horridly immature girl?

Of course, he's a right creepy old bastard, but I'm not going to pursue that here.

Fortunately, MY daughter was raised on the classic horror novels and HATES Twilight and Bella (and the idea of 'sparkling vampires)... :)

After reading I think she does need introduction to Poly and take them BOTH!! hehehehe I cant wait to see Eclipse this weekend:) So yes I'm a teenage vamp wannabe (as is wishing I was a teenager not a vamp! LOL)OH and yes i'm team Edward :)

So interesting this book series was written by a Mormon. Their church of course has a long and checkered history of polygyny. The strong sexual attraction between Bella, Edward and Jacob reeks of a suggestion of polyandry, even tho Bella "has" to choose with whom to consummate the relationship. I found it rather titillating, in the context of the story, to see her physically turned on by Jacob, and loving him as a friend, while having Edward as her primary love.

I'm sure there's lot of fanfic written where Bella has both men, and they all live happily ever after!

42198940-560x750.jpg

Looks like a "V" to me!

Fortunately, MY daughter was raised on the classic horror novels and HATES Twilight and Bella (and the idea of 'sparkling vampires)... :)

My daughter lives with her mother, so I've not been a primary filter of her entertainment. I have to report that I actually infected their household with Twilight--I bought it as a gift for her twin older sisters. What's interesting is that the twin still living at home doesn't like Twilight these days, while my daughter and her mother are both hooked.

And my wife just got hooked via a friend of hers. Ugh.

I've never been enamored of vampires in any form. The vampire movie I like best is Nosferatu, which I think qualifies as old skool vampire.

I hated the whole vampire thing until this but now I am reading another vampire series called the "House of Night" novels. I also am looking at a few others. I am a Harry Potter fan too but Vamps is new for me :)

The vampire movie I like best is Nosferatu, which I think qualifies as old skool vampire.

There's a really cool movie, a fictionalized account of the making of Nosferatu, called Shadow of the Vampire.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0189998/

My celeb crush Eddie Izzard has a small role, but John Malkovich as the director and William DaFoe as Max Shrek (Nosferatu himself) are wicked cool in it!

My other favorite vampire is Dracula from 1979, with Frank Langella! mmmm, he's so deliciously evil in it.

frank+langella+dracula.jpg

I recently saw From Dusk to Dawn, a Quentin Tarantino vamp flick that starred George Clooney and Juliette Lewis. Very funny, sexy, bloody. Watch it for Salma Hayek's hip dance alone.

hayek.jpg

Last edited:
The Langella Dracula was a reasonable re-telling of the modern mythology (which all started with Bram Stoker).

Stoker really wasn't that good a writer; look for Saberhagen's The Dracula Tapes for a hilarious version told from The Count's point of view. Other modern takes on vampires (written) are the early Anita Blake series, (Laurell Hamilton before she goes strange) , Butcher's Harry Dresden series, and Saberhagen's Dracula series. Also the True Blood TV series and its inspiration, the books (forget the writer at this time).

I mostly fault Meyer's stories because she admits she did no research before writing them. If you're going to invoke supernatural creatures, you at least need to know their literary and mythic origins before doing your own version...

First off, those are NOT vampires. Those are carnivorous sparkle-fairies, or - as my gf has termed them- Myerpires.

MYERPIRE: n- a fictional creature that lurks in highschools to fall helplessly in love with twitty little girls, in spite of their supposed centuries worth of worldly experience and maturity. Known to sparkle like a gay pride float when exposed to sunlight.

ex: If I had to choose between meeting a pissed off fae or a myerpire in a dark alley at night, I'd sure as hell choose the myerpire. I know I can take one of them. (quoted from my gf.):D

Secondy, Team Edward or Team Jacob? Get real.....

I'm on Team Spike.;)

So I just saw Eclipse! It was wonderful! I hope you all see it soon :) It was awsome... and btw Team Edward and Jacob need to hook up LOL

Thank you :) Mohegan got all computer-savvy and made it for me, but it may change soon. I have something else in mind.

We'll see.

@Edward I think her view is interesting because it is based purely on her imagination and the word of mouth Lore that exists today. I think its also humanities way of making good out of crap :)

I prefer David Wellington's Laura Caxton series to any of the vampire romances. Tough female cop kicks vampire arse (and gets her physical and emotional butt kicked quite a bit, too). The vampires are some of the nastiest I've ever seen in vampire literature (for instance, they change you by driving you to commit suicide). For the most part, I like my vampires as antagonists or maybe anti-heroes (a la Lestat in the first couple Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles), not sparkly lover boys.

Mendalla

Last edited:
I'm all about the Harry Dresden series. THOSE are real vampires, in all their nastiness... and the hero almost always gets the crap kicked out of him, too. Having a near-invulnerable hero just gets old to me.

Almost always? Dresden can't even avoid getting his ass whooped in Butler's short stories! But I agree, well done Vamps there.

I also enjoy Kim Harrison's Hallows series and Kelley Armstrong's Otherworld series (although vamps don't show up till book 3)

First of all I have to say TEAM JACOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

*woosahh*

:D

Now, on to the discussion, it's funny that I just mentionned this in another thread, and I see it's already been noticed by someone else too (meaning the whole jacob and edward should just get in a triad with bella)... I say triad because that'd be no Vee... seriously.... bella would probably be kicked outta bed half the time lol ;)

Back