We are new from NE Indiana

Fwcouple08

Hi everyone. My wife and I just recently started looking around to find another woman to join us in our relationship when we stumbled upon this forum. While both of us will be involved it is more for her than me. We would prefer to develop a friendship first and if it goes further than great. If we stayed friends that is fine too. We would also love to find like minded couples/groups, or wheat ever the word is for friendships.
We live in NE Indiana about 2 hours north of Indianapolis. We have been married almost three years but been together seven. He is 37, she is 31, and we have three kids but, want more
We have absolutely no idea how or where to find like minded people. If anyone here has any incite, we would love to hear from you.

Hi,

First off, welcome to the world of poly and this board.

I can offer you some advice off the bat. If you want to be truly successful at polyamory, start thinking of yourselves as individuals. Even if you are both excited about this new phase, you will each find friends and loves for yourselves, not for you as a couple (at least sometimes). One thing that it is best to let go of is being too entangled. Always thinking of yourselves as a unit, as "we," can cause you pain the long run. If you are seeking a hot bi babe who will satisfy both of you equally, you will have a long, if not unending wait. That's why we call those kinds of mythical females unicorns.

I am going to address the OP as the husband of this couple: You may find a lover who isn't interested in friendship or sex/romance with your wife, and vice versa. Your wife (she needs a nickname here) may or may not get along with your new gf. You might want what is called "kitchen table poly" where everyone hangs out. You may find a lover who is fine with that, or she may want "parallel poly" where your relationships with her and Wife are kept more separate, and just "basic polite" if their paths happen to cross.

We recommend poly couples each have their own membership here. If you really don't want that, do the other members the courtesy of signing each post by whom was actually responsible for writing that post. Even if you both consult on each post, you both have a valid voice and probably different viewpoints and uncertainties.

I hope that helps!

Disentangling:

Unicorn hunting:

Hi everyone. My wife and I just recently started looking around to find another woman to join us in our relationship when we stumbled upon this forum. While both of us will be involved it is more for her than me. We would prefer to develop a friendship first and if it goes further than great. If we stayed friends that is fine too. We would also love to find like minded couples/groups, or wheat ever the word is for friendships.
We live in NE Indiana about 2 hours north of Indianapolis. We have been married almost three years but been together seven. He is 37, she is 31, and we have three kids but, want more
We have absolutely no idea how or where to find like minded people. If anyone here has any incite, we would love to hear from you.
Use to live in that area about 6 years ago. There is a small non-monogamy (not always ethical) community there but it takes a while to find folks. Pre-Covid would have had recommendation especially around Fort Wayne but not sure post covid. There also use to be a great Poly meetup group in Chicago that would meet like a type of support group to talk and socialize. If it is still running, would check that out too.

Greetings Fwcouple08,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.
Here are some resources for finding like-minded people in your area:
"As for where to meet poly people, if by some chance you are interested in anything alternative like Renaissance fairs, goth culture, sci-fi conventions, indie music, bdsm, or any small fringe group, you will be more likely to meet people who have at least heard of poly and are accepting of it."
-- SpaceHippieGeek, Polyamorous Percolations

Even if it's not an "alternative" type group, if there's a club or something in your area that does something you're interested in, you can always join that group and it just gives you a way to get out there and meet people. If you meet someone on a platonic level and get to talking about poly, then they can decide how they feel about it without any "pressure to agree." Then if they do decide poly doesn't bother them too much, and some kind of romantic connection subsequently develops, you'll already have "had the poly conversation" with them.

Hopefully this gives you some ideas.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Hi!! I’m from the same area, looking for poly friendships bc I’d love to meet those in this lifestyle. If you’re still up for talking, let me know!

Use to live in that area about 6 years ago. There is a small non-monogamy (not always ethical) community there but it takes a while to find folks. Pre-Covid would have had recommendation especially around Fort Wayne but not sure post covid. There also use to be a great Poly meetup group in Chicago that would meet like a type of support group to talk and socialize. If it is still running, would check that out too.
Hi!! I’m from the same area, looking for poly friendships bc I’d love to meet those in this lifestyle. If you’re still up for talking, let me know!
We and my girlfriend are looking for the same . Also new to this . Message me back if interested

Back