Brand new to ENM, need info

tonys667

Hi,

My wife and I are taking a close look at ENM. We are currently monogamous and have gone through a lot of emotions for in the three weeks since she brought up the subject.

I'm trying not to move too fast and I feel the need to meet people in the NJ poly community, mostly for fact finding. I'd greatly appreciate someone pointing in the right direction, since this is all so new. The community in North Jersey is preferred for proximity reasons. Virtual is nice, but I get more out of in-person communication.

I love tennis, and my family is into music and acting. (My opening night is this week.)

Hi Tony, welcome!

Here's a link to a thread with heaps of good intro links: https://polyamory.com/threads/most-commonly-cited-advice-articles-master-thread.155304/

The two best places to find local events tend to be Facebook and Fetlife. While we do have a meetings and events section, we're often used as a "drop in" message board at this point of time. I had a quick look in Fetlife and there are two polyamory meet-ups (called munches) advertised for the first half of April. One in Bordentown and one in Berlin. These locations mean nothing to me as I'm in Aotearoa New Zealand, but if I can find events nearish you, I have a lot of faith that you can, too.

All the best,

Evie

Hi Tony, welcome!

Here's a link to a thread with heaps of good intro links: https://polyamory.com/threads/most-commonly-cited-advice-articles-master-thread.155304/

The two best places to find local events tend to be Facebook and Fetlife. While we do have a meetings and events section, we're often used as a "drop in" message board at this point of time. I had a quick look in Fetlife and there are two polyamory meet-ups (called munches) advertised for the first half of April. One in Bordentown and one in Berlin. These locations mean nothing to me as I'm in Aotearoa New Zealand, but if I can find events nearish you, I have a lot of faith that you can, too.

All the best,

Evie
Thank you!!!

Greetings tonys667,

Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You can also google "New Jersey polyamory," or "polyamory" plus the name of the major city nearest to you. A poly group near you may come up as a result of that search. In the meantime, we'll try to answer any questions you may have here on the forum! There's a lot to be learned about poly/ENM, that's for sure.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back