Covid-19

Do you think NZ will restrict travel to the US?

I just read where Brian Tamaki says born again Christians are immune. You could always try that... lol

I think it's just a bit too early for me to worry overmuch. I'm staying optimistic. I'm actually more concerned that while I'm there they will broaden the self-isolation rules and I'll suddenly find myself unable to go back to work when term starts. My employer would probably take a very dim view of my choice to travel at Easter.

Brian Tamaki has been a menace for years. It's disgusting but not overly surprising that's he's spewing such nonsense.

Last edited:
But doesn't it take 9 months to be born? She only has 6 weeks.

haha, no. All you have to do is say, I accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and get baptized. Easy peasy. And Lent/Easter is the perfect time to do it!

haha, no. All you have to do is say, I accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, and get baptized. Easy peasy. And Lent/Easter is the perfect time to do it!

Don’t do it 😱 it will turn you into a narrow minded judgemental person who thinks he has the God given rights to tell you how to live, on top of that the cult will want 10% of your money 💴😱😱😱. Run

Our husband thinks there is some misinformation going on, but says it helps to air on the side of caution regardless. He also thinks the way it has been reported has been mishandled and the government is just not making anyone feel at ease, which could also be true.

We have tickets for Wrestlemania 36, our first wrestling event we've attended since we saw Monday Night Raw in my home town of Phoenix when we went there for a vacation in early 2018 (Yes, we went to also see my family and friends I grew up with.). But anyway, the wrestling promotion and city officials are keeping an eye on the situation. It will suck because we bought the tickets when they went on sale in addition booking our airfare, our hotel room and our car rental.

He doesn't think it is going to be cancelled or postponed, but if it does, it will of course be understandable.

Our husband thinks there is some misinformation going on, but says it helps to air on the side of caution regardless. He also thinks the way it has been reported has been mishandled and the government is just not making anyone feel at ease, which could also be true.

We have tickets for Wrestlemania 36, our first wrestling event we've attended since we saw Monday Night Raw in my home town of Phoenix when we went there for a vacation in early 2018 (Yes, we went to also see my family and friends I grew up with.). But anyway, the wrestling promotion and city officials are keeping an eye on the situation. It will suck because we bought the tickets when they went on sale in addition booking our airfare, our hotel room and our car rental.

He doesn't think it is going to be cancelled or postponed, but if it does, it will of course be understandable.

I guess that depends on what you think the misinformation is. It's seems like things are blown out of proportion, but a lot of that has to do with how our government is handling things. We have a guy more worried about his image than anything else. That's not a leader. I mean, that's how this all got out of control to begin with. There is no confidence in our government at the moment.

Miami just shut down the Ultra Music Festival. That's a pretty big deal.

From optimism to despair. My employer is about to issue a missive about employee travel. The bottom line will be "don't."

My company has a short (but growing) list of countries that require a 14-day quarantine to return to work if you travel to any of them.

I don't know if there's an active misinformation campaign as much as they're still working out all the information. A lot of the data has changed over the short amount of time they've had to refine it. I expect more refinement over the next couple weeks.

Of course, what individuals *do* with that information (complete or lacking as it may be) is its own animal. I, for one, do not plan on stocking up on TP any time soon. Girl Scout cookies, on the other hand... :p

I think everyone is doing the best they can.

Even tRump is doing the best he can, to fuck everything up as much as possible, as usual.

He closed the Pandemic Committee last year. Brilliant.

He was exposed to covid at a conservative con a few days ago, and hasn't been tested. Fantastic.

There are plenty of swab kits, but labs are overwhelmed in actually running the tests. I'm sure that's a result of closing the Pandemic Committee. Yay.

I do hope the rest of the world starts calling China to account for all the chaos that's presently taking place.

Trump has banned all travel from Europe.

I do hope the rest of the world starts calling China to account for all the chaos that's presently taking place.

Trump has banned all travel from Europe.

Well not all travel. Just the foreigners. Thank you Stephen Miller.

China is not responsible for the chaos going on here, IMO.

I would have to disagree. Had the doctor who first diagnosed this virus back in December not been intimidated and shut down by the toxic Chinese authorities this chaos that’s enveloping the globe would not be happening 😱

Ehh, it's not as though a vaccine could happen any more quickly than it already is. And frankly if China wasn't China this would probably be worse - if it hadn't originated in a fairly authoritarian place, the level of quarantine that DID happen wouldn't have and it would have spread significantly faster, which doesn't give scientists as much time to work on it.

Well not all travel. Just the foreigners. Thank you Stephen Miller.

China is not responsible for the chaos going on here, IMO.

I completely agree. It would have been nearly impossible to prevent the virus from escaping China and becoming a global pandemic -- even if all travel out of China were halted at the very earliest stage of their epidemic.

Maybe (I can't say I know) China should have halted all travel out of China from within earlier than it did. But that's water under the bridge now that the cat is out of the bag, the horses out of the barn, along with my string of clichés.

Now our biggest worry will not even be exposure to the virus, though that's a HUGE concern. Our biggest challenge ahead is economic, wherever we live. The global economy is melting down, and we ain't seen nothing yet on that front.

Buy seeds and gardening tools if you want to eat in summer. That is, on the worst case scenario. It may get to the point where food and money to buy it will be very scarce, so if we are not attending to the very real contingency of a global food / economic crisis we will be up a creek without a cliché.

PS -

Please, please... create or join a community garden project for edibles as soon as possible. Buy seeds and gardening tools. Learn food growing and preserving skills as if your life depends upon it. Your stock of toilet paper and dried beans will only last so long.

Last edited:
Let's not get lost in all the political correctness and fear of offending people. The virus, "The China Virus" as Trump correctly called it started in China due to its illegal wet markets.

https://youtu.be/TPpoJGYlW54

Last edited:
Let's not get lost in all the political correctness and fear of offending people. The virus, "The China Virus" as Trump correctly call it started in China due to its illegal wet markets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPpoJGYlW54&t=9s

Correctly? So you are nothing more than a Trump Troll. I suspected as much. The proper name of the virus is SARS-CoV-2. The disease it causes is COVID-19. There are no other names for it. It jumped from animals to humans because that's what viruses do. It wasn't due to anything illegal. I would appreciate it if you refrained from spreading false information in this forum.

Correctly? So you are nothing more than a Trump Troll. I suspected as much. The proper name of the virus is SARS-CoV-2. The disease it causes is COVID-19. There are no other names for it. It jumped from animals to humans because that's what viruses do. It wasn't due to anything illegal. I would appreciate it if you refrained from spreading false information in this forum.

REALLY, you're having a laugh right?

I agree, the "China Virus" jumped from animals to humans, but where did that happen and why?..............

I'd appreciate it if you refrain from spreading FEAR based lies and unsupported judgments on this forum. As I understand it, this forum is politically neutral, your comments are not. For your information, I'm not a Trump supporter or an American, had you taken the time to read my comments without over reacting, you would have noticed that all I did was was "quote him".

Sorry you're offended, I guess you'll have to work on that.......

Last edited:
REALLY, you're having a laugh right?

I agree, the "China Virus" jumped from animals to humans, but where did that happen and why?..............

I'd appreciate it if you refrain from spreading FEAR based lies and unsupported judgments on this forum. As I understand it, this forum is politically neutral, your comments are not. For your information, I'm not a Trump supporter or an American, had you taken the time to read my comments without over reacting, you would have noticed that all I did was was "quote him".

Sorry you're offended, I guess you'll have to work on that.......
Name one lie I've spread. Are you aware that scientists track hundreds of viruses in animals to see if they jump to humans? It doesn't matter where it happens. The only thing China did wrong was to try and keep it quiet to save their economy. To me that is a no different than the US government trying to downplay it to save our economy. All that can be dealt with later.

And you didn't merely quote him. You agreed with him. And your little dig is way off. Nonsense never offends me.

I’m happy for you believe what ever you want, it makes no difference to me whatsoever �� But it doesn’t change the facts

Vinsanity is completely correct on all counts.

The virus could have appeared on our scene most anywhere. It just happened, by chance, to have appeared first in China. It is not a China virus, it is an Earth virus.

Vinsanity is completely correct on all counts.

The virus could have appeared on our scene most anywhere. It just happened, by chance, to have appeared first in China. It is not a China virus, it is an Earth virus.

Really �� i wasn’t aware we had “wet markets” here in North America !

If your happy believing that then I’m ok with it, as long as you don’t assume its the truth, because that would be really concerning ��

Last edited:
Back