Fun and Frolic With Long-Term Love

All bloodwork so far has presented as completely normal, and they did a CATScan, which was also normal. They don’t believe his previous heart issues are connected to the seizure he had, and they don’t believe this is stroke activity at all.

They are keeping him overnight for observation, and he will have an EEG and a visit with a neurologist in the morning.

They wrapped up his arm and wrist and it’s now immobilized, in a sling. The bones he broke don’t necessitate a more involved cast at the present time.

whew!

I cried all the way home tonight. Visiting hours ended at 8 pm. I am just an exhausted mess.

Ugh. Glad he got admitted, though, and that this is now on his record. Scary stuff, BB... please take some time for some self-care if you can.

Instead of self-care, I got up super early this morning and did cat-care instead.
I meant to relax and sleep in today, but instead I cleaned my sunporch. I scooped litter, scrubbed up cat hair balls, emptied the closet (which I wish I had taken a “before” photo of, dammit) and then sat down and ordered two new litter mats, plus cat cushions for the bench. Oh, and a pack of litter from Chewy. I still need to wipe down the window sills and wash the indows, but I measured for new blinds and now I am debating whether to rewrap or buy a brand new cat tree for the space. MisterMoonbeam is voting for buying a new tree since he can’t wrap sisal rope one-handed!

Of course I am wearing black today and I am now covered in litter dust and cat hair. Still, I don’t know, it felt good to focus on something that wasn’t a crisis. I also have three pieces of furniture (queen bed, couch and kitchen table) to rehome for the Blessing Box, and I’ve been on messenger all morning with the donors and trying to connect them with recipients. I officially closed the Box for the week, but stuff still is happening behind the scenes. I am about to drive to Martinsburg and pick up our weekly donation from the big consignment shop there - I usually go Wednesdays, but of course that didn’t happen yesterday.

I am not sure what self-care really is, to be honest. When I need to cry, I do that. When I need to eat trash food, I do that too. And then wrap myself up in a blanket on the couch and don’t move.

I am so sorry, Bluebird. It's been a rough week for you. I am glad Mister Moonbeam is getting the help he needs. And Bug Girl is in rehab. I hope it works!! My family member is not ready for rehab.

Self care for me, means anything that soothes and refreshes my soul. For me, that can be a long walk, hot bath, a nap, meditation, a good book.... anything where I put my health and wellbeing above everything else, at least for a few moments. Some calm in the middle of the storm. I hope you can find a sliver of serenity today. ((Hugs))

I like to go get a spa pedicure. Soaking in warm aromatherapeutic water, callouses removed, nails trimmed, all the moisturizers in the world, a massage from the chair for my back. Then hot towels on my feet, a massage of my calves with hot flat stones wielded by an expert, then the hot towels off the feet and a massage there. Then a pretty color on my toes to admire. It makes me feel 20 years younger every time I go. I may be gender non-conforming, but I sure do like some girly stuff.

But I guess some people would just rather distract themselves with work, getting things accomplished.

I'm glad MrMB is getting care. My mom had a stroke and died, after just having had a checkup a week prior. It can happen anytime. She was 75, but in great health and full of energy, and a good weight too. I'm glad it wasn't a stroke for MrMB, but what the hell was it that made him lose oxygen and consciousness, then?

Today my youngest is leaving her boyfriend of two years. He is very upset and has been in and out of their shared apartment while we are packing her up. She did zero prep work, and the place was a disaster. First we had to clean to make space for the boxes. It took me an hour to sort and pack up everything piled up on the spare bed (which she owns) to clear it off so we could move that into the rental truck.

She only reserved it for 4 hours, and I was like, oh honey no. So we extended it an additional 2, which was perfect. Almost everything is now in her storage unit, but MisterMoonbeam and I are still at her apartment, waiting for her to return with her car - we need to put her clothing, one of her cats and her pet lizard into there. My own car is already packed full.

So far her ex has not been violent or belligerent. We are all very nervous about that but so far so good. She should be back soon and then we can leave this place!

I'm glad MrMB is getting care. My mom had a stroke and died, after just having had a checkup a week prior. It can happen anytime. She was 75, but in great health and full of energy, and a good weight too. I'm glad it wasn't a stroke for MrMB, but what the hell was it that made him lose oxygen and consciousness, then?

They’ve decided to go with the thought that his fall caused his brain to bounce, even if he didn’t hit it against the pavement. So it should be just a one time thing. He was happy to come home last night and is back to his old self. Well, plus two broken bones.

I woke up early this morning, but then fell back asleep until 9:30. Getting my shit together now to go hiking. I was supposed to be a day into a camping trip, but with MisterMoonbeam injured and the weekend being rainy overnight, I decided to cancel that. Instead, DarkKnight and I are going to hike at a natural resource area about an hour away. Neither of us have been there, so it should be fun. He’s making PB&J sandwiches for us to have a little picnic along the way. I’m writing this while pooping. 😂

I was thinking of canceling the hike today and working on organizing our camping gear a bit more. I think I wrote about creating a cleaning closet in our sunporch, but the living room coat closet has been getting an overhaul as well. That’s where lots of our larger cleaning items were - brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners. Well, those are moved out now, and I plan to pack away all of the coats soon. I have the perfect place for them in the master closet in the basement. Anyway, in the coat closet is a shelving cubby with lots of little spaces for shoes, which I have to pull out. I want to put a 3x3 cubby in there, so each of us will have a space for our hiking boots, hiking sneakers and water shoes. I think there may be one in MisterMoonbeam’s storage unit. Gotta go look! I also hope to install a couple of shelves to put bins on that will hold the camping equipment. I’m excited to get it all done, but I guess that won’t be today.

Tired today, but my to do list is daunting. Being closed all week means I have stuff piled to the ceiling! With MisterMoonbeam injured, that means I don’t have any assistance and extra chores on top of it all. Yikes!

I’m showered, dressed and the cats are fed, and I have MisterMoonbeam in the shower now (I have to wrap his arm in a trash bag to protect it) and his sweatpants in the dryer. He only has one pair of these nylon adidas workout pants that he is able to pull on easily one-handed. Actually, I need to sign off here and order him a couple of additional pairs! I have a coupon from JCPenney that is valid today online, and DarkKnight has some ridiculously high-balance credit card for that store. Seriously, I think it’s like $8,000 or something and we never use it. Which reminds me that DarkKnight needs to buy a few new pieces of clothing, so both my guys are getting hooked up today!

DarkKnight has a half day of work because this afternoon the three of us are going to get our second COVID shot. I really hope we all do okay with not a lot of side effects. I made them both drink water yesterday, and I’m pounding glasses today. I’ve heard that can help a lot!

All 3 of my volunteers will be here at 11 to cover me at the Box for when I go to get the shot, and afterward I have some serious shopping to do for two different meal giveaways I am planning on my head for this week.

Oh Bluebird! I wish you well with the second shot. Maybe your volunteers can be ready to cover for you tomorrow just in case?

I am really identifying with you about Mr. Moonbeam's depression as Ray's depression has become a chronic state. His doctor had us check him into an inpatient program but the program did not seem suitable and I agreed he should come home. I'm now trying to get him to go to a partial day program.

Sounds to me like you do self care as much as you can manage! Keep it up.😊

Someone knocked on my door about 10 minutes ago. A gentleman had just unloaded a crib with a mattress. Y’all, a baby died. It wasn’t tonight - it was a while ago. The mother was finally able to say goodbye and give away the last piece of the nursery; she chose me to find it a new place to be. The deliveryman said they trust me to find the crib a loving home.

I am in tears, and emotional about the absolute honor that was just gifted to me. To know that this mom thought of me personally as she tries to move forward through her grief - holy shit. I am overwhelmed and amazed at her strength. I am so very happy to be of service, and grateful to be allowed to bear a small part of her burden and turn it into a blessing for someone else.

A crib is just an object, a piece of furniture that I have seen on my porch, again and again over the years. It’s no big deal, at face value. What’s important though is what’s under the surface, even if it goes unseen by others - it’s the family, that infuses their hope into the structure. When they pass the crib along, another layer is pressed. Joy is gifted, and grows; it’s multiplied as each new child is wished for and loved.

I am 100% certain that this mother infused all of her heart into the hardware. The infants, who will lay their heads there nightly in the future, will be surrounded by more than just a wooden frame. This crib will hold hope so dear, words cannot possibly describe the layers of light that will cradle children for as long as it lasts.

I thank this mom for what she is allowing me to do. I wish that in the darkness of her pain, she’ll be comforted by knowing that her love will continue to be felt within our community.

Pfizer dose 2, second day. Oooh my. My left arm is sore AF, and I can barely keep my eyes open. I’m so very achy and sleepy. It’s not terrible, but I am overdue for a nap, even though I just woke up!

I am really identifying with you about Mr. Moonbeam's depression as Ray's depression has become a chronic state. His doctor had us check him into an inpatient program but the program did not seem suitable and I agreed he should come home. I'm now trying to get him to go to a partial day program.

Oh wow! I am so sorry. I actually didn’t know they had things like inpatient programs for depression; that’s wonderful that they exist, even if ultimately it wasn’t what Ray needed. MisterMoonbeam is struggling, but I am hoping that when he starts therapy next week, he’ll see some improvement.

I got my latest Stitch Fix in the mail, and I was almost too tired to even try it on. I did though. Lol My stylist is the best - she sent me all stuff I can wear for hiking or camping, and one was a surprise! I have a listing of no bags or backpacks, but she sent me a North Face “Field Bag” and I am in love with it. I also kept a hoodie. I had enough credit so both items cost $20 total. I wanted to keep the other items, but the leggings were 7/8, which are too short on me, and another pair made me look like a saggy, baggy elephant.

Today the Box wasn’t too busy so I’ve been able to sit in a chair and zone out. I am legit too tired to even move my fingers to make the remote work. I’m holding my phone now, and I am hoping I am actually forming complete sentences.

Photo drop because I’m tired and bored. Not sure if I posted these before or not. The first pic is of me yesterday, hiking with DarkKnight, the one mile trek to Cunningham Falls. Easy peasy. These are the leggings I got and kept in my last Stitch Fix before today’s delivery. I can’t recommend them enough - moisture-wicking, high-waisted, performance full length with POCKETS. By Glyde. I am hoping to buy a second pair this weekend. I love them so much!

The second pic is me wearing jeans (which I never do) when MisterMoonbeam and I went and did an escape room together in Virginia a couple of weeks ago.

02511859-777C-49A9-B478-45D66122B043.jpeg

C7F86F85-A29D-44B6-89B6-9FD32167D821.jpeg

And BugGirl’s boyfriend has abandoned rehab. He called me tonight, asking me to pick him up. I told him no. He said he was going to go clean on his own, because rehab just wasn’t his thing. I told him I was sorry to hear that, because BugGirl probably wouldn’t welcome him back. He said he was afraid of that. I told him I couldn’t help him, unfortunately.

BugGirl called me last night - and at first I was like, are you fucking kidding me?! However, she’s still doing well in rehab, and she had earned phone privileges. She can only have one “safe” number, and that’s me. :)

I was sorry to tell her about her boyfriend, and she was incredulous that he could barely last a week. She was determined, and she told me that she can handle rehab - she did Basic and was in the Army for 8 years!

I am so proud of her.

Waiting for it to be 10 am so I can take a trip out to Martinsburg to pick up donations. I have a volunteer coming at 11 to spot me in case it takes me too long to get back before I am supposed to open. I have someone picking up an AC unit and someone else getting a king size comforter this morning.

DarkKnight had a phone meeting last night and he’s excited to show me how our website is coming along. I told him I don’t have spoons to deal with that this week, but to please be as enthusiastic next week! My goal was to file paperwork by the first, and that is definitely not happening. That’s okay - it was just my own personal goal, and I’ve now moved it to June 1.

This afternoon I have some messages to send out about a Mother’s Day giveaway I am putting together next week, and of course, furniture deliveries have been keeping me busy. I have two happening this afternoon, in spite of the rain.

I have to make time to empty the cat litter this evening, and spend more time with the foster kitties. I ducked in twice yesterday, and one of the cats - Blackmoor - scolded me. Lol Isn’t she pretty?

754DACF5-F3D3-49AF-BB5B-DA019E213BB1.jpeg

I also need to prep for our weekend - MisterMoonbeam and I are going hiking tomorrow, camping together for the first time in our tent, and then hiking again Saturday. Saturday night we will be at a friend’s house in Virginia, and Sunday is a birthday party for that friend at an arcade. I have to do laundry and start packing!

Of course since I am going hiking and camping, I got my period yesterday. Gah!

I have been all go, no quit the last few days, and this morning was no exception. I woke up at 6, took DarkKnight to work, and then worked on the monthly budget while eating a quick breakfast. I had to clean the foster room before leaving on our trip, and I had three kitties in there who wanted to say hi. (Phil is still a scaredy cat.) That took about an hour - refilling water and food, emptying and sanitizing 2 litter boxes - and refilling, sweeping, cleaning up hair on the cat tree and wiping up barf. Yay. Had to empty our living room cat litter, and one litter box in the basement. (I did all of the other boxes last night.) Laundry, including hanging up some of MisterMoonbeam’s stuff, getting him all packed. I brought up the cooler from the basement, as well as my small suitcase, and I got myself partially packed.

I wanna go back to bed!

I am taking a breather before popping into the shower to prepare to load the car. Also, I have a neighbor coming over tomorrow who delivers diapers and toilet paper and pet food to some elderly shut-ins once a month, who I supply with the items, so I need to load up that box for pickup from DarkKnight tomorrow.

After we leave, gotta go to Sheetz for ice and cigarettes - BugGirl requested that we drop 2 packs off at the rehab front desk for her. Also need to go to the bank so MisterMoonbeam can pay rent, and I can transfer money around and pay my son’s rent. THEN we can head out to Seneca Creek State Park for a 3 mile hike around Clopper Lake. We plan to stay and camp at a different state park, but this is our first destination today.

Writing all of this has exhausted me.

Back