Ghost of a Chance

I recognize this space has been very much doom and gloom of late so here's something cute to lighten the mood.

LabRat has just been really starting to be aware of her letters and the alphabet. She even recites on her own for fun, though she's only got the first part down - she becones...distracted partway through:

"A-B-C-D-E-Da-Ddyyy-waaaaaaaaaaaaatch Dinosaur Train!"

Random thought: can we please stop using the "What came first: the chicken or the egg?" metaphor at this point? As a species? Like...there is an actual scientifically factually correct answer to that question.

It's...it's the egg. The egg came first. The egg has existed millions of years before there even were chickens. Even if you limit it to specifically chicken eggs, then the answer is still factually the egg came first, laid by an animal that was almost but not quite a chicken.

Sorry, just venting I guess. Being stuck here is even worse than the month I stayed when Tsunami was born. At least then I could go to work and rehearsal, and there was at least the CHANCE of sonething at OKC leading to a date. God I need intimacy so badly in every sense of the word, and not frim my ex.

I'm sorry it's hard and you're suffering, Binks.

You're putting your childrens' needs ahead of your own. I hope that being an involved dad and getting kid cuddles and innocent joy is comforting, even if it's not the adult intimacy you desire.

I'm sorry it's hard and you're suffering, Binks.

You're putting your childrens' needs ahead of your own. I hope that being an involved dad and getting kid cuddles and innocent joy is comforting, even if it's not the adult intimacy you desire.

Oh it's absolutely my saving grace. I am totally in love with my kids and they love having me around. I know I made the right choice in these circumetances. I just wish I had more of an outlet for my other needs.

I am officially changing my son's nickname from TSUNAMI to PACHY

Because he us going to break my goddamn jaw by headbutting me in his sleep.

How many months is Pachy now?

How many months is Pachy now?

4 1/2 months.

He's also been suffering from a major exima-style rash on his face and parts of his body that keep scratching his face. It mimics both some kind of bacterial infection and the manifestation of a food allergy through breastmilk (where Mom eats the food and its presence in the milk causes a reaction in the baby). So we had him tested for both.

Not only did we discover an antibiotic-resistant strain, but also a deadly allergy to egg whites (like I don't know what they count exactly, but a rating of 0.10 is "no allergy", anything over 3.0 is "may cause anaphylaxis", and Pachy's rating for Egg Whites is over 34.0)

Luckily we don't have to purge our houses of egg products like with a peanut allergy, we just have to be careful what we handle near him and Marsh is going eggless while she's nursing.

Poor wee chap. I hope he recovers naturally and soon, and wow on the eggs. thank goodness to know about that early!

Should I assume Pachy for Pachycephelosaurus? One of my favorite dinosaur names to say.

Leetah

Should I assume Pachy for Pachycephelosaurus? One of my favorite dinosaur names to say.

Leetah

Yes indeedy, if the reference to headbutting didn't give it away. ^_^

Been a while. Both Pachy and Labrat had different week-long hospital stays for persistent fevers (not Covid, thank gods, just minor infections). Been arranging vidcall rehersals for digital readings, but now I'm in a precarious situation - with my state moving to reopen much sooner than it has any right to, I may have to find work and stop seeing my kids for everyone's survival. I don't have to decide today, but that conversation is coming soon.

It's been a long while. I will make a proper update within the next week, but long story short I've been just trying to survive.

In the meantime, I wanted to plug my Theatre company's Neurodiversity New Play Festival, starting tonight and going all weekend. And everyone can attend from the comfort of their own homes.

You can watch the festival here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1402239896649707/

Or here: https://howlround.com/happenings/li...re-ensembles-neurodiversity-new-play-festival

The plays I'm in will perform about 5pm tonight and tomorrow. Tonight will be live, tomorrow will be prerecorded.

Did I say a week? Apparently I meant a month and a half. :p And of course everything is changed here. I feel like ut was needed, but time will tell if this one is better.

Not much to report, really. Still unlucky financially and romantically. Labrat will be going for her third and (hopefully) final open-heart surgery by the end of the year; the scheduling conversation is happening soon. Been trying to focus on self-care and self-improvement, but this has been difficult without resources. Hope everyone else is staying healthy and safe.

Back