I should probably introduce myself.

Mbalmr71

Hello all, I am a 49 year old hetero cis male. I am married to a 39 year old bisexual cis female. It is my second marriage and her third. We have two beautiful boys who are 5 and 7. Our current relationship dynamic is that I am mono and she is open to see other females. When we first discussed the possibility of her seeing women I did a lot of study about polyamory and open relationships. I have recently decided that I want to consider my own non-monogamy. I joined this board for some guidance and I am now hooked. I think we are in a very healthy place with regard to my wife's journey. I am more than a bit nervous about my own.

I have spent my entire career in Funeral Service and now work as a consultant. I love easily and believe in my heart that I have an endless capacity to love. I also pretty easily separate love, romance, sex and affection. I find I can have very fulfilling relationships with any combination of those things. I find real joy in compersion. I have really loved watching my wife grow in her journey as she is shedding years of shame and guilt surrounding her own sexuality. I am a bit of a philosopher. I am addicted to urban gothic fiction. I will always be a Harry Potter nerd and I still think Steampunk is really cool. I am an empath and very intuitive as well as a self made expert in non verbal communication. Those factors happen to make me a very formidable poker player. I am also an enthusiast and practitioner of traditional Japanese martial arts, philosophy and all things related to budo.

I am very much a giver and tend to frequently place others needs ahead of my own. I am finding the work I need to do right now is about exploring, embracing, communicating and advocating for my own needs. I feel my interactions here have help set me on the right path and I am hopeful for the future. If nothing were to change I feel like my own emotional maturity is growing and will continue to benefit by becoming a part of this community.

Warmest Regards to all.

Welcome, Mbalmr71! I'm also a Harry Potter nerd.

There is a lot of wisdom on these boards. Our official greeter will no doubt stop by shortly, but do feel free to check out the Golden Nuggets forum in the meantime if you're interested in reading some of the best posts here. I've learned so much by quietly reading older threads and seeing what has and hasn't worked for other polyamorous people.

Greetings Mbalmr71,
Welcome to our forum, now it's official. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

You seem to be an open-minded person and a ready learner. I believe you will be able to have a positive poly journey, just take it in small steps, and check in often with both you and your wife. Also continue learning about poly, here are some links that may help:
If you have any questions let me know.
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back