I think im polyamorous.

Elliexoxo56

Hi, my names Ellie!

Recently I've been looking in to polyamory because I have always thought that loving multiple people is better than loving just one however I didn't know that there was a word for it lol. Any ways, I'm 17 ( 18 in 5 months) and I'm from the UK.

I'm also extremely scared of my new found discovery because I thought I was just "normal" I guess and I've never really questioned anything like this... 😅

Oh and one last thing, I've looked it up on multiple occasions however no results came up for this so I shall ask here instead. Is it still considered polyamorous if you are only interested in men? Like I'm fine with the men I date having other girlfriends however I'm not interested in girls, if that makes sense..

Please be nice to me!!

You can totally be straight and be polyamorous, and don’t let anyone tell you the opposite. Polyamory does _not_ mean that if you are dating two people, they also have to be involved with each other.

Hi Ellie

I'm glad you're getting to know your preferences at a young age. Because of the often adult nature of discussions here, our user guidelines are that participation in the forums is for 18+, so I encourage you to keep yourself safe by putting your account on hold for a while.

If anyone slides into your DMs with any requests for contact/hooking up, please be careful with your responses or engagement with them. Please contact a staff member directly if anyone harasses you.

Please also be aware of the "unicorn hunting" trope wherein a couple attempt to "share a third" - i.e. claim you have to be romantically/sexually involved with both of them, which is even worse when you aren't "allowed" to be alone with either one of them. As you said, you are straight. You shouldn't have to also date another woman to be able to date a man or two or three.

I know you probably don't feel at risk right now, but I encourage you to make good choices to minimise any potential risk.

It is ok to question and figure yourself out. That's one of the age appropriate things to be doing in late teens/early twenties. Getting to know your own young adult self.

I've given this to all my kids.

https://www.scarleteen.com/article/read/all_about_s_e_x_the_scarleteen_book

And the Scarlet Teen forum is pretty good for the age group.

You might start with

Is it still considered polyamorous if you are only interested in men? Like I'm fine with the men I date having other girlfriends however I'm not interested in girls, if that makes sense..

"Polyamorous" means "many loves."

You don't have to be involved with anyone you don't want to be involved with in any way. Group sex is not a requirement of polyamory.

You don't have to date women you are not attracted to just because they also date your future BF.

Just like it is ok for you to be the "hinge" partner in a "V" and have two male dating partners. They don't have to be involved with each other just because they both date you.

And they can have whatever other partners. So long as everyone knows what the deal is up front and consents to be there in a poly network? It's fine.

Galagirl

Last edited:
Greetings Ellie,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Yes, I still consider it polyamorous even though you are only interested in men. The point is, you are in favor of multiple romantic relationships (with consent of course). It is really cool to have you with us, I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back