Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

9:05 p.m., Monday the 31st

We had a cool thunderstorm today. Crazy hail and furious thunder and lightning. Thank gods we don't have to hide Rainee anymore, so she was able to sit at the window and witness the storm. The only drawback is that it turns out we have a leak in one spot of the ceiling. I had to put a dish on the floor to catch the drops. That's all cleared up now though.

Eddie had one more day of Barn Hunt today; after that, Snowbunny started driving towards New Mexico. She talked to Brother-Husband an hour or two ago on the phone, and at that time she was still in Oregon. Hopefully she'll arrive safely in a couple of days ...

5:32 p.m., Tuesday the 1st

I've come down with some kind of bug. I don't think it's Covid -- I got the Pfizer shots. It's not serious, it's just a pain. I *feel* sick, does that make sense? I have an annoyingly runny nose. Also I barely slept at all last night, I got some rest but no sleep. I'm hoping this is a 24-hour thing that will be gone by tomorrow. Please, let it be so?

As of a few hours ago, SB (she talked to BH on the phone) was in Utah. Not sure what part of Utah. She probably won't complete her journey by tonight, but maybe by tomorrow afternoon.

5:32 p.m., Tuesday the 1st

I've come down with some kind of bug. I don't think it's Covid -- I got the Pfizer shots. It's not serious, it's just a pain. I *feel* sick, does that make sense? I have an annoyingly runny nose. Also I barely slept at all last night, I got some rest but no sleep. I'm hoping this is a 24-hour thing that will be gone by tomorrow. Please, let it be so?

As of a few hours ago, SB (she talked to BH on the phone) was in Utah. Not sure what part of Utah. She probably won't complete her journey by tonight, but maybe by tomorrow afternoon.
It’s not uncommon to get sick when moving across country. Sorry you don’t feel well!

8:13 p.m., Wednesday the 2nd

I'm still sick, maybe not *as* sick, but definitely not well. My nose isn't nearly as runny, but it's still not quite out of the woods. Also I have minor aches in various spots throughout my body.

SB arrived here at about 3:00 p.m. today (after starting driving from Moab at about 8:00 a.m.). Our extended stay place is now crowded with a bunch of our stuff. A short time ago, SB dug out some stuff for me: two 500 mg C tablets (chewable), some elderberry liquid extract, one effervescent immune support tablet (for tomorrow), and three generic nyquil softgels (for tonight).

3:44 p.m., Thursday the 3rd

Okay, I think I've gone downhill since my last entry. Last night, while in bed, I had a super bad sore throat develop, and a cough. It hurt when I coughed, and it hurt when I swallowed. And I had to swallow, a lot.

I'm doing better at the moment, although I still have to blow my nose often. I blew my nose right after I got up, and a whole bunch of thick mucus came out. Yummy. Since then, when I blow my nose I just get the watery stuff. I guess that's good?

SB bought me some tea and made me a cup. It's supposed to help with a sore throat. I do feel better at the moment, but I kind of dread going to bed which is usually when my symptoms ramp up. Come on body, get a handle on this thing!

3:47 p.m., Saturday the 5th

I woke up today at about 6:30 a.m., feeling like I was completely done being sick. All of my symptoms had cleared up. I did a pit stop and went back to bed, got up at about 12:30 p.m., and the coughing and runny nose had returned. This is starting to get really frustrating.

3:12 p.m., Monday the 7th

Aaaand ... now BH and SB are both sick. Of course, what else would I expect. Their symptoms aren't quite the same, although we all have varying degrees of a runny nose. My main problem at this point is the coughing. I'll be fine for awhile, then I'll have a dry coughing fit from Hell. Sometimes meds help, depending what I take and when. SB has a migraine and she's taken stuff for it, and it still won't go away.

By the way, this last Thursday, BH and SB did a walkthrough of our new condo. Having viewed it up close and personal, SB says it's adequate for our needs, but unfortunately it's not like, "OMG! I love this place!" She thinks we might live there for about ten years, and then look for another place. Of course, there's always that chance that I myself will fall in love with it ...

3:26 p.m., Wednesday the 9th

Yesterday, SB and I went to a local CVS to get tested for Covid. We should get the results today or tomorrow. I am hoping that we both test negative, as I don't love the idea of additional quarantine. I am feeling better today although I don't seem to be completely done coughing, and even have a trace of the runny nose. SB had me take some Mucinex for that, two or three hours ago. SB's headache has improved, but has not gone away. BH came home from work early as he was feeling extremely sick, extremely tired.

5:47 p.m., Saturday the 12th

I think I'm finally mostly done with this cold, done enough at least that SB is no longer saying that I need to take medications for it. The Covid tests for SB and me came back negative. BH didn't get tested, but I'm pretty sure he would test negative as well. I'm pretty sure he caught whatever I had. Whatever it is, it lasts about a week.

4:43 p.m., Sunday the 13th

BH's and SB's anniversary is tomorrow, but they both work tomorrow, so they're celebrating today. They kind of drove around today, they took Eddie with them so it was just Rainee and me here. They arrived back here at about 4:30 p.m., and at about 6:00 p.m. the three of us will go out to eat. I think we're all pretty much done being sick, but don't quote me on that.

4:10 p.m., Monday the 14th

I'm extra stressed out today, I don't know why. I don't know if it's because we're in the middle of this move. There's a pop culture trivia game tonight, 6:15 p.m. thru 7:30 p.m. ... an hour later than it was when I lived in Washington. Do I wait until it's done to eat dinner? That might be one of the things that's stressing me out. I don't know.

6:05 p.m., Tuesday the 15th

So things worked out reasonably well, and I don't feel as stressed out as I did yesterday. I'm having some struggles, though, trying to keep up on my reading and internet stuff. Sometimes I have to skip things, and I'm not entirely satisfied about that.

4:51 p.m., Wednesday the 16th

About two hours ago, SB criticized me for being too restless. I didn't think I was being more restless than usual, but in the wake of her criticism I became very self-conscious about it. I am now extra stressed-out, and I guess I know why.

3:47 p.m., Thursday the 17th

It is stressful sometimes, living in limbo where three people and two pets share a small space, and where I don't know what it's going to be like when we finally do move into our new (pending) condo. I'm sitting right next to SB who is working from here, and she's on conference call and can't have me playing YouTubes that can be overheard on the call. This is a problem, with the forum, and this will be a problem, on Facebook. So like I said, stressful.

5:01 p.m., Sunday the 20th

I'm becoming desperate to get caught up on my internet stuff -- how desperate is the question. Especially Facebook, I probably have a shitton of notifications there, and that's just for starters. I need to stay up late, but lately that's hard to do.

It's very warm here in New Mexico, mostly upper 90's the past few weeks. Dinner tonight will be microwave burritos and hard cider. That's all I have to tell you for the moment.

4:09 p.m., Monday the 21st

In about a week, we'll have three (more than three?) days with highs only in the 80's. A cold snap! Br-r-r-r-rrr.

I stayed up til about 10:00 p.m. last night. I got somewhat caught up. Probably would have had to go til midnight to get completely caught up; I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Today, from 6:15 p.m. til 7:30 p.m., there'll be the weekly pop culture trivia game. That will have an effect on my ability to catch up. It's looking unlikely tomorrow as well. But we'll see.

For dinner, we're having pizza from Dion's. I also hear tell we'll be having some drinky-drink during the trivia game.

10:50 p.m., Sunday the 27th

Highs during the next couple of days should be in the 70's, and the coming week should be no higher than the 80's.

This week is our final week staying at this extended stay hotel. Finally we get to move into our newly-acquired condo. That does, though, mean that the chaos is going to ramp up at least into next week, as we try to get ourselves, our pets, and our stuff moved into the condo. I don't know how much computer stuff I'll be able to do for a while. Tonight I finally convinced myself to stay up late. I hope to at least visit my Facebook notifications before I turn in.

SB has been getting kind of burned out on the trivia game, plus the timing (6:15 p.m. thru 7:30 p.m.) isn't working out well for us. We're bowing out of tomorrow's game, and after that, we'll see.

4:21 p.m., Monday the 28th

I stayed up last night until about 1:30 a.m., I think I could have gone longer but I didn't want to overly shock my system. Today I'm more stressed-out than usual, but I'm still hoping to stay up late enough tonight to get completely caught up. All except that I didn't play a practice game versus a bot (Naycir). I don't even know how long it's been since my last bot game. It's probably going to be longer, at least until sometime after our moving adventure is complete.

3:41 p.m., Tuesday the 29th

I was not able to talk myself into staying up late last night. Little things about all three of us living in one room, are one of the reasons I have for not staying up late. Reasons, justifications, or excuses. I don't know.

SB might take me to get a haircut today. Hopefully we'll at least get out and do something. Sometimes this computer stuff gets depressing.

11:53 a.m., Thursday the 1st

I expect the chaos to ramp up mightily today, however BH and SB are both working so things won't really heat up until 4:00 p.m. or 5:00 p.m.

I got up earlier than usual today, but I feel pretty crappy. I've been skipping my book reading and Chess stuff in the effort to catch up on everything else. With mixed results.

This may be my last entry for awhile, I don't know how crazy things are going to get, but, pretty crazy best case scenario.

I did get a haircut on Tuesday. That went pretty well.

Back