Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

5:38 p.m., Monday the 19th

Some plumbers came over today, replaced some of our fixtures, and installed a new hot water tank. So that's one more bit of chaos behind us. The next big one will be when we get our flooring replaced; not looking forward to that although I'm sure it'll be nice when it's done.

From this Thursday until I believe Monday, Snowbunny will be gone going to a Barn Hunt event in California. So it'll just be me and Brother-Husband in the house. Which I guess is a mixed blessing, I always get a little extra stressed-out when things (are going to) deviate from the routine. On the other hand, I like that when Brother-Husband is at work, I'll have the house to myself.

6:10 p.m., Tuesday the 20th

SB and I just got back from taking Eddie on a walk. The forecast said rain, even a flash flood warning, but it isn't raining yet. Today has been a little extra stressful, but I don't know why.

3:40 p.m., Wednesday the 21st

A guy is supposed to be coming over today to work on our internet connection. But I don't know, he was supposed to be here at 3:00 p.m.

SB will be leaving early tomorrow morning. I suppose she'll be packing tonight.

Rainee is currently sitting on my desk, looking out the window.

This concludes my riport.

4:41 p.m., Thursday the 22nd

The internet guy came over, it looks like he fixed our problem, by resetting our internet.

While SB is gone, it will be my job to feed Rainee (lunch and dinner). I've already taken on the job of (once every four days) refilling her night feeder. During the day, she gets a quarter can of wet food, mixed with fiber from a capsule, and half of a crushed pill for hyperthyroid. I tried to do all that out in the kitchen and it was really hard, she kept trying to get at the dish of food before it was ready. From now on I'll prepare it in my bathroom with the door closed.

I'm extra stressed-out today, and extra hungry. This concludes my riport.

4:40 p.m., Friday the 23rd

We had a nice, wicked little thunderstorm today, we would not have had that in Washington. There was a flash flood warning and it was really coming down there for a while, but not for too long. The next two days are only supposed to get up into the 80's.

For dinner last night, BH got us pizza from Dion's. Really really good.

1:51 p.m., Saturday the 24th

Alas, dinner last night wasn't so special, BH had a TV dinner. Luckily there was some leftover chili for me. BH isn't a chili person, he doesn't care for beans.

We did watch a movie on TV -- Coming 2 America.

2:46 p.m., Sunday the 25th

For dinner yesterday, BH and I went out to a Chinese restaurant we used to frequent the last time we lived in Albuquerque. The place is called the Rising Star. It is about a ten-minute drive away. The food and the service are both exceptionally good.

After we got home, a little after 8:00 p.m., we watched the movie "Sound of Metal." Good show. Not like your average show. Tonight probably won't be so special. It is a worknight for BH, so we probably won't watch anything on TV.

Tomorrow, SB should be flying home from California. I think she is also taking Tuesday off. Since we moved, she has been made a contractor for the credit union, so she lost all her benefits, and doesn't get paid if she takes a day off. Her boss took the matter to the CEO, and they are talking about fully reinstating her. Knock on wood.

4:41 p.m., Monday the 26th

We didn't watch anything last night, and we didn't eat out, but BH made a nice creamy chicken and pasta dinner, plus we had Caesar salads.

I expect BH to get home in about an hour. And hopefully SB will get home not long after that.

5:14 p.m., Tuesday the 27th

BH got home yesterday before 5:00 p.m. ... SB got home around 7:30 p.m. and brought Chinese takeout.

Today, SB is moving all of my files from OneDrive into Google Drive. It's a big huge change, and very stressful. Once the process is done, I will no longer use Microsoft File Explorer. I'll use an internet tab instead.

Too much change.

3:05 p.m., Wednesday the 28th

We're currently in the process of uploading all my stuff to Google Drive. I am slowly digesting the idea of working with the new format. It has more in common with how SB does things than File Explorer, and it's a lot less expensive than OneDrive. That and the fact that OneDrive was spamming me with "On This Day Memories" emails, and I couldn't seem to make it stop. Those are the main reasons why I'm making this change. Once I get used to the new system, things will probably be fine.

You _can_ get an app that lets you treat Google drive like just another drive on your computer, which would be a bit less change.

2:21 p.m., Thursday the 29th

Well yes, but as I said, it would be less like how SB does things. I am trying to get more in sync with SB, so that when I need her help, she will have an easier time being a more effective helper. Let's say I'm trying to get as much needful change over with at one time as possible. I could still change my mind of course. It depends on how easy/difficult it is to manage/sort/edit/view/create/delete files on the web page. We'll see. We haven't got to that part of the process yet.

Change is my kryptonite.

6:20 p.m., Friday the 30th

Earlier today, I selected "archive" on an email -- a digital receipt -- only then to realize that the archive "folder" (whatever folder in this case means) was missing, and the email receipt had disappeared. I then asked SB for help, and she kind of got cross with me. She said she couldn't help me until she got done with work, which is certainly reasonable, but trust me, she was cross about it, which as a result I got super stressed, receiving the unspoken message that I was not to remind her later that I needed help, I would just have to hope that she remembered. Then, later, she got done with work and I got lucky, she did remember, and her mood was much improved. She was not able to restore the archive folder for me, but she was able to restore the lost email receipt for me. We agreed that in the future, I would use a workaround for emails I want to archive, I would just move them to a special folder that I had created. That's fine, just so I know what to do.

In theory, she could probably reinstall Windows Mail and get the archive folder back that way, but that was way more involved than what she wanted to do, and I was okay with that, so we just agreed on the workaround. I then said I still needed help getting started with Google Drive, and she was like, "Later." Which I was okay with, she was not cross and I felt confident that I could ask her again later, perhaps tomorrow. In the meantime, she advised me not to create, delete, or edit any existing files, which is actually okay. If I need to edit something, I'm pretty sure I can save the edited version to my desktop without disturbing any uploaded material, which I'm quite confident is what she had in mind. Just letting you know, whoever reads this, that my blissful poly life is not perfect, that it has its dysfunctions, and that this is what my blissful poly life is like. One small part of it anyway. I think we're having sloppy joes for dinner, which sounds yummy.

4:02 p.m., Saturday the 31st

Now that I'm wrapping up my forum activity today, I'm going to ask SB for help on Google Drive. Earlier, she and BH were out running various kinds of errands I suppose. SB said they were only partially successful. I guess that's all I have to tell you for the moment. Dinner last night was really good. It included steak fries.

SB just now came in offering help. This concludes my riport.

2:31 p.m., Sunday the 1st

Huh. Well unless I want to start syncing, in order to go back to using File Explorer -- and I don't -- there's things I'm going to have to live without in order to use Google Drive on a web page. It's kind of like crippleware, there's quite a few things you can do in File Explorer that you can't do on a Google Drive web page. But I've thought it over, and decided I can live with that at least for now. I still use File Explorer on a limited basis, such as to save drafts for this forum. I prefer to use Notepad for creating new text files, and Notepad isn't available on the Google Drive web page. So I create the new files on my desktop, then upload from there.

If I need to make minor changes to a file later, I can either use a kind of adware on Google Drive, or I can download the file from Google Drive, make the desired changes, then upload. It's not perfect but I can live with it, I don't alter files very often. Now my Kindle books can't be opened from Google Drive, so at some point I'll have to download my Books folder. I'm not in a big hurry, it's not like I need to reread anything at this time. For the forum, I compose on Notepad (in a drafts folder on my desktop), then copy/paste. So there I don't need to upload.

My concern now is getting caught up on this forum (posting this entry should complete that task), on FetLife (doesn't take long), and on Facebook (which takes a few hours, usually). I'm hungry but I'm trying to fast until dinnertime. This concludes my riport.

4:10 p.m., Monday the 2nd

For dinner SB prepared fish for us, it was really good. She also prepared slices of squash for us, and cooked seasoned potato slices in the oven which I especially liked.

I had occasion to do a bot game, as Black versus the Chess engine at 1300. It wasn't what I'd call a perfect game, at one point I mistakenly gave up a rook for a mere bishop. But I got lucky and won, which means I have won (as both White and Black) against all the 1300 bots, and next on the menu is a 1400 game. Should be interesting ...

4:13 p.m., Tuesday the 3rd

We had an afternoon thundershower today. July and August are "the monsoon season" in Albuquerque, during which we often get afternoon thundershowers. In about three weeks, the contractors will come over and redo our flooring. There will be three days of extreme chaos while they do that. I'm trying not to think about it ...

SB has opened some of our windows, and gave the air conditioning a break.

4:41 p.m., Thursday the 5th

The forum has been extra busy lately, I am having a hard time catching up on it and my other internet things. Two days ago, I went with SB to do some shopping, and that was enjoyable but it did set me further behind. While we were out, we shopped at our local Total Wine, and that was extra enjoyable. We got some new things to try, we tried some Scotch yesterday, and we'll try something tomorrow.

We got some new things to try, we tried some Scotch yesterday, and we'll try something tomorrow.
Ooo, which scotch? I'm a bit of a fan and love trying different ones.

Back