Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

1:29 p.m., Sunday the 11th

Snowbunny got home yesterday (from Barn Hunt trial/competition) at a little after 4:00 p.m., and Brother Husband got home (from work) about an hour later. Snowbunny and I ate out; Brother-Husband wanted to stay home, and just asked us to bring him takeout. We had sushi at a place (right by Albertsons) called Sushiya. Good stuff, and not too expensive. For BH they made pork fried rice (with egg drop soup).

BH has Sundays (and Mondays) off, and Eddie had Barn Hunt again today, so BH (and Ginger) went there with SB (and Eddie). They'll probably be later getting home tonight, so I don't know what we'll do for dinner. I'd like to eat out again of course, with takeout being my second-favorite option. We have alcohol here, and I'd love to have some, but I'm under strict orders to refrain.

BH and I did not watch any episodes yesterday. I don't know whether we will today.

2:04 p.m., Monday the 12th

BH and SB (and the dogs) got home a little after 7:00 p.m. yesterday. They brought takeout for dinner, from a local chain called Grassburger. It's pretty exceptional. SB and I had green chili turkeyburgers, BH had a mushroom Swiss. BH and SB had sweet potato fries, I had regular fries. BH was tired out from Barn Hunt, so we didn't watch anything.

Today, the plan for SB and me is to go shopping at about 6:00 p.m., I need nuts, creamer, body wash, orange juice, Diet Mountain Dew, and possibly a few other things.

1:43 p.m., Tuesday the 13th

For dinner last night SB prepared salmon, ramen noodles, and green beans. I liked the noodles, and the salmon was super good. I had seconds.

SB and I went shopping at Smith's; they had an alcohol section and SB let me pick out a butterscotch liqueur. I'm drinking some right now.

12:59 p.m., Wednesday the 14th

For dinner last night, SB heated up some TV dinners. Not my favorite, but it wasn't bad. Today, SB has to go pick up a prescription, at CVS I think, and I get to come along for the ride. It'll be nice to get out of the house.

4:16 p.m., Thursday the 15th

Yesterday's dinner was leftovery things, but pretty good stuff, I had leftover crab and salmon. I did also have leftover green beans, which didn't excite me so much, but it was okay. It sounds like today's dinner will be tacos, I asked for beans instead of meat on mine and SB is accommodating my request. A little after 4:30 p.m. today, SB will take Ginger to a weekly puppy class, and I will go with. Dinner will be after we get back.

3:57 p.m., Friday the 16th

So I guess the plan for dinner tonight is, that SB will use the leftover taco fillings, and attempt to make burritos. This appeals to me -- I like burritos a lot -- but I know they're hard to fold. So who knows how that will work out.

2:31 p.m., Saturday the 17th

Well it worked out more as, not so much a burrito as more a soft-shelled taco. Which was fine with me, I got seconds, and piled the (second) tortilla too high to pick it up.

12:35 p.m., Sunday the 18th

For dinner yesterday, we had pizza from Dion's. For tonight, SB is planning to do a dish with sausage. Yesterday, SB did a lot of work in the backyard. BH did some too, after he got home from work. They are doing some more today. BH is planning for him and me to watch a Stranger Things episode tonight after dinner.

3:41 p.m., Monday the 19th

We still didn't watch that Stranger Things episode, BH is saying tonight for sure (even though it's a worknight).

The sausage I spoke of yesterday, didn't turn out to be overly popular. SB made a point to say that when temperatures get cooler, she will order some stuff from Kowalski.

SB gave me some cannabis gummies yesterday, so I'm having some today. It's working well, really well ... not sure how coherent I am. SB and I are reportedly grocery shopping in about an hour, then getting takeout for dinner. Here's hoping the plan doesn't change!

4:11 p.m., Tuesday the 20th

Last night, apparently shortly before 8:00 p.m., my father (Elwood) died. He had been doing better for maybe a week, and then he had started gaining downhill momentum, and, well let's just say I'm glad it didn't drag on any further. His funeral will be one week from today (the 27th), so I have another whirlwind trip to Utah to anticipate. No offense, but funerals aren't my jam.

Sorry about your loss. It sounds similar to my mom's last days. For terminally ill people, not suffering too much at the end is really a blessing.

1:40 p.m., Wednesday the 21st

It's for the best that he went pretty quickly, his quality of life just wasn't there anymore.

1:40 p.m., Thursday the 22nd

I'll be here (in New Mexico) for three more days. On Monday I fly out to Utah. The funeral is on Tuesday. On Wednesday I fly back to Albuquerque. Talk about a whirlwind trip. I'm just glad I won't be away from Rainee for as many nights as I was on my last trip.

3:30 p.m., Friday the 23rd

I heard (second hand) that there has been some conflict between Elwood's widow and some of my siblings (Elwood's kids) about how the funeral will be handled. The latest news is that there will be two funerals: one in which I and my siblings can speak, and one in which non-siblings can speak. I don't know the details of this drama, I suppose I'll hear more while I'm in Utah. It's times like these when I'm glad I don't live in Utah, I'm glad this'll only be a three-day trip, and I wish I could get out of it altogether. Yeah, why just have a funeral, when you can have a dramatic funeral? a dramatic double funeral yet.

12:56 p.m., Saturday the 24th

From what little I've heard so far, Elwood's widow (I guess we'll call her Dora) didn't want any of Elwood's biological kids to participate in the funeral. I take it that didn't go over real well with the kids. The scandal got explosive enough that it went into mediation. So now there's going to be two funerals -- and two viewings as well. Gods, that's going to be a long day.

4:34 p.m., Sunday the 25th

I guess there's actually going to be three viewings. I don't know what all I'll be expected to attend. I'll for sure be expected to attend the funeral in which his kids will participate. I've been asked to give the closing prayer (I think closing?), and they are hoping I'll do it in the style of our late Uncle Earl. I honestly hope to do it, and to do a good job. But yeah, there's some pressure there.

3:24 p.m., Thursday the 29th

So the trip to Utah is now completely done, Elwood has had his two funerals and three viewings, and thank gods I didn't have to be at all five events. I was there for two of the viewings and one of the funerals. I gave the prayer at the end of the second viewing, and that went well. People complimented me on it. As for the one funeral I attended -- the funeral the kids put together -- I was surprised at how pleasing it was to me. I thought it was even better than Uncle Earl's funeral (a number of years ago). As for the second funeral, I only heard snippets of it, plus the reviews people gave of it when it was over. From that information, I gathered that it was dry, preachy, and not really focused on Elwood. Maybe that's okay, if one funeral wasn't in the style that would please him, the other funeral would be. Or maybe he would like both funerals, if they were both good for him in different ways.

I didn't hear a lot more about the scandal that generated the extra funeral, but apparently Dora produced a document that she claimed Elwood authored and signed -- a document forbidding his biological children from participating in his funeral. I said I'd be interested in seeing a copy of that document myself, but I was advised against it, and I didn't push the matter. From my siblings' descriptions, the style of writing was completely unlike anything Elwood would write. At the most, Dora composed it, and either got Elwood to sign it when he had just had a heavy dose of morphine, or forged his signature. I should add that this wouldn't be the first time Dora had been caught in a lie. She's just not an honest person; compulsive liar is how I put it when talking to my (mother and) siblings.

I'm glad I went, but I'm also glad it's over.

3:24 p.m., Thursday the 29th

So the trip to Utah is now completely done, Elwood has had his two funerals and three viewings, and thank gods I didn't have to be at all five events. I was there for two of the viewings and one of the funerals. I gave the prayer at the end of the second viewing, and that went well. People complimented me on it. As for the one funeral I attended -- the funeral the kids put together -- I was surprised at how pleasing it was to me. I thought it was even better than Uncle Earl's funeral (a number of years ago). As for the second funeral, I only heard snippets of it, plus the reviews people gave of it when it was over. From that information, I gathered that it was dry, preachy, and not really focused on Elwood. Maybe that's okay, if one funeral wasn't in the style that would please him, the other funeral would be. Or maybe he would like both funerals, if they were both good for him in different ways.

I didn't hear a lot more about the scandal that generated the extra funeral, but apparently Dora produced a document that she claimed Elwood authored and signed -- a document forbidding his biological children from participating in his funeral. I said I'd be interested in seeing a copy of that document myself, but I was advised against it, and I didn't push the matter. From my siblings' descriptions, the style of writing was completely unlike anything Elwood would write. At the most, Dora composed it, and either got Elwood to sign it when he had just had a heavy dose of morphine, or forged his signature. I should add that this wouldn't be the first time Dora had been caught in a lie. She's just not an honest person; compulsive liar is how I put it when talking to my (mother and) siblings.

I'm glad I went, but I'm also glad it's over.
This all seems bizarre and a little sad too. From someone who does not want any funeral, I think this much is excessive and really over the top. I’m glad you got through it!

1:08 p.m., Friday the 30th

I have to remember that Elwood chose to marry Dora. She made him happy, and that's what matters. I didn't like the idea of two funerals, but that turned out to be a good idea. So, in the end, I am not complaining, as strange as the journey was.

4:02 p.m., Saturday the 1st

I just got back a little while ago, from doing errands with SB. No takeout today for dinner; SB is going to prepare some Indian food for us. I haven't got caught up on Facebook since before my trip to Utah. I suppose it's possible I could catch up today.

Back