LSB Weight Loss Daily Goals and Accomplishments

Jane: I am looking forward to a new decade too!I wasn't quite sure of a good terminology but decade is great.

I started in the 8s-9s so haven't had a flash of a 0 yet. It is still a bit hard to say what my weekly loss was due to my scales having the "lo" battery sign flashing for almost 2 weeks. But it looks like around 1.5lbs. If I take my highest start weight I am down 7lbs in 6 weeks. The overall trend is definitely down.

My 2 year fitbit log says this is the weight I get to and then it creeps back up.I think I am eating much better overall and have lost a lot of interest in the sweet stuff which I am hoping will help me break the decade barrier.

.8lbs.

I looked at the scale and did a total WTF! this morning. I got on, got off, got on again, and it looked like I had put on 9lbs over night! It took me more than a moment to realize I had broken the decade barrier and the tens number had changed :eek::eek:
Hey, I weigh myself before coffee. :p

I went upstairs and put "the" pair of jeans on and rocked casual Friday on a Monday. I did not feel cut in two, there won't be any red lines. I am still muffin top in them but last time I tried it was too muffin to wear a t-shirt, the muffin stuck out too far. But I wore one of my regular shirts and I think it looked fine!

My next goal is the grey work pants. So about 5 more lbs.

I did go to the gym on Saturday but not Sunday as the kids and I went out for the day.

Last edited:
Way to go, Atlantis!

I hit 60lbs today! :D

Way to go Vicki! Most impressive.

My Friday weigh in has me down 1.8lbs this week.

Way to go Vicki! Most impressive.

My Friday weigh in has me down 1.8lbs this week.

I did a Thursday weigh in and I am either up 2 lbs or stayed the same. This electronic scale business in annoying.
I tried moving it from the tiled kitchen to the tiled bathroom so the surfaces are flat but still it can vary up to 4lbs + .
I had a good week of eating so not taking any of it to heart.

Have you tried changing the batteries? I think that is often the culprit when it doesn't measure the same.

I forget when I weighed last but I am now down 64.2 lbs. I decided to go look for some new clothes at the thrift store. I've spent the whole summer in dresses and my jeans are too big.

On one hand it felt good to get some new things. On the other, it reminded me how far I still have to go and that I still feel fat. I don't look all that different to myself. But I'm more than halfway there, shouldn't I feel it? I want to lose enough ~55lbs or so. When I was at that weight before, I wore a size 10. When I started, I think I was around a 24-26. I'm currently at an 18. I don't know that losing 55lbs is going to bring me down to a size 10, that feels like a lot.

I just still didn't like the way I look in the mirror. And that was kind of surprising, since I don't often worry about my appearance and I wasn't losing weight for my appearance but so that I don't die. I had flattering clothes at my large size and I know my partners love me and are attracted to me... so why do I feel worse than I did before?

Vicki: I though I sent you a PM but I think it was eaten by the captcha monster :(

I am probably mostly the same weight. But I am learning not to eat anything even vaguely salty before my weigh in on Friday. I don't even enjoy salty food, in fact I avoid it because I don't like it. But prepackaged food is inherently salty. So even if my calories have been good all week any gains are lost in the scale My weekly wight is lowest on Tuesday or Wednesday. If I ate even a bit of processed food after 5pm then my numbers are screwed up. I just ate some salty bar food, so my weigh in tomorrow is also screwed. For me, it takes about 2 days to drop a salty food meal. But damn if I didn't just hugely enjoy a few salty nibbles.

Vicki: I though I sent you a PM but I think it was eaten by the captcha monster :(

I am probably mostly the same weight. But I am learning not to eat anything even vaguely salty before my weigh in on Friday. I don't even enjoy salty food, in fact I avoid it because I don't like it. But prepackaged food is inherently salty. So even if my calories have been good all week any gains are lost in the scale My weekly wight is lowest on Tuesday or Wednesday. If I ate even a bit of processed food after 5pm then my numbers are screwed up. I just ate some salty bar food, so my weigh in tomorrow is also screwed. For me, it takes about 2 days to drop a salty food meal. But damn if I didn't just hugely enjoy a few salty nibbles.

Would love to hear from you, but I didn't get it unfortunately.

I'm surprised you are so sodium sensitive, but that's good to know! It's not real weight gain anyway.

Vicki: The captcha monster gets me regularly :(

I have never considered myself to be "sodium sensitive" but after reading a ton on the reddit " loseit" pages and mostly daily tracking...the 2 days after a salty and/or processed food I really hold water.

I ate waaaaaay to much sugar today so will avoid a weigh in tomorrow. I have a sweet tooth and usually can easily ignore salty. I know that eating a lot of carbs can make a person hold more water so I am extrapolating that sugar can too.

My weight is holding the same, slightly above the decade again. I am back to serious tracking and holding on to the fact that I cannot eat more than 1,200 calories per day and expect to lose weight. The sweet treats mean I had to stop eating after lunch. But lunch was very good and my late morning snack/meal was also good. I am not hungry.

I have some great sweet recipes on my blog that are healthy, if you like I'll share them.

I sent you a PM with contact details, if that is helpful :)

Gym membership, new shoes, and a D-type with a thing for fitness. Yet another new go at this weight loss thing lol.

First time going to the gym on a work morning. It felt really good! Like I've got all this time that I used doing something good for me rather than just waiting for it to be work o'clock.

Evie: Do whatever you can when you can!

I think it mostly the CICO for weightloss but the gym for feeling good.

I hit the gym twice this weekend but it is virtually impossible for me to do weekdays. Whatever. I feel flexible and strong for a couple of days.

My scale is just awful. There was an 8lb variance today and it is getting too cold to be naked in the kitchen at 5am. I think I am about the same which is not bad for the horrendous birthday month that is October.

My scale has recovered from whatever brain farts it was having and I realized I have very little leeway in CICO.
Back to under the decade.

The weight loss has slowed down but the exercise/toning has picked up.

I hit a new low of 138# this week (and then promptly rebounded) but SOOOO much better than 171# (I'm 5 ft 3 in).

The Barre class last week just about killed me! I was sore (in a good way) for 3 days). [Used to be "Off-the-Barre" but then then installed a barre...] Unfortunately I jacked up my neck/upper back this week but it seems to be resolving.

I am still doing "dirty" Keto - and, given that I am down 33# in 14 months, I am going to continue. Unfortunately, my friend who got me into it (SLeW) fell off the wagon a few months ago and gained everything back plus some. :( She is now doing Weight Watchers with a coach - I hope it works.

I still don't know what I am aiming for - a weight? a shape? a size? - will I know when I get there? I want to get myself a "prize" (another tattoo) for when I hit my goal (or the next incremental goal?) - but I don't know what that is!

(PS. still loving the tattoo I got in February! I like it everytime I see it in the mirror)

I need to stay away from the scales. One good number and suddenly I'm eating everything in sight. What's with the self sabotage?

But I reckon I can get to the gym tomorrow, Saturday and all, before I drive across the country (narrow country). Sunday I'll be there so not an option but Monday I can also go. 5 out of 7 days ain't bad, right?

I'm about ready to ask the nice young man in the gym for a program.

I've been stalled for a while, but it's my own fault. Things have come up that involve food/alcohol, and I chose to enjoy those things rather than focus on my weight loss goal. I don't really feel guilt or distress about it because I am going to get right back on the wagon, and it's all about the journey. I'm holding at just over 65# lost.

Jane, if SLeW would like a Nutrisystem referral, let me know. I have some hookups for getting the program pretty cheaply, and the convenience food helps kickstart things sometimes. Just a thought. Sounds like you are doing great though! It's especially hard to keep going when your support buddy derails.

Back