"Main Page"

Somegeezer

I was just wondering at what point will there actually be a main page for this site? Not complaining, I love the forum, I just wanted to know. Seeing as the description of this "articles" thread. Made me curious as to what the plans were for one and when exactly we'd expect to see it?

It has been talk since the Stone Age. For it to actually happen there would have to be a sort of magazine staff assembled (if there is to be a web-based magazine, as once dreamed of). That is, it will need an editor or editors, proofreaders, fact checkers ... call it "Quality Control". Back in the Stone Age I was involved in the discussion, being that I was a moderator on the fora then. Now I'm out of the loop and suspect the current crop of mods don't think so highly of me anymore. (Which is why I don't expect to be in the loop.)

The original plan was an all-volunteer staff. That means everyone has a workably small portion of time to offer and no single person has to carry too large a burden of responsibility. There are intelligent ways to work this out.

It has been talk since the Stone Age. For it to actually happen there would have to be a sort of magazine staff assembled (if there is to be a web-based magazine, as once dreamed of). That is, it will need an editor or editors, proofreaders, fact checkers ... call it "Quality Control". Back in the Stone Age I was involved in the discussion, being that I was a moderator on the fora then. Now I'm out of the loop and suspect the current crop of mods don't think so highly of me anymore. (Which is why I don't expect to be in the loop.)

The original plan was an all-volunteer staff. That means everyone has a workably small portion of time to offer and no single person has to carry too large a burden of responsibility. There are intelligent ways to work this out.
Well I'd certainly like to see something happen with that. I think if enough went into it, that we could even up the traffic to the site and perhaps help even more people with poly and such.

FINALLY! A job I'm most suited for! Proofreader! lol

If the call goes out I'll gladly offer up a few hours a week as proofreader :).

There used to be a "Suggestions" thread somewhere. I can't find it anymore. There were some suggestions that we were told would be implemented at the next upgrade of forum software or something, but that was months ago and as far as I can tell, I don't think the upgrade happened.

Ha! Easy, Tiger.

Far as I know, no one, myself included, took the lead on organizing that writing/editing staff, though several mods really did their homework to prepare for the technical changes (myself not included; I perused). Of course it is ultimately up to the site owner, Olivier.

Stone Age? Traveling fast. :)
-Rachel

Far as I know, no one, myself included, took the lead on organizing that writing/editing staff, ...

I'd take such a lead now, but I highly doubt my efforts are wanted by the current mods, or even Olivier. Anyhow, there is some inertia in the system. Some bright and enthusiastic cheer leaders are needed.:)

Back