Mourning my lost relationships & looking forward

JR & I had out own Superbowl party tonight. We rooted for the Chiefs to win so JR's stupid-visors to loose LOTS OF MONEY. WOO HOO THEY DID!!

Today is my 1 year anniversary with JR! It's strange, there are moments where I cannot believe it has been a year. And then I look back and think of all the heartbreak and go, yeah it feels much longer.

JR & I celebrated it last night cause we knew we'd have Valentine's day to make extra special.

Tonight was a great Valentine's date. JR told me that probably on Monday he will be taking advantage of the President's day sales and get a car. So this is the second check off of his list. After this he will be calling apartments to set up viewings. He wants me to go with him to "kick the tires" so to speak. I have some experience with doing remodels, so I will point things out that might be a problem.

I want him to get a great apartment. Much better than the place he has now. Flooding (both from inside & out), loud, inconsiderate, asshole, cockroach infested upstairs tenants. Not to mention the tension in the apartment as well.

JR is currently working on another part of his personal TO DO list. Getting a new car. He is looking at a Subaru Acsent or something similar. He hopes to check this off sometime this week, taking advantage of the President week car sales.

Tomorrow we plan on our semi-regular having lunch. YAY!

He is looking at a Subaru Acsent or something similar.

I don't know anything about the Ascent but we always have a Subaru in rotation - it was MrS's "condition" if I insist on staying in PA (which I do!:rolleyes:). My current beater is a 2002 Subaru Forester (which is the only car that I have ever bought new) with studded snow-tires (I live off the beaten path). One of Dude's "project cars" is a 2005 STI WRX. (We also have a 2001 Forester that will no longer pass PA state inspection but runs - "Farm Vehicle" anyone?)

I don't know anything about the Ascent but we always have a Subaru in rotation - it was MrS's "condition" if I insist on staying in PA (which I do!:rolleyes:). My current beater is a 2002 Subaru Forester (which is the only car that I have ever bought new) with studded snow-tires (I live off the beaten path). One of Dude's "project cars" is a 2005 STI WRX. (We also have a 2001 Forester that will no longer pass PA state inspection but runs - "Farm Vehicle" anyone?)

He changed his mind on the Ascent. He says it's "too big" & "don't need seats for 8 people". I think he's going for the Crosstrek. He is keeping me in the dark of what it actually is. I think he wants to have a TA-DAH moment. LOL. His description right now is "5 seater with a hatch back. Not the Forester or Outback." And he is doing a 'lease to own' option like he did with his Impreza.

Last edited:
JR finally chose a 2020 Subaru Legacy. Another check has been off his TO-DO list. Slowly but surely things are moving along. He plans on looking at apartments in March. He says that he plans on being out of his current apartment by mid April.

I personally have been dealing with my little PTSD monsters through all this stress. There always seem to be little SNAFUs happening making the steps take longer than originally planned. Which make the demons of relationships past rear their ugly voices generally telling me that JR is lying & is not actually going to do what he says he will. I have no proof & he has done everything he says he is doing. I hate that my brain goes on overdrive and I feel bad that I think this way. I wish I could shut them up. And so far it hasn't gotten too bad.

Last edited:
JR & I had a nice lunch date today. His car is GORGEOUS!!! Sleek black with a gray interior.

He apologized that this step took much longer than he had originally anticipated. He had to be on the dealership's butt about transferring his plates to the new car.
I teared up when he said that & I told him that I appreciate that he had said that. He tries his hardest not to give my brain any sort of fodder to go batty. I gave him an example of what it's like when that happens. It's like when in the prom scene in Carrie after the blood is dropped on her. All the voices saying things that are not necessarily true, but are mumbling in the background and hard to get rid of. JR has done nothing wrong, and my issues are not his problems. But he knows and we will work together to get through them.

Craft fair season has started early this year. But not the way I had expected. I didn't make my table fee. Even though I tried a new product for me, lavender essential oil infused 97% isopropyl alcohol hand sanitizer, NONE SOLD. 2 bars of soap total. There were 2 other soapmakers there, which I do not mind. What I DO mind is both of them were spouting bullshit that their soaps could treat acne, eczema, psoriasis ETC. One lady sold a customer a eucalyptus room spray for $12, saying that it would kill the Coronavirus. I felt like going over there & saying "No, you will have eucalyptus Coronavirus is what you'll have." GAH it just boils my blood that I am doing everything to the FDA requirements. But these DUMBASSES just get away with it.

Loving in the era of COVID-19

*sigh*
Dating at this time is scary and upsetting at the same time. Last Friday we grabbed sushi & ate it, very carefully, in the car. We don't go anywhere we might be in large crowds, just to be safe.
And now partially due to a combo of stress & early allergies. I now have laryngitis. So I sound very gravelly. I sat everyone down in the house to explain why I am coughing and I do not have COVID-19.

I know if the Sept implosion w/Angela hadn't happened, she would be demanding that I not to see JR OR come over at all. Now that I think about it I am surprised that JR hasn't said that she is making a big stink about him & I having our lunch dates. She is a HUGE germaphobe & now that Marion is living in the house there has to be precautions. That I understand completely since I also live with my mom.

Update after my sales since the disastrous event
My mom's friend bought a hand sanitizer. And tonight my niece's fiance has bought 2 soaps & a sanitizer. He also agreed to give out my business cards to his coworkers at the post office. I also found a great info-graphic about how plain soap helps combat COVID-19. I plan on printing it out and having it on my table so I do not have to repeat it to my customers. A picture is worth 1000 words, but this has both.

Today we had a swanky hooky nooky day. We got a really nice business suite in a hotel. I got him caught up on some Outlander. He's on season 2, episode 6. He's got alot of catching up to do. But I love seeing his reactions.

We also took time to look at some more apartment listings. I told him that I am getting antsy & impatient about his move. But I also know that he wants to get everything just right. He made some bad apartment choices in the past, he doesn't want to repeat them. Ahh relationships that compromises ya have to make lol.

Mom bought a sanitizer on Sunday. And I gave my 2oz. personal spray sanitizer to JR today. He said he'd tell his coworkers about it. So many people are putting out the word that I have product. I just hope things pan out. 3 out of 9 total sold so far.

My next event is on the first weekend in May. Unfortunately, in NY the max people that can be at an event is 50. And at the last time I checked the current outlook for self isolation ends that weekend. I hope the event isn't canceled, possibly postponed to the next weekend. Fingers-crossed.

Because I gave JR my personal travel sized hand sanitizer he was able to sell a normal sized one to one of his coworkers. I am very excited. Tomorrow I will be setting up to make more inventory for future events, and to keep myself sane. I am calling it creative release.
It's either do this or give in to the urge to snap Elaine's head off. In this pandemic, would she be buying things for the entire house? NO. Ok will the things she is buying be good for herself or kids? NO, it's mainly junkfood. SMDH I cannot figure it out. I know how easy it is to give in to a screaming kid that wants something that isn't really good for them. But resisting that is called PARENTING. and it doesn't need to be done with both parents present. But I am the younger than her, so I know nothing.

I am angry at the situation, not the people

I was awakened by my mom this morning by her telling me that Angela has been posting on FB that she had been diagnosed with step throat after going to the doctor after developing a sore throat & a low grade fever on Saturday. But yesterday she also posted that she had been exposed to COVID-19 sometime during this past week, since a coworker tested positive. So she was tested for COVID-19 as well. I know this cause Mom & Angela are still Facebook friends

JR had told me that 2 of his coworkers also tested positive for it as well, on Friday. But he wasn't told about it until he received a text from work about it this morning. To be safe, they are giving all employees the test, because they are all considered essential workers as they are part of the Public Water Works for the county we are in.

So now JR & I are now keeping a 14 day quarantine from each other to be safe. NYS already has placed all non-essential workers to stay at home anyway. But we have made the personal commitment as well due to him having the possibility of 3 exposures.

From snooping on my mom's FB, no answer about Angela's test yet. But it seems that Angela is steadily getting worse. JR is fine & I have no word about Marion. Only time will tell now.

JR texted me this morning, it is official, Angela has COVID-19. She has a moderate infection and is still at home. Now JR is worrying about Marion. He has been doing a full clean of the apartment before going to work today. He is considered an essential worker for the county WDP. He works about 5 blocks away from the apartment currently, so he can go back & make sure everyone is fed.

Nothing for me to do but stay where I am, pray and wait. My heart breaks for what he is going through.

I thought if one person in the house had it, the entire house had to quarantine for 14 days to prevent spread? A coworker's wife was exposed so his entire house was told to quarantine for 14 days regardless of whether they are symptomatic, or essential workers? If his employer has 50-500 employees, they have to pay him to stay home. He needs to check with his county health dept and employer.

I thought if one person in the house had it, the entire house had to quarantine for 14 days to prevent spread? A coworker's wife was exposed so his entire house was told to quarantine for 14 days regardless of whether they are symptomatic, or essential workers? If his employer has 50-500 employees, they have to pay him to stay home. He needs to check with his county health dept and employer.

As far as I know as an essential worker he is required to work. When his 2 coworkers tested positive on Friday of last week, the entire building was tested. He does not have it.
__________________________________________________________________________________

I have since told everyone in my own household about Angela's diagnosis. Unfortunately, when confronted with any type of illness my niece Amanda will worry herself into getting sick. So now she is complaining that she isn't feeling well. Cause she is afraid that I have brought it into the house cause it's now been week since I last saw JR.
The rate of incubation for it is 2-14 days after exposure according to the CDC. With an average of 5 says before showing symptoms. No one has become I'll in the house so far.

Texting with JR this morning. He tells me that he is in constant contact with Dept of Health in our county cause he works in the water reclamation plant (he cleans the water for the county). From what he has told me that he is to keep to his cleaning schedules, both in & out of work. He has shown no symptoms. And he is constantly vigilant about making sure that Marion isn't showing symptoms.

He is so good and I pray for him all the time. I love him so much. Anyone who reads this please pray for him as well. Thank you.

Angela is slowly recovering. She tells my mom that she has locked herself in her bedroom to self-quarantine. JR & Marion still have not come down with any symptoms. We are almost at the end of the two week imposed distancing. I don't know what we will do after Monday. We text all the time still but it's not the same as being together. This pandemic is awful & I wish it would just end already, but that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.

Back