New here and to the lifestyle

Wjm2000

Hello,
I am very new to the lifestyle. My wife and I decided to take this direction in our relationship. It is all very new to me and I have struggled a bit with the idea and fear of losing something in my primary relationship. I am looking for positive resources in helping me understand and conquer my insecurities and to start living my best life.

I would also love to make some friends who are of the mindset.

Welcome, I'm in a similar situation. If your searching for positive resources then you came to the right place.

Greetings Wjm2000,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It's true, polyamory will change your primary relationship. Just talking about polyamory will change your primary relationship, so really you are already there. Though certainly putting polyamory into practice increases the size of the change. You may gain some things, and lose other things. Certainly the specialness of being your wife's one and only, will go away, and you will have a grieving process for that loss. But there is much to be gained from polyamory, you will find that there is an increase of love in your life, for one thing. Here are some resources that could help:
As you read and post on our various threads, you will be able to make many friends who are of the poly mindset. You can also message people privately, just hover over their avatar and click on "Start conversation." My inbox is always open.

I'm glad you could join us, and hope you enjoy your stay!
Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Back