I'm a married man about to set up a profile on OK Cupid and wanted to make sure I did it right. I know polyamory would be a hard pass for most people, but wanted to make sure that I balanced the needs of communicating my maturity to poly-aware people (who know how much hard work is involved in ENM), weeding out people who don't read my bio, and trying not to spook people who could be okay with polyamory but whose ignorance/assumptions could prevent them from giving me a chance. I'm sure there are also other considerations that I'm unaware of, and would love to hear about those as well, but here are my questions thusfar:
- What poly-aware/experienced people look for (signs of maturity / red flags) in the profiles of people new to poly?
- Beyond describing myself as a man in a nonmonogomous marriage in my profile, what are the best ways to present my status?
- I read a suggestion to watermark my pictures to indicate poly/marriage so I don't have to worry about people who don't read my bio. Has anyone done that before?
- what language/approach is best to get my foot in the door with people who would be okay with my status but are ignorant/prone to misunderstanding it?
- Should I even bother with people who react to polyamory with confusion?