Smelling the flowers

That's so exciting, congratulations!

Oooh, nicely done!!! I'm excited for you too. The house looks gorgeous - perfect for a mini polyamory.com convention ;)

Oooh, nicely done!!! I'm excited for you too. The house looks gorgeous - perfect for a mini polyamory.com convention ;)

LOL, I've had two or three friends tell me that it would be perfect for polyamory type things. Another friend wants to hold a tarot card training workshop weekend there.

Thanks!

Wow, we have an updated forum.

Yesterday was the house, well, and septic inspections, and water test. Nothing terrible was uncovered, so it seems like we'll proceed. Still waiting on the radon and water tests to come back/complete.

It's been a stressful weekend since Friday night when my friend, Ruby, called and wanted me to call 911 for her. She thought she was low on electrolytes and needed food. Um, yeah, her electrolytes were fine and they didn't have much to feed her, so she went home. I ended up calling her a cab to get her home. The next morning she video chatted me and it was obvious she was struggling, so I told her I was coming and not to leave her apartment. She was so happy I was coming, agreed to stay right there. Well, by the time we showered, made coffee, and drove over to her place she was gone. She sent a message saying she went to get breakfast. Then she followed up a little while later saying she was getting in her car and would be there shortly. We waited and waited. Finally I got her on the phone and she said, "I'm at Tenney beach, where you know I'd be." Grrr. No, I did not know you'd be there, because you said you were coming back to your apartment.

Bond and I went over there and found her. She was highly manic with lots of side conversations, accusations, rapid speech, trying to tell me to calm down (I was so calm, so it was quite interesting to be told to calm down), told that she did sex magic on me last night and that I didn't want to, but it happened and she gave me HIV and AIDS and that I should have Bond take me to the hospital, because they could save me.

"Why are you still here? Use your phone. Call them. They'll come for you. You're so tired. You should go home and rest. You should go to the hospital. Have Bond take you." Side conversations happened. After one quick side conversation she turned back and said sometime along the lines of, "I'm not Jesus, but I'm like Jesus, I'm Jesus...."

In the end, she got really angry at me and wanted to leave. She didn't have her keys or her purse or anything. She told me, "They stole it." Then, she said that it was by the fire ring. Bond and I found her phone by a tree on the ground by the fire ring. Her drink, keys, and a children's bug book on the lifeguard stand and brought them to her. She had the book she said because she's interested in bugs, she's a bug.

This normally wonderful lady is one of the brightest people I know, but mental illness is a mean bitch. This was one of the most frightening things to see that I've ever seen.

Anyway, she left the park and we ran an errand. At this point her parents started calling and texting. They had been on vacation in Door County with no cell service, but as they were driving south the messages started coming in. They got the voicemail I left on Friday night and the texts I had sent that morning. I sent her mother the name of her therapist in hopes she could contact her psychiatrist. The night before I had sent out messages to her friend team that has been checking in with her since her last manic episode 5 weeks ago, so from Friday night on there had been a lot of messages back and forth. One of the friends got me the number to her master and I got him to work on getting her to comply and get help. One of the friends on the friend list called her an Uber because she said she'd go to the hospital and then she never got in it. Bond and I ended up going back to her apartment. Bond made her two sandwiches and that was a really smart move. She's so food insecure that it's a big part of this mania. This time she agreed to go to the hospital. By this time her parents were back and unloading their stuff. They came to the hospital ER, but arrived after I left. The change in her energy from earlier in the morning at the park to when we picked her up, was much, much lower. As we were driving I kept thinking, "OMG, she's not going to come off as manic!" But there were signs she wasn't okay. Still I worried that she'd mask it when we got there.

Well, let me say that she did a good job masking it, but every single time someone asked her for information, starting with the security guard at the entrance asking her if she needed a wheelchair, she would launch into an account of how she was there the night before, but she had to leave, because they didn't have enough food.

Once they got to the point in the intake process where they were ready to take her back to a room, she sent me home. When I got to the car I had a text from her mother saying her therapist wouldn't speak to her, but that she would speak to me, so I gave her a call. I guess I'm her emergency contact. Talking to Martha (she used to be my therapist, too) was really helpful. Martha had covid in July and she said that although she had a mild case, the thing she's struggled with has been her mental health. She pointed out that she normally doesn't have mental health issues, has a masters degree, and has all of the tools in the toolbox to deal with these things, and she still struggled. That speaks volumes. Covid is a mean one. My task is work with Jules to find a new therapist that can see her weekly hopefully, as Martha's career has taken a different path and she travels internationally teaching therapists now. Ruby kind of bailed on finding a new therapist, because she didn't click with the first one she went to on the list. So now I need to help her to return to the search.

The next several days involved many messages back and forth between her master and me, me and the friend group, and me and her parents. She got nasty with me on the phone once when I said I would not break into her apartment via the window to feed her cats - I thought going through the front door was a better route and she thought I was acting like I was her mother. Manic Jules was not a lot of fun. Today she was released and we did a video chat and she's much better. Whew!

Today my sister-in-law sent a text to my sister, brother, and me asking if we'd all go in on a camper for our parents to stay in during the winter at their place. It's a great idea, but man, the timing is rough for me; everytime I turn around I have another expense related to buying the house. It may not be something we'd move on immediately though, so that gives me a bit of time to get past the cost of earnest money, inspections, appraisal, and closing costs.

I broke a tooth yesterday. It's actually a wisdom tooth, but I need it. I had the molar in front of it removed years ago so there is a bit of a gap in front of it and I use this tooth for chewing. I have an emergency appointment today at 12:30pm.

The radon test for the house came back too high, so it needs remediation. I've spent the morning organizing all the documents related to the lake house in a folder that is linked to my Google Drive. I'm still waiting on the water test results. Once I have everything back, I'm going to ask my agent to request that the seller's fix the ones that are the serious/expensive.

I'm also dealing with title insurance for the house I'm selling. They won't allow the documents to be signed electronically, which seems odd to me. I'm trying to sort out how to get the docs to Twitch for his signature. I'm hoping I can print them, sign them, and then scan and save them electronically, so I can send them to Twitch where hopefully he can do the same - or mail them. Total pain in the ass. Bond is in a meeting at the moment so I can't ask him, but I believe we can do the scan to a device via our printer. If not, then hopefully he has another idea.

My friend, Ruby, is doing pretty good. She has a therapy appointment with Martha today which is good. She is also getting her phone and internet stuff paid, so she should be easier to reach now.

The water test failed, which means it will need a new cover that won't allow insects to get into the well, and it'll need to be treated to kill any bacteria in the water. It's taken a lot of back and forth with WickedProfessor to get him to tell the seller's agent that we are seeking compensation or for them to remedy the issues. I don't know why he's holding back and it's incredibly irritating. Time is of the essence. I didn't pay $1000 for inspections to then foot the bill for the remediation. That's why it was including in the contract after all.

Bond and I have a meeting with him at 4:00pm today to go over the renovations and see if he's going to have his tradespeople handle things or if I should be looking for a GC. And if his people are doing it, is he acting as GC? Am I offering them use of the house in trade for their discounted pricing? Lots to sort out. Also, what does WP want in exchange. I already know he wants to be able to use the house, but what exactly is he hoping for?

So Ruby has offered to replace me with another friend for her daily afternoon check-in. I've told her several times that I do not need to have someone take over my slot, but today she told me that she has a friend that will be taking over, so evidently she's unhappy with how I'm handling things. I wonder if it's because I was very frank about her needing to appoint someone to have medical POA. It makes me feel bad, plus I'm concerned that she's purposefully changing things up so she can't be tracked as closely.

Whew, three weeks since my last post. It's been a busy time, but also it has dragged. Counting time down to closing dates lasts almost as long as March, which was 384 days, I believe. Today is the closing on the house Twitch and I are selling to our renters. Next Wednesday is closing day for the lakehouse.

The radon remediation has happened. Because the utility room is small and so jam-packed there wasn't space to place the sump in there, so we chose to have the contractor place it in the corner of the hot tub room, which is on the other side of the utility room. We'll box in the pipe with pine to match the walls and it'll barely be noticeable. The well remediation is still in process. We're hoping the test results will be back tomorrow or Monday.

WP went up to the house yesterday to measure the roof. He took along a mutual friend, Stark, who is doing some construction work for him after having quit his job, because his coworkers were not wearing masks and he didn't feel safe. Stark is going to demo for the new entrance, remove the old flooring, and install the new LVP.

We got the quote for converting the wood fireplaces to gas and it's double what I thought it might be. The extra expense is due to the fact that it is such a long run due to the 3rd floor. It's going to run about $9K. Damn, that's a lot of money, but it's not like I can skip that; I could never trust guests to properly manage wood fires.

I have bought a Pottery Barn Turner Grand couch for $1,200 from a guy off of Facebook Marketplace, and a counter-height dining room table and six chairs for $800 from another lady off of there also. Oh, B found five rattan chairs on Nextdoor and I got them for $40 each and they're like new. I'll use them with the round conference room table in the lower level. I wanted a table down there for a game table and I think this will work great. It's incredibly heavy. I may get a turntable for the center. I need at least one more couch, a number of armchairs, a sectional, and coffee tables.

Yesterday I ordered textiles; fitted sheets, flat sheets, pillowcases, mattress and pillow protectors, pillows, bath towels, beach towels (hot tub), hand towels, washcloths, kitchen hand towels and dish rags, and duvets and duvet covers, 3 bathroom garbage cans with lids, 3 poo-pourri for stinks, and 3 picture frames for each bathroom to hold signs that I bought off of Etsy that say don't flush anything more than toilet paper and natural waste. I'm probably forgetting something. I've been working on the list for quite some time. Most of the stuff I got from Direct Textiles and the rest from Amazon. All in all, I believe it came to $6,300. I wish that was all I need to get, but it's not even close. I have to order mattresses, and sheets for the king sized bed. Direct Textiles minimum order sizes were too high for one bed. It worked well for the queen-sizes, because there will be 11 of those. I needed so many sheets. After lots of consideration I decided to go with the triple sheet method of bed making. I found a linen service that will pick up and drop off linens on Wednesdays. This will be a great help, but it also impacts how many sheets I need to have on hand in case the house turns over more than once in a week's time. Even without that consideration, Airbnb hosts strongly recommend having 3 sets of sheets for each bed. It's a metric fuck ton of sheets!

Bond did the calls for setting up DSL internet and Dish for me. It's so nice to have someone help with some of that stuff. My brain is stressed, so my decision making skills are waning. He also spoke to the electric co-op about getting power restored to the garage. It'll cost $1,355, but it's cheaper by far than running a line back from the house to the garage. That quote was $10,000 due to trenching through woods. Zoicks!

WP called me from the lakehouse and asked me to buy a door, so during my lunch time I ran to Menard's and bought one. He'll have to pick it up when he's ready for it. Next up is deciding on smart locks and security cameras and such, and because the door is the first thing that is happening in the renovations, that decision needs to happen this weekend. Today he is putting in the order for flooring.

I did get two pieces of good news yesterday. :) WP inspected the deck more closely and it looks like most of the decking is fine and will only need to be power-washed and painted. He said there are 6 boards that should be replaced. The rails will all need to be redone, but that will be a huge savings. The second piece of good news is that I will get $9,600 credited back to me, as he's not taking his commission as an agent in this sale. I'm breathing easier now that I can add that back into the renovation pool, 'cause you know, fireplace conversions! :)

OMG, I got a little 3" knitted dick in the mail yesterday. I do not know the person whose name is on the return address either. Maybe an Etsy seller? I'm sure one of my friends did this. It's so damn funny. I took a picture and posted it to Facebook and my friends are having a ball over it. And my cat keeps stealing it. She's a little purple dick thief! LOL

Tomorrow I'm going to pick out granite. Nothing too exciting, as it's Tier 1 level. B was going to go with me, but she has to work. She cleans new construction homes that WP builds and one is ready to go. It's a bummer, as I want to involve her in all of this house stuff. Bond said that he thought he could go if I wanted to have someone with me and I think I'll take him up on it. It's always nice to have company, although I was glad to be able to quickly buy a door yesterday without him. He's so detailed in things that it can be painstakingly slow. I already know what I want for a sink, faucet, and soap dispenser, so that won't be difficult.

I think I may have found a light fixture on Amazon for over the kitchen island.

This Saturday we're having a girls' hangout (plus Bond) on our back patio. Michelle and Franki are coming, and B, of course. I asked if they wanted to include their men, but neither gave it a thumbs up. I'm going to suggest that we all order Indian food, so no one has to cook. Plus, we're not too keen on sharing food during covid times.

The following weekend we're going up to the lakehouse to do some things and also to get to use it before all of the renovations start. It'll be us and Bond's two youngest boys, B and her two kids (it's her son's b-day on Saturday, so we'll celebrate that up there), Wil and our therapist friend who is in our bubble.

I have purchased two ceiling fans that I want installed where the existing ones weren't functioning properly. I want to get rid of furniture that came with the house that I don't want. The seller's realtor wants to buy the rattan/wicker table and chairs, so that's one thing I know will go for sure. Hopefully we'll get most of it gone. I plan on listing things on Marketplace and Craigslist. And also checking to see if they have a St. Vincent de Paul's that may do donation pick ups. On Sunday we'll haul what's left, including the six beds, to the upper level so the floors are ready for the work Stark is going to do starting the following week. We'll dismantle the eight bunk beds that are constructed of 2 x 4s and 2 x 6s.

New roof is scheduled for the 3rd week of October.

I am now the proud owner of a large mortgage. Closing happened Friday at 11:00 am. Bond, B, Wil, The Therapist and Bond's two youngest kid, and B's two kids spent the weekend at the house. It was a working weekend mixed with a birthday celebration for B's oldest. Saturday morning I started posting free furniture to Marketplace. We got rid of so much! There were 8 bunk beds that Wil and The Therapist dismantled into moveable pieces. Two parties took all of them. The mattresses stacked up so high. A total princess and the pea situation.

There is only one headboard and two paintings that didn't go. We still had five sets of mattresses and box spring plus metal frames, a table, one dresser, a loveseat gliding rocker, and a few other things to move to the top floor. These creative people in my life decided that rather going out through a patio door and around the house and up the outside steps to the upper level (because spiral stairs aren't conducive to such transactions), to instead hand things up from the main level to the upper over the railing.

I had a mountain of pillows, blankets, and bedspreads to dispose of. We hauled the blankets and bedspreads back to Madison and today The Therapist picked them up and will donate them. The rest will go into the dumpster (that was delivered today).

Ruby and entourage will be arriving late today or tomorrow morning with the first load of her belongings to store in our basement until she gets a place to live.

The landscaping project will be completed today. They're doing a nice job and it seems that it'll fix the water issue.

Things that didn't go as planned; DSL and Dish. We're not sure what they did for hooking up the phone line, but it was fail sauce. Bond spent a long time on the phone with their support and finally had to reschedule with them to come on the 13th. They could have come sooner, except he wasn't sure when people would be at the house, and he is planning on being there on the 13th for the gas people. As far as Dish goes, evidently houses in woods aren't good candidates for satellite. D'oh! Solution is to take down a majestic oak, trim back another tree that arches over our yard and drive, but is on the neighbor's land and I believe we're trimming the top of another tree of ours - unless we have it taken down, too. The big oak would make some nice, long boards, so we're going to see if the Amish that own a big lumber mill in the area are interested in taking it down for free. Free would be good. Some family gave me a bit of pushback on Facebook about taking down a tree, but I simply have to be able to offer some kind of television programming. Plus, the place is surrounded by trees, so it's not like we're lacking in trees.

Bond and Wil installed the two ceiling fans, and now I am planning on replacing another three. One of the bedrooms has a newer one already, so I won't have to replace it.

We didn't get to the wall paper removal project, or the ceiling light fixture switch. I'll be tackling that this coming weekend.

I need to sign up with waste management for trash removal, too. I believe Bond will handle that for me. He's been so much help with all of that.

I can't tell you how grateful I feel to all of my people, especially Bond and B. They have been so supportive and have worked so hard to get things done. I really feel like we're all in this together. It really feels like this house is for all of us, from my partners, to Wil and The Therapist, to the kids. I'm very blessed.

I met so many nice people this weekend through the furniture give-away and many of them shared tips on local places. I met a contractor who is interested in doing some of the work on the house. Super nice guy. Today I asked him for a bid on the deck walkway footings. WP thinks we need to delete it, because he thinks it'll take a ton of cement for the footings and that it'll be difficult to get to them. Bond and I don't agree, so basically, this is a second opinion. I also asked him for a bid on power-washing and staining the siding. This is something that WP thought we'd need to push off until Spring, but if this guy can get it done this year that would be great. Another bonus is that this guy's wife cleans VRBO properties. Initially I will clean the place myself, but once I know what it takes I want to hand that off to someone. The locals were so helpful with offering networking and it felt great.

Another task that I need to complete asap is ordering appliances and furniture. Delivery times are heavily affected due to COVID and it'll likely take months to get things.

I meant to measure the height of the curtain rod over the upper level windows and forgot. Oh, well, I'll get it this next weekend. I found some on Amazon that should work for a really good price, thank gods.

A smart tv + high speed internet = television available. Most people have their own hulu, netflix, and/or Amazon prime subscriptions. Guests can log in and out of their own accounts. Or you could pay for a house subscription if you'd like.

Most Airbnb's I've stayed in the last few years go this route vs offering any kind of cable service.

I'm pro-tree as well, but obviously your property and your choice. Dish just sounds like a pain so I personally wouldn't bother unless the internet service requires the same efforts to be taken anyway.

I agree with AlwaysGrowing on the don’t bother with TV thing, but your clients might be different.

Thanks, AlwaysGrowing and icesong. :) The issue with the high speed internet is that we cannot get it. We can get DSL @ 10mbsp. That will support two devices, but I'm not sure how well. If someone would like to attempt to telecommute from this location, they may struggle, especially if a family member wishes to watch television at the same time.

Oh wow. I honestly forgot there were places in the world that don't get it! (Which is silly of me, honestly there are places 20 minutes from me that have to use satellite. But still!)

Thanks, AlwaysGrowing and icesong. :) The issue with the high speed internet is that we cannot get it. We can get DSL @ 10mbsp. That will support two devices, but I'm not sure how well. If someone would like to attempt to telecommute from this location, they may struggle, especially if a family member wishes to watch television at the same time.
I feel this deeply! At the house I share with Adam, we are only just getting Fibre installed (6 months later than first advertised) at the moment. No idea when it will actually be connected to the house, it's just going into the town at the moment. We've been on ADSL for 4 years (since we moved in). And although where I board in Worktown has fibre, it "hiccoughs" and can either lag for half a minute quite frequently or even drop the connection entirely. Really inconvenient when I'm talking to Puck in the States.

I feel this deeply! At the house I share with Adam, we are only just getting Fibre installed (6 months later than first advertised) at the moment. No idea when it will actually be connected to the house, it's just going into the town at the moment. We've been on ADSL for 4 years (since we moved in). And although where I board in Worktown has fibre, it "hiccoughs" and can either lag for half a minute quite frequently or even drop the connection entirely. Really inconvenient when I'm talking to Puck in the States.
Slow internet is so painful. Years and years ago I moved from a northern small town where I had Charter internet to another small 20 miles town north of the state capitol and had to go back onto dial-up. At the time I was doing a lot of website development and I thought I was going to die.

This past Saturday Bond and I went to the house. I peeled wallpaper off in the kitchen and he worked on getting the DSL connected properly. The provider had a tech out on Thursday, evidently doing the work they said they did the previous Thursday. They then canceled his appointment with no word to him for this coming Tuesday. It's been an adventure dealing with them. The good news is that he was able to stream programs on one television and we were also playing music via Alexa at the same time. The music seems to be negligible for how much data it pulls. The real test will be adding a second TV. If it's possible to stream on both TVs at once, then I'm canceling the Dish and leaving the trees. Fingers crossed. Another consideration is to have DVD players and bring all of our old DVDs up there. It would be older stuff, but Bond has quite a few and many are probably for kids.

Today I ordered light fixtures, one interior and three exterior, three pressure-assist toilets, four ceiling fans, kitchen utensils, a pizza cutter, a can opener and I'm considering a knife block. I need to complete an IKEA order for kitchen stuff. I have stuff loaded in my cart, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm searching for a cage ceiling fan and light for the bunk room.

Gotta run.

Amazon Prime Days has a sale on the Ring doorbell and also on the knife block that I had put in my shopping cart yesterday, so I pulled the trigger this morning.

B cut her palm on a broken dish this morning. Her son helped her bandage her hand, so we didn't need to run over there. She's like a bull in a china closet, full force ahead and no caution. She's supposed to start cleaning on a new construction house today and I wonder how that's going to go with a cut on her hand.

Bond is on his way to the lake house this morning. He's meeting with the gas company. They are checking the lines to the LP tank, and also investigating what it'll take to run lines to the fireplaces. We're hoping they can run them in the ceiling/floor between the lower level and the main level. I'm a bit nervous about the price.

It seems that everything is coming in high. I wonder if we're getting "lake house pricing" from the tradespeople in the area. The powerwash, caulk, and staining for the house came in at $9,900. WP's people (aka, Stark) will do it for 40% less. The difference could simply be that we're getting pricing that a builder gets, and that is because of WP and that he is making deals with his tradespeople for use of the house.

The estimate for taking the tree down that is growing into the garage is $2,600. We paid 1/2 that to have a bigger tree removed in our front yard last year.

WP has promised cost estimates by end of day today. I hope it happens. My nerves can't take much more of this.

We were at B's last night and she told her son to apply online at Dunkin Donuts, because they were hiring and they live near one. WTF?! If that happens, then personally I will remove myself from anyone having contact with him. I believe Bond would follow suit, but if not, then I may end up moving to the lake house. I'm not sure how that would work financially, though. It's total crazy pants for a kid to get a job in a smallish space, potentially interacting with many people, when our area is on fire with covid cases. Today we shattered a record with 3,747 confirmed cases. It's not like the kid needs money. He wants money and that's vastly different. In my opinion, t's a senseless risk. We've done so much to limit our exposure and risk for months now, and things are actually started trending worse than when this first started. I don't know what the fuck she is thinking.

Bond got his hairs did this morning and this afternoon he renewed his driver's license and got the Real ID. The haircut is really nice and it's nice to see him with a nice faux mohawk again. Super fucking hot. :) His 50th birthday is in a week.

The flooring should arrive today or tomorrow. WP may have pushed it off until tomorrow. I can't recall what he said. He doesn't think a semi can make it up our road, so he has arranged to meet the driver nearby and load it onto his trailer.

WP sent the numbers and I believe I can handle it, although, right this minute I'm totally stressed, because I keep watching my credit card balances go up. Breathe. Breathe. Everytime I turn around I think of something more that I need for the house in order to be ready to rent it. Overall, though, most things have been purchased so what I'm seeing for balances is pretty much the entirety. I need to place an IKEA order for dinnerware and I need recessed can lighting fixtures throughout, two light/fan combos for the bunkroom, plus puck lights and dimmers for each bunk. The bathrooms and the hot tub room could all use better exhaust fans. The GFCI outlets in the kitchen need to be replaced and I may update all of the outlets because they are looking pretty aged. I want one or two USB outlets in each bedroom and one in each bunk. It all adds up.

I am hoping that a second bid will come in today for the tree removal by the garage. The guy was supposed to look at it this weekend.

I believe I've settled on a house name, [STR Name]. Wil came up with it. [STR Name] is derived from Taliesin. The origin of the name Taliesin is “shining brow” in Welsh. It has a nice regional connection to Frank Lloyd Wright (FLW).

Bond, B, and I went to the house on Saturday. The two of them teamed up and replaced the ceiling fans in four bedrooms. One of the bedrooms had a newer fan, but I decided to replace it anyhow so they'd all match and be more in the style that I'm going for. My brother saw pictures of the Grandpad and messaged to see if I had a fan that he could put up in my parents' kitchen. That newer fan will be perfect in there and I'm so glad that they're getting it.

While Bond and B were doing fan stuff, I was taking down the wallpaper border in the primary bedroom. At first I was doing a lot of peeling little pieces, but then I pulled the front facing off and applied wet paper towels to the paper backing and it pulled right off with little scraping. I'm so glad it's down.

Tuesday the countertops get removed. I'm not sure when the new granite is being installed. I suspect that WP wants them removed early, because he's going to be gone on a trip and he won't be there to do it the day ahead of installation. Either way, it's not far off. I wish I knew when the fireplace work was happening. I need to ask him for some timelines.

I'm stressing about outside projects not getting done before the weather window closes. I really want the house to be power-washed. It's covered in cobwebs. I'm worried renters will ding me on reviews for that and dirty windows.

Shortly after climbing in bed last night a text came in from my sister.
Did you hear that Aunt Lois Ann is hospitalized with COVID-19? She is on oxygen and has received antibodies. She went in on Sunday. Mom and Dad stopped there (my aunt's) on their way home from the doctor's office on Friday.

When they left there, they came to the museum without masks.

The museum is the one that my sister runs.

My dad doesn't believe it's an airborne virus and therefore, because he didn't touch her, he has not been exposed.

OMG, how do you fix crazy?

I lost it at lunch and cried and cried. I haven't seen my parents since this started, actually, it was quite a while before that due to winter weather and unknown road conditions keeping me from venturing that far north. Since COVID-19 I have felt that their behavior is too risky to go see them.

My brother was visiting them this past week. His son-in-law, son, daugher-in-law, and their two boys all came over to visit. Depending on timing they may or maynot have been exposed.

From what I've researched my parents absolutely need to be tested and the best day would be tomorrow (Day 5). They need to self-isolate for 14 days. My sister and brother-in-law are probably okay, because it was immediately after seeing my aunt, so my parents even if infected would not have been shedding the virus. I don't know what day my brother left for home. If it was Saturday, then he's probably fine. If it was Sunday, then it's unknown.

It's a terrible feeling to anticipate my parents falling ill and likely not surviving. My mom has shocked and amazed doctors before, so maybe she'll be able to do it again. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I really hope your parents and siblings remain healthy, Petunia.

Back