Somegeezer's Blog Of Life

Bah. Being drunk is over rated any way!

I have way too much fun sober to want to ruin what I have with intoxicants.

Bah. Being drunk is over rated any way!

I have way too much fun sober to want to ruin what I have with intoxicants.
Exactly the same way I feel really. I have fun sober. Why get drunk and forget all the fun that happened the next day?

Accents

Speaking of accents, yes, many Americans (including me) naturally find other accents from other countries / cultures very sexy, and England and Ireland are at the top of my list. I always said I'd move to Ireland just to pick up their accent. The US is so big that too many of us sound the same. We either sound normal/flat, country, New York, Chicago, or Minnesotan/Canadian ("don't ya know there fella"). Sorry if I offended anyone out there! I'm just playing around.

In the 90s, I was a HUGE fan of Absolutely Fabulous (Ab Fab!), despite not understanding Patsy all the time :eek: I also think the Hispanic accent is sexy where I live.

Have you ever heard a true Chicago accent? They terribly exaggerate it on TV/movies. We are like the New York accent, but less pronounced. I learned I had a Chicago accent when I traveled around the country after high school.

People I had met would instantly recognize where I was from... Chicago.

Then I'd say, "Whatcha ya talkin' about?!" ;)

Speaking of accents, yes, many Americans (including me) naturally find other accents from other countries / cultures very sexy, and England and Ireland are at the top of my list. I always said I'd move to Ireland just to pick up their accent. The US is so big that too many of us sound the same. We either sound normal/flat, country, New York, Chicago, or Minnesotan/Canadian ("don't ya know there fella"). Sorry if I offended anyone out there! I'm just playing around.

In the 90s, I was a HUGE fan of Absolutely Fabulous (Ab Fab!), despite not understanding Patsy all the time :eek: I also think the Hispanic accent is sexy where I live.

Have you ever heard a true Chicago accent? They terribly exaggerate it on TV/movies. We are like the New York accent, but less pronounced. I learned I had a Chicago accent when I traveled around the country after high school.

People I had met would instantly recognize where I was from... Chicago.

Then I'd say, "Whatcha ya talkin' about?!" ;)
Texas has quite a distinguishable accent too. But yes, in general, it is hard to pinpoint a location. Whereas over in England, there's a new accent in every town. It's a 15 minute drive into Wakefield and I can hear a difference between there accent and mine. Manchester is one of the next cities over and there a difference in accent there that anyone should be able to hear.

I have heard a true Chicago accent. I know quite a few people in Illinois as a whole actually. There and Arizona seem to be where most Americans I talk to are from.

I'd be instantly seen as "northern" if i went down south. But I other than the north/south divide, nobody seems to care exactly where you're from here. But I have quite a strong Leeds accent. Only I don't speak all the slang, so my words are slightly easier to understand. =P

The people in Barbados have a very sexy accent. It is part British and part Caribbean. Quite enjoyable to listen to. :)

The people in Barbados have a very sexy accent. It is part British and part Caribbean. Quite enjoyable to listen to. :)
Their accent sounds like a weird mix of Jamaican and a Devon farmer. =P It's a really weird accent. Farmer accents seem to be strange in most countries.

One accent I always found so different from what I have been use to is the Tennessee one. I've never been to TN but have sit on the plane by people from there. :D

Another Anglophile here. I've read so many English novels. My first erotic stirrings were to the Beatles when they first hit the states. In 1963. When I was 8.

I was a huge Monty Python fan in college and nowadays have focused on Eddie Izzard (an honorary Python). I saw his Stripped act 3 times in 2008 and got to hug him and get his autograph. *swoon* He was so polite and charming.

Yeah, I think I need to put getting with an English guy or girl on my Fuckit list. lol Irish, Scots, Australian or NZers would also work.

Another Anglophile here. I've read so many English novels. My first erotic stirrings were to the Beatles when they first hit the states. In 1963. When I was 8.

I was a huge Monty Python fan in college and nowadays have focused on Eddie Izzard (an honorary Python). I saw his Stripped act 3 times in 2008 and got to hug him and get his autograph. *swoon* He was so polite and charming.

Yeah, I think I need to put getting with an English guy or girl on my Fuckit list. lol Irish, Scots, Australian or NZers would also work.
Ooft Eddie Izzard. He's one of the few comedians who can really put me in stitches. Along with Billy Connolly, Bill Bailey and Tim Minchin to name a few.
I can certainly imagine Izzard to be very polite. He seems like a genuine kinda guy. The whole lot of Monty Python guys are just classic British comedians. Very old fashioned comedy compared to these lot now though I think. Me being only 18, I've grown up without much of the older stuff, so I'm pretty biased towards the newer guys really. =P
I just saw Dara O'Briain a couple of weeks ago. He was brilliant too. I'm not sure if many of you outside the UK will know him? He's only just come onto the scene in the past few years though.

Lee Evans is another guy I quite enjoy. His stand up stuff is on tv all the time though. It gets kinda boring after you've seen it for the millionth time. Anyone who hasn't seen his stand up certainly should have a look though. =]

Merry Christmas, Somegeezer!
Thank you. Though I got that at 2am my time, which means merry boxing day. =P It's probably the 26th over where you are now too seeing as it is coming up to 7am here. =P Hope you had a good day though. Everyone that is. =]

Little update:
Just doing a lot of thinking tonight and trapping myself into a crappy mood.

Thinking a lot about one of the girls I'm real close with, who I just can't be with. I feel like I am or already have convinced myself that this girl is something more than she really is. Like all expectation has been put on her. I feel like the chance we ever could be together, I would be thoroughly disappointed or something. I also feel like I may possibly sabotage other possible relationships from putting so much focus on her.

Advice is appreciated, but I honestly doubt I'll actually take it. :(

Hugs SG

....Breathe....

This will be hard... but put it aside for a bit... lose yourself in some music... or maybe go do something completely new and preferably physical (go bungee jumping or something) something that will force your mind away from dwelling...

try to come back to it refreshed and from a new perspective.

Hugs SG

....Breathe....

This will be hard... but put it aside for a bit... lose yourself in some music... or maybe go do something completely new and preferably physical (go bungee jumping or something) something that will force your mind away from dwelling...

try to come back to it refreshed and from a new perspective.
Thanks for the hugs. I do love those. =]

I always try lose myself in music. Listening and playing. That's another thing. I feel like I haven't played enough music lately. People busy writing songs and putting off gigs. Meant to have one at end of january, but I think we're dropping out. Not cool with me. =[ But people have their problems too.

I wish I could do other stuff. Not quite so much jumping of a bridge attached to a rope though. I can't really afford anything though. People who call me their friend don't show it. I haven't been outside the house to do more than checking my bank. That's only because my online banking still hasn't been sorted out.

I'm hoping I can go walking with a friend tomorrow for a few hours, but I'll no doubt come spiralling back into these thoughts once I get back home.

Eeeesh SG!!

Get out of the house already... go for a walk in the park... got a camera? how about one on your phone? go take some snapsots of trees covered in snow... get creative with it... just do SOMETHING...

post them up here :D we'd all love a look... in fact maybe we could start a thread for creative ideas to help clear the head?

I feel like I haven't played enough music lately. People busy writing songs and putting off gigs.

A musician going through music withdrawal - NOT good. Probably as bad as not getting enough sex.:eek:

I agree with FlameKat change what's in your power to fix.

Back