Welcome everyone! (And short question too...)

Shadow King

So, I'm new here.
And to be honest - intimidated. Until very recently I wasn't aware that "polyamory" word even exists and that it's even a thing.
I'm not even sure (yet) if it applies to me and if I should be in this group.
I'd like to share my story and current situation.
I need to know whether it is indeed polyamory or not.
I need to know how common/uncommon is my scenario.
I'd like to hear from other people who are in similar situation. Advises, precautions and so on.

Hence the question:
Which section of this forum is best to write and share my story to get best and fullest response?

Thanks, and hello once more.

Heya, fellow (relatively) newbie here

People better positioned to ask the right questions will respond to this post - most of them are just in a time zone that would have them sleeping right now (i.e. you’re not being ignored).

There’s no requirement to be ‘actively engaging’ in polyamory to be here, so please don’t feel intimidated.

You could place your backstory in the blog section, if you like… but here is probably fine, too… maybe give it a few responses and see how comfortable you feel from there?

Hope this helps,

J

Welcome!

Here's the user guidelines.

As to where to post... up to you. Could just do it here in introductions since its your first thread. Or Poly Relationships Corner or General Discussion.

Galagirl

In general, if you have questions about your current relationship situation, or just want general advice about how to do polyamory successfully, you'll get the most responses if you post in the Relationships section.

A polyamorous relationship is a sexual/romantic one which consists of more than two people, who are all informed and consenting gladly to be that sort of configuration.

Thank You all for replies and for tips!
I didn't want to clog this section with potential discussion as it seems to serve introductory purpose mostly.
I'll rather start a new thread in more suitable place.

Greetings Shadow King,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Polyamorists are welcome in this group, but monogamists are welcome too ... so you are fine either way. Sometimes you even need to spend some time on Polyamory.com before you can decide whether you are polyamorous.

I think, for what you are looking for, namely, for as much feedback and advice as possible, from the widest variety of people, you should post in the Poly Relationships Corner. Tell your story, and people will respond.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Greetings Shadow King,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

Polyamorists are welcome in this group, but monogamists are welcome too ... so you are fine either way. Sometimes you even need to spend some time on Polyamory.com before you can decide whether you are polyamorous.

I think, for what you are looking for, namely, for as much feedback and advice as possible, from the widest variety of people, you should post in the Poly Relationships Corner. Tell your story, and people will respond.

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!
Thank You! I'll certainly lurk a bit. :)

Back