Fun and Frolic With Long-Term Love

I woke up an hour ago with a LOT of pain, plus as an added bonus, extreme nausea. Ugh.
Another rainy day this week.


Our Japanese cherry blossom tree is in bloom, as are the azaleas.



I’m hoping we get some nicer weather so I can pull weeds and mulch the front beds. I’ve only had a single nice day where I’ve felt up for working outside lately, and so yesterday afternoon I did one of the back deck beds.


MisterMoonbeam took me to lunch at the local Dutch Market today so I put on real clothes, though I made sure that the skirt was a size big so I wouldn’t have the waistband sitting on my abdomen, putting pressure and hurting me more.


I spent time today crying on and off. The pain really is crazypants. I’m trying to take strength from my tshirt, which sounds stupid, but the slogan boosts me a bit. I’m not a huge Fall Out Boy fan or anything, but the words do make me feel determined.

OMG! I love her! I saw this online and I ordered one from a friend of a friend on Facebook. 😍😍

The Wildling Masquerade tonight! I forgot my gloves and my wedding rings. Sigh. I also failed terribly at curling my hair. I just left it after trying and making it look bad. I guess I have a new skill to practice. 🙃
My engagement ring was a size too big, so I ordered a replacement. It arrived today and it’s loads clearer than the one I’ve been wearing (with a spacer). So I am happy to have one on my finger now that doesn’t slide around and looks even more gorgeous!


Today we are hosting D&D. It’s been a while, and my time is growing short with how long I will be able to continue the campaign. Once my surgery is scheduled, I’ll be out of commission. Right now my character focus is gathering wealth for my homestead and keeping my single egg safe while I wait for it to hatch.
Yesterday was awful for pain, and this morning has not been any different.

I’m supposed to be hosting a game day with two lady friends this afternoon, though one of them left D&D early yesterday as she wasn’t feeling well. So I’m not sure if things will still go as planned. MisterMoonbeam said he is down to play Zombicide tonight regardless, so if my game day gets rescheduled, my other friend will still be invited over later tonight to play that instead. She’s played Green Horde with us before, so I am sure she will be down!

If I have time, I am hoping to clear out and mulch the other half of the backyard planting bed. It’s full of an ornamental grass that’s grown everywhere and since it’s not a local plant, I am just planning to dig it all up and allow the area to be empty for now.

I do need to shower today, and make a trip to return a couple of Amazon purchases. Right now though, I am cuddled up in bed, watching an episode of Relative Race, with a sleeping kitty next to me. (Harry)

Last night was emotional. I was with DarkKnight, and he cried a bit with me about how unknown the future is. He’s my person. He’s always been my person. The thought of dying and not having him in my life is heartbreaking. There’s nothing to be done about it though.
Yesterday did not improve and I was hurting the entire day. My period still hasn’t shown up, and I’m like, it’s the last one, come on!!

I called the court today and my marriage certificate is ready for pickup. It costs $5.50 for the certified copy, so I am going to go tomorrow to get it and head right to the social security office. Keeping my fingers crossed that they’ll let me change my middle and last name at the same time!

I’m home alone today as MisterMoonbeam had to go into the office, and DarkKnight is at work as per usual. I just emptied the living room and game room litter pots and fed the cats lunch. My cat Lenny has a red eye from his allergies so I put some antibiotic ointment on it. I should be working some on my “final” paperwork but we will see how the afternoon goes. I just ordered my own food so we will see how I feel. It isn’t good for now. I hurt, and I find myself in tears randomly, suddenly realizing I’m in tears.
I just got the lower resolution photos back. OMG - the joy I feel right now is not something I can easily describe. This is what I needed. IMG_8818.jpeg





I can only attach 10 photos per post. I’m going to do one more grouping, but there are so very many. My heart is so happy right now!
The last bunch I’ll post here!







So.much.pain. I was absolutely confident that I HAD to have gotten my period when I woke up this morning, but nope. Just horrific cramps that make me want to just curl up. My abdomen feel distended and just HEAVY. I don’t know how better to describe it. The insurance company should have received my information yesterday. I’m hoping MisterMoonbeam can contact them and see if I’m in the database yet, so I can be given a number and I can contact my surgeon ASAP. They said 2-3 days but I definitely want to check today.

I took 3 Advil and I am about to finally shower. I keep waiting for it to kick in but it’s just not happening. I am absolutely going to the courthouse today though to get the marriage certificate, and then heading to social security to update my name. At the moment I am anxious, but I am trying to stay positive that my middle name will be adjusted as well as my last name. If not, I will be straight back to the courthouse to file for another change. It’s become imperative to me that I don’t die with PunkRock’s name a part of me. Honestly, that’s not accurate - I’m neutral to that idea. My fear is that I will pass without DarkKnight’s name being mine.

I have a date planned this afternoon with the time open-ended. I didn’t see TheEngineer last week so I am excited to see him. We’re going to an escape room and lunch.

I’ve been listening to the Tortured Poets Department since it came out. I have to say my favorite is I Can Do it With a Broken Heart, but there are so many I find myself humming - Down Bad, Clara Bow, Florida (I love Florence & the Machine!) and Guilty as Sin. I actually have only listened to the first 16 a bunch, as generally I can’t get through anything longer! lol I listen to 4-5 songs and then I’m off to another activity.
TheEngineer and I won our escape room yesterday and had lunch afterward. He’s so sweet to me! I keep thinking he’s going to get tired of having me take up time in his life but that doesn’t seem to be the case. We’ve only ever had sex twice since starting together in November, and he has never failed to message me at least twice a day. He’s always so happy to see me. His positivity is refreshing and helpful to me right now!
Okay, so things are on the schedule now!

May 2 - pre-op medical clearance (blood tests, A1C, EKG)

May 16 - oncologist pre-op appointment

May 23 - surgery day

I’m going to try and go to the Virginia Ren Faire before surgery day, just so I get one in before I become stuck in bed for months.

After Surgery

  • Most patients can go home the same day. In some cases, an overnight stay may be required.
  • If you have laparoscopy, expect some soreness around the surgical site during the first 24 to 48 hours following surgery.
  • Walking is encouraged, based on your energy level.
  • This surgery has a quick recovery with most patients feeling much better within the first few days after surgery.

Recovery: what to expect in the next few weeks​

  • Most women feel better within the first week following surgery; however, do not lift, push or pull any heavy objects for a few weeks.
  • Do not resume sexual intercourse until your doctor says it is OK.
  • Full recovery takes about four to six weeks to allow for internal healing.
And from another website:

A hysterectomy may require an overnight hospital stay for less invasive surgeries, or a three-day stay for open surgery. Recovery time is typically up to two weeks for minimally invasive surgery and up to six weeks for open surgery.

I guess it depends on the size and amount of fibroids, but no one lies in bed for months after surgery anymore. Not after a c-section, not after a hysterectomy, at least that I've ever heard of or knew of.

I guess it depends on the size and amount of fibroids, but no one lies in bed for months after surgery anymore. Not after a c-section, not after a hysterectomy, at least that I've ever heard of or knew of.

I was absolutely told I will have a 2-3 day stay at the hospital, and then bed rest for 12-16 weeks. I will be encouraged to walk, but sitting is going to be an issue, as I will be cut hip to hip. Getting up and down will be difficult at first, and then sitting for longer periods will be a no-go. My oncologist said the incision will be twice as long as a typical C-section scar, and twice the recovery time. He said to read what I’d like on the internet, but to expect double the down time.

I am not the sort of person to want to be abed, so I am still hoping he’s exaggerating. I have a friend who used this same surgeon with a similar diagnosis (she had uterine cancer that had spread to her colon and bladder) and she got the massive cut done about 2 years ago. She said she still doesn’t feel 100% most days, but she lost a bunch more stuff once they opened her up, and then she needed chemo afterward because they didn’t get all of the cancer. But she said sitting was excruciating, and bending was not something she looked forward to for almost a year.

So yeah. I’m preparing for the worst and hoping that the internal and external stitches heal quickly and I do okay! Best case scenario is that my summer is shot, and I’m recovered by the Fall. Then the question will be if I need chemo, and if so, what sort. Since I have autoimmune and auto-inflammatory nonsense already established, I am worried about that. That’s a future Bluebird problem though!
Last edited:
I went to the MVA this morning to get my new license. They told me it will arrive within a week. I’m super excited to get it in the mail! MisterMoonbeam and I went out to lunch afterward, but we are home now.

He’s currently on the phone trying to make sense of his insurance. Because we upgraded to the most expensive plan, he went from a health savings account with a limited Flex account to a completely open Flexible Spending account. At least, that was what was supposed to happen? The online screen looks wonky.

Right now I am outside and enjoying the breeze on the back deck, under a sunshade in the pergola. It’s gorgeous out today and I wish I was hiking! Instead I’m going to close this up here and do the weekly budget. Gotta pay the mortgage and see where the money is going in May!
Sooo there are issues with the Flexible Spending Account. They didn’t upgrade us to the unlimited use account - apparently you can only make changes in October to that. MisterMoonbeam was very upset - one of the reasons we switched to the high premium plan was so we could put the max into this account. The representative on the phone put in a ticket and we should hear back within 3-5 business days.

I told him it doesn’t matter. I mean, it does, but regardless, it was only going to be $3,000 and we can cover that with a credit card and then set the cash aside to pay it off anyway. We just lose the ability to use pre-tax dollars. We’ll figure out if we can claim this next year in taxes. The important part was that the insurance exists that will give us the best coverage for my medications and possible chemo.

I’m very nervous about getting tested for my A1C next week - the last time was November and it was 7.1. It needs to still be below 8 to be approved for surgery at our local hospital. I don’t have any clue how it’s been doing - I’ve been eating the best I can since being taken off of all diabetes meds but I don’t know how that will translate. I haven’t gained weight. I’m still solid in between 199 and 205 pounds, depending on the day, it seems. I know I went down in bra size - my cups are all gaped at the top. 😆

Last night MisterMoonbeam and I went to dinner at Isabella’s, which is my favorite restaurant in Frederick. OMG soooo delicious! It’s a tapas place. Afterward we went to the theater and saw The Mummy. Apparently it’s the 25th anniversary of its release. It was so much fun to see it on the big screen! When we were leaving we ran into the gym owner I went out with a couple of times but then didn’t progress with on our dates. He gave me a couple of hugs, so that was nice.

I had some fun sexy times after we got home and fell asleep quickly after that.

Today there are currently no plans until the evening - DarkKnight has a choral concert so MisterMoonbeam & I are going to go to that, and then the 3 of us will probably eat dinner downtown. Then DarkKnight and I will have a date night but we don’t have a set idea yet.

I do want to get tickets to the Virginia Ren Faire now that I know I can make the dates. Gotta figure that out today.
Last edited:
Same glasses?
I’ve had the same glasses for a couple of years - I will be getting new frames next week. Not sure if they will be the same style or not. :)
Last edited: