Fun and Frolic With Long-Term Love

I ended up sleeping the entire day yesterday - getting out of bed in time to attend book club and that's it. So I was up late last night, working on my class curriculum. I need to write a quiz this morning. I have no idea why I was so exhausted, but PunkRockAwesomesauce snuggled me the whole time, and our sleepy time was punctuated with fantabulous sex.

Speaking of PunkRock, he got a callback for a second interview today at a big box store in our town. Please keep your fingers crossed for him! This is part of our plan - we would like him to be able to work at a place that will allow a transfer when we move in a couple of years. Plus, we are super broke and need more income to pay for my braces!

The rest of this week is shaping up to be busy - I have my Astronomy class today, and tonight I have a date with PunKRock to play WarMachine. On Wednesday my kids have therapy and on Thursfay a new session of co-op starts. Friday is a trip to Luray Caverns for me, PunkRock and my daughter.

Crap - hit submit before I was ready! I also wanted to mention that I will be back to counting calories starting October 1st. I am also going to do some walking - a group of my friends wants to do some 100 miles in a month nonsense that I already regret being involved with. Lol

100÷31 = c. 3.2258 miles a day. Yowzah!

I'm going to shoot for 4 miles a day, so I can skip Thursdays. I teach at co-op until 4 pm, and then have trivia at 6:30 pm. No way I can squeeze in a walk in between then!

It's a goal, anyway. :) And it isn't a race, so I don't necessarily have to walk fast.

Haha, if that were me I definitely wouldn't be walking fast ... LOLOL ...

Seriously! I have a medical condition - I am supposed to minimize sweating. It's impossible for me to lose weight really, except by counting calories. Walking sucks anyway, but the only cardio I ever list on MyFitnessPal is sex, and that's kinda lame. So, we will see how it starts tomorrow!

Well I'll be pulling for you (from my comfortable chair :)). Give MyFitnessPal something to ooh and ahh about! You can do it.

ugh. Just lost my post to a technological brainfart. Will try again!

I spent the day yesterday at Luray Caverns in Virginia with PunkRockAwesomesauce and my daughter. I posted an entire photo album of 31 pictures - the garden maze we ran through, rock formations and a single shot of my daughter smiling while holding a pulled pork sandwich. Nothing controversial or earth shaking! The last pic was captioned with the information that we finally took my girl to PunkRock's game store and the place where the two of us had our first date.

My sister tried to create drama with this - again. I know I need to cut her out, but I refuse to be bullied. She said something like, "Seriously. You think this doesn't bother her but it really does." (That isn't a direct quote because I don't want to flip over and lose my post again!)

I don't realize she has posted this, so by the time I notice it has been an hour or so and lots of people have seen it. I respond with something ridiculous - like "I know! She's been annoyed that we talk about this place all the time and she's never visited!" Which is actually true - she hears us talking about the game store lots and has been more recently interested in playing WarMachine with us.

Then, my daughter sees the post. She is unhappy. My daughter is almost 17, and has seemingly taken my poly lifestyle in stride. She tells me that her aunt hasn't seen her before last December, hasn't texted her even once and therefore can't possibly speak to her emotions. So she tags my sister and says - "You haven't talked to me since before my mom started dating PunKRock. You have no idea how I feel." Boom. Done.

Then she spends 20 minutes at the foot of my bed, looking at PunkRock's Amazon wish list, trying to decide what she is buying him for Christmas.

My sister has never been close with any of my kids, and certainly not my youngest. Actually, she's forgotten and missed my baby's birthday for the last 6 years. No apology, no gift. It's ridiculous she thinks she has any insight at all. Ugh.

Before this all went down, I was actually going to post about how great PunKRock and my daughter seem to have been getting along. She gave him a bumblebee temporary tattoo a couple days ago that just looked absolutely ridiculous, and he showed her how to crack a coconut to get its milk out - which she had never experienced before. Her therapist told me on Wednesday that she is doing well and can possibly end therapy soon. This relationship is not harming her in the least. Non-traditional doesn't mean hurtful.

I posted PunkRock's newest tattoo pic in my album! :) Actually, I posted a few new ones!

Last edited:
It sounds like your sister has some issues in general. Like, her self-esteem is weak and she can only prop it up by putting other people down. She probably sees polyamory as an easy target to take potshots at.

Meanwhile, you guys are living your lives and enjoying the happiness. That's the best response you can give to your sister's criticisms. If your sister is an expert on unhappiness, maybe it's because there's lots of unhappiness in her own life. But you don't have to worry about that; live your own life and be happy; it makes the whole world a little bit of a happier place.

Thanks guys.

PunkRockAwesomesauce started his new job today. It's right here in town, and at a big box store. We were really hoping he would get hired at one of these so when we move, he could transfer. It's a part time gig but it'll get his foot in the door. It sounds like they do switch people to full time and move them to different departments frequently. Anyway, he is glad to be back on a predictable payroll. He is still getting payments from his game store, but they aren't dependable.

It's just a job, but I see it as a stepping stone to living the life the three of us are wanting. It's so great to see dreams unfolding. The next step - that I am working on now - is getting both of my kids a car. My son is working in therapy so he can try and live independently, so we are putting together a blueprint, checklist, timeline, whatever you want to call it, so we can get him that point.

Sounds good. I hope your dreams all come together.

Thanks Kevin! So far, so good. :)

I am up early today because my daughter and I watched the lunar eclipse this morning together. I woke her around 4:15 am, and then we cuddled in the back yard under blankets until the clouds rolled in a few minutes ago. We were able to see the entire eclipse happen, then it was completely in shadow for 3 seconds, and then CLOUDS! So we didn't get to see the "blood" aspect of it, but it was her first eclipse, so it was still cool.

DarkKnight got up and acquired breakfast from Dunkin Donuts for us around 5. PunkRock's snores were audible almost the entire time, as his bedroom window overlooks the back deck. He had threatened us last night not to disturb his shuteye, so we didn't. :)

We had our telescope out - it's an 8 in Dobsonian - and the shadow looked very cool through it.

Yesterday was pretty great too - the main thing I wanted to write about today happened after my Astronomy class ended at 4. PunKRock got home from work a bit earlier, so when I was through, I stuck my head into his room and let him know that I wanted to spend time reading. He said that was fine. I told him if he wanted to join me and read next to me, or snuggle, or if he needed a blowjob, to just come see me.

I went and read for a short bit and then remembered that I had some old furniture to put on Craigslist, so I went into the garage, took pictures and then sat in the game room, putting everything online. PunkRock came to see me shortly thereafter, saying that I wasn't where so said I'd be. :) I told him what was up, and then he disappeared, as I was really focused on my listings. When I finished, I went and found him, and asked what he was looking for, and he wanted snuggles, so we then spent the entire evening wrapped up together, in bed, just cuddling.

I told him about another media contact that I had had that morning, and how they were interested in covering our commitment ceremony. We are not planning one anytime soon though, so it is rather a moot topic of conversation - as far as having a feature planned around it. Anyway, this sparked a long conversation regarding what sort of ceremony we would want, and where it should be held.

PunkRock is on board with holding it outside, and he likes the idea of it being in or near water. He mentioned maybe a boat - but I think we'd more than likely have the reception on a boat. We discussed who would actually attend - of course my parents and siblings probably wouldn't come, but my children and friends would. PunkRock says he believes all of his family would come. Sigh. Our loose plan now is to have a private ceremony and then throw a party afterward. I think he would like a honeymoon at the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, and I have to admit that sounds awesomesauce.

It was really calming to hear his thoughts and feelings on how he pictures things progressing. He says he would wear a wedding ring, and I said if we could get a second white gold band that fits with the one in my jewelry armoire, I could be persuaded to wear them together. I don't really care for rings at all, but I suppose I could. I know DarkKnight would like it if I wore my engagement & wedding rings more often.

Honestly, at this point I feel the commitment has already been made, the ceremony would just be a way to make a special day for us, and to formalize things for his family.

Oh, I love this guy to pieces!

We also talked about getting matching tattoos again, and I think that idea is done. We are still going to get tattoos, but they will be completely different. I have already found the octopus design I want to have done to symbolize PunkRock, but he had been questioning what would best represent me. Yesterday I think we settled on something science-based. He was very enthusiastic about that idea, and had a design to show me yesterday - a line drawing of a particle collision. It was so awesome! I loved how it looked. He said he would want to get it tattooed over his heart and have it show a proton, because those are positive and I am always trying to be upbeat and happy. Squee! That made all sorts of sense. I loved the looping lines of most of the drawings we looked at - we didn't decide on a particular one but I am excited that he is focusing on a specific idea now. I am actually kinda jealous - I want a science tattoo too!

I arrived home from co-op last night to the news that DarkKnight would be headed to NY on Sunday for two weeks, so he can train a new international hire. Though I am happy he isn't traveling out of the states himself, I am less thrilled with being parted with him for so long.

Honestly, I am in emotional meltdown mode.

I am strangely detached though - like, I feel my insides turning to mush, but I am observing them from afar.

I can travel with him, but then I won't be with PunkRock for two weeks. The situation is making me feel ill.

Really, I can't disappear for two weeks anyway - my schedule is too full. Right now the plan is for me to drive up with DarkKnight on Sunday, and then come back Thursday. I will return to NY the following Thursday to bring DarkKnight home Saturday. This may seem like a happy compromise - but really, it just means I will split my melancholy between both of my guys, instead of just having one of them having to deal with it.

DarkKnight is ironing out all the specifics today.

Sorry about the long-distance situation (even if it is temporary). Do lots of texting and stuff.

Yeah. Thankfully, the training has been postponed a week - the international hire isn't ready to travel, so my husband can't train him yet. It's been pushed back until the next Sunday. I feel better about it - I will have more time to process and prepare. I have been hella clingy to both my guys today, but they've managed to survive. :)

I spent the morning shopping for a costume to wear to tomorrow's steampunk tea - 3 different thrift stores for 4 different parts - and then met up with PunkRock and DarkKnight for lunch. Then PunkRock took me out and bought me some goggles to finish off my outfit - I bought some jewelry parts and he's promised to make me a cool pin tonight. So I will be looking fairly awesome tomorrow!

Glad to hear you've been granted a one-week reprieve. Have fun at the tea!

I had a wonderful night with PunkRock, and this morning I spent some time re-reading our facebook text messages - all the way back to the beginning of our relationship. So many good feels!

This afternoon I had a blast with my friends at our steampunk tea party. I posted a pic in my album of me in my costume. I loved how it turned out. I was nervous about putting it together without a corset, but I think it looked great. :) in November, I'll be hosting the monthly tea at my own house. No theme though, as that was a one-off thing.

DarkKnight had breakfast with his mom this morning and is currently making quite a stink in the house - he's brewing beer with his cousin.

Tonight I think we're going to all go to the local art store - we entered some canvas paintings in their fundraiser this year, and the silent auction launches at 6:30. I would like for the 3 of us to eat out together, as I don't think I can stomach the yeasty smell from the beer brewing much longer!

You probably couldn't work at a brewery ...

Back