Incoming Dragon! (New to this community)

Corrik

Greetings! my partner and I are getting back into exploring polyamory. Dating separately so she will pop up wherever she wants. I go by Corrik online.

We have tried it once before as a couple, and have been doing couples counseling since January about it. We have reached a point of talking where we want to go beyond ourselves and get to know the community in our area. But winter, work, and of course covid have made blindly wandering about in person very unreasonable. Thus I have emerged here! I have been browsing countless places for somewhere worth investing in setting up a profile and seeing what comes of it over the next year.

So far I have made an app account (Feeld), a dating site account (polyamorydate.com), and now a forum account here! In sum, I am branching out in whatever way I can to get to know the polyamorous community in general, and our city specifically. I am a demisexual, so honestly meeting online is as useful, if not more useful than meeting in person as personality, imagination, and morals matter far beyond looks. Plus my partner and I are essentially new to this, so still learning and not looking for romance right away. Just new friendships with open ended possibilities.

Any perspectives or advice on how to perform on this site, or any others that you feel are worth a serious look are highly appreciated. I do not yet know where to begin posting up a detailed profile here, or if it is even desired. So for now I am happy to provide any details or answers here.

Welcome to the board. This is not a dating site, although it is not unheard of for people to connect via PMs and occasionally form relationships. I wouldn't count on it though. You can make good friends and learn a lot about polyamory here though! Some people post in the Dating and Friendships section, but I honestly don't know whatever comes from that. Good luck!

Greetings Corrik,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

It sounds like you are taking the smart approach to polyamory. You are not just jumping into the deep end, you are learning how to swim first. This site is a really good resource for learning how polyamory works and what the best practices are. To that end, I encourage you to look around, see what calls to you, and post any questions that come to mind. Here's a few resources for you to check out:
If you want, you can also build a detailed profile here; you already have a short one at https://polyamory.com/members/corrik.413456/ and can build from there ... at https://polyamory.com/account/account-details ... where you can scroll down to the "About you" box. I don't know how often people look at profiles, but I would think they do sometimes. I do, ;)

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Greetings Magdlyn! I am not looking to date right now, but the only sources that one finds easily when skimming the internet are dating apps, so it has been one of the only ways I can think of getting in touch with actual human beings who live a polyamorous life besides this forum. I have seen the dating section, but it is more interesting for reading than using right now. I know this may sound dry or nerdy, but I am more interested in the topic and concept than practice right now. We tried jumping head first in before, and it was fun but did not last long at all.

Thanks for the wealth of guiding arrows Ktd! This is largely what I was hoping to find since most surface level reading on search results is just a lot of "should you try this", or "what is it" kind of topics. I am still most dedicated to finding and directly interacting with people who are living the life. But in between that, all the in-depth research I can share with my wife is most welcome! I will for sure work on making as detailed a profile as possible. It may just take a while since I have two apps, a website, and this forum to juggle now. Is the ADHD overfixation that obvious already?

Glad if I could help. I am one person you could directly interact with, I am living the life as one of the legs in a poly-fi MFM V. If you have any questions let me know.

Hey Corrik! I am also in the Denver area. I can't be of any help in meeting others in the polyam community because I haven't really done that yet... also not interested in dating anyone but if you find out anything interesting about the denver polyam community let me know! I'm always available to chat :)

Aye, I showed your resources to my wife and we will go through them together, thanks! I wish to start a sort of round table intro thread soon since what interests me is knowing how it all began for people.

Greetings Mountaingirl! I saw you in my searches for CO related posts, but did not want to directly pop up and start bugging you. We have a couple of highschool friends living in state who became a poly couple years back, but other than them, have not met anyone new in person. I have read about the Denver Metro Poly Group, and my partner and I intend to attend one of their events now that the weather has improved(ish) when we can. I will keep an eye on them and forward any developments I find to you. =3

Back