Kevin's Hetero MFM Poly-Fi V

3:29 p.m., Friday the 6th

Re (from Evie):
"Ooo, which Scotch? I'm a bit of a fan and love trying different ones."

Dewar's White Label. Distilled, blended, and bottled in Scotland. It was good enough that Snowbunny decided to take a picture of the bottle.

Re (from FallenAngelina):
"Me, too! I had Oban last night."

I've never had Oban.

3:29 p.m., Friday the 6th

Re (from Evie):

Dewar's White Label. Distilled, blended, and bottled in Scotland. It was good enough that Snowbunny decided to take a picture of the bottle.

Re (from FallenAngelina):

I've never had Oban.
Oban is spectacular.

2:14 p.m., Saturday the 7th

Word on the street is, that tonight, we will try Dansk Vikingernes Mjød (mead), based on a recipe from about the year 1700. 19% alcohol by volume, so equal to a strong port. I am eager to try it.

4:43 p.m., Monday the 9th

The mead was good. SB didn't care for it as much, it was too beery for her. It has hops in it. That's fine, more for me. It was quite sweet.

Yesterday, we went out to eat for dinner. "Jerusalem: taste of the Holy Land." It was really good, I hope we'll go back there soon.

Since we ate out yesterday, SB will probably make something for us to eat at home tonight. I don't know what.

5:06 p.m., Tuesday the 10th

Salmon -- mildly teriyaki -- with potatoes and squash (and grated cheese, yum!). I've been told that tonight we'll have hot dogs (real Polish) and beans (Ranch Style).

After dinner yesterday, I finished off the mead. Brother-Husband had a little just to try it, he seemed to like it but just didn't want to have a lot at that time.

Last night, I had a chilling nightmare about a spider. It had a legspan of at least a half-dollar, and was a lot more venomous, aggressive, and cunning than any known species. I sprayed it with spider killer, but it still managed to bite me. Why!!?

2:45 p.m., Wednesday the 11th

Today is an extra stressful day for me, but it does seem like I might get caught up on some things, the forum isn't very busy. Dinner last night was good. I don't know what we'll have tonight.

That nightmare I had the other night, isn't the first time that kind of spider made an appearance. I've decided to give that species a name: the mottled assassin spider ... assassin for short. The female is mostly black with some blue in a marbled pattern, and a largish abdomen. The male (rarely seen/encountered) is mostly white with some blue in a marbled pattern, and a smallish abdomen. During the mating process, the female kills and eats the male -- of course, right? This behavior (present in known species of spider such as the black widow) makes sense evolutionarily when you consider that the female needs the extra nutrition to bear all those young.

The assassin's cunning and aggression can be explained as a kind of evolutionary cynicism. Humans have a tendency to kill spiders, so why not kill the human first? It's a kind of self-preservation, whereas most spiders just try to hide from us.

The assassin's venom attacks the nervous system, bringing on paralysis and eventually stopping the heart and brain. You can get treated for it, but only if you make it to the doctor's office in less than an hour.

Spiders. Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

2:57 p.m., Thursday the 12th

Oh and the assassin has six eyes, two larger eyes top/center grouped together so as to resemble one eye, and four smaller eyes grouped down and to the sides. Just in case you encounter one, and want to identify the species. (As if the marbled body wouldn't be enough.)

So yesterday, I only got partly caught up. Which was okay, because SB took me (to get an oil change and to go) shopping, at Smith's. She said we probably won't go there often, she thought it was expensive. For dinner, she got us takeout at Whataburger. It rained really hard for about an hour.

I think dinner tonight will be some kind of imitation chicken strips, with potato salad and macaroni salad from the deli at Smith's, and corn from Smith's (SB cut it off the cob). This concludes today's riport.

4:15 p.m., Friday the 13th

I got pretty much caught up yesterday, although not with enough time left over to do a bot game. As for the "imitation" chicken strips, they were a pretty convincing imitation. We had macaroni salad but not potato salad, maybe we'll have that tonight. I'm pretty hungry right now, but trying to fast until dinner. We had a bit of a downpour, with lots of wind, about an hour ago. Right now my window is open. Rainee was in the window for a few minutes.

2:55 p.m., Sunday the 15th

Yesterday was pretty busy, we went to the MVD (express) to get a New Mexico license for me, and a license plate for BH's car, things that took a while. BH had gotten a New Mexico license a few weeks before, and one of the workers at this MVD noticed that his name was misspelled on that license. So he had to get a new license while we were there. After all that was completed, we went shopping at Target. SB had put a roast in the crock pot, so we ate at home, but SB said we would eat out today. Hopefully we will. I like to eat out.

I didn't know you drove.

Do you make your own breakfast and lunch? It sounds like you and BH rarely, if ever, make dinner. Do you clean, vacuum, mop, do dishes, etc.? Just curious.

Sometimes you feed the cat and clean litter boxes, I think. I guess clean your own bathroom, do your own laundry.

3:45 p.m., Monday the 16th

Re: "I didn't know you drove." ... LOL, I don't. Well, technically I could. But it's not necessary.

Re: "Do you make your own breakfast and lunch?" ... Dinner is usually the only meal I eat each day. Sometimes I snack. But I shouldn't.

Re: "Do you clean, vacuum, mop, do dishes, etc.?" ... Generally no. I do refill the cat's nightly feeder. That is the extent of my chore list.

12:00 p.m., Tuesday the 17th

I forgot, there's three other things I do around here. I make my own bed, I put away my own clean clothes and towels, and I put away my own personal groceries (such as paper products -- kleenex, paper towels, and TP). The rest of the chores are divided evenly between Brother-Husband and Snowbunny.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this stuff earlier in this blog -- at least one time. But it's been awhile, and for those who weren't here back then, you might as well know this about me. It's a part of how our MFM V works -- it's what works for us.

If anyone reading this thinks poorly of me, that is your privilege. By no means do I want to brag about it, but I don't think I should have to defend myself either. If BH or SB ask me to do a job, I do it. But 99% of the time, they don't ask, and I don't volunteer. I like living a life of luxury.

3:50 p.m., Wednesday the 18th

Yesterday for dinner, SB prepared salmon, salad, and baked potatoes; also we had potato salad and macaroni salad. Today at 5:00 p.m. she has a hair appointment, so I don't know if maybe she'll get takeout for us while she's out?

Yesterday during dinner, I started to cough, and SB said, "If you're going to cough, at least leave the table." Or at least I thought that might have been what she said. She gets like that at times, super negative about certain little things. And not just with me, with BH too. These negative moods are usually short-lived, but sometimes when she gets that way I just want to withdraw, I am afraid to approach her in any way. Today she seems to be in a more positive frame of mind, but I am still keeping a safe distance. And I'm really hungry, but I'm trying to fast until dinner.

I love salmon. Especially sockeye.

Are SB's moods maybe related to work or something else related, and it just is expressed at you or BH in these ways as a means for her to vent?

3:08 p.m., Thursday the 19th

I assume that all moods have some kind of origin, but I can't tell what precipitates SB's moods. Sometimes work seems to be a cause, but not always.

I got all caught up yesterday, with enough time remaining to do a Chess bot game. This was my first game against an opponent ("David") that is rated as high as 1400 ... and I won the game. Mind you I had the advantage of playing as White, and it was a messy game. David ended up with one rook to my zero rooks, and that rook wreaked havoc on me. What saved me is that I had enough pawns to get three of them promoted (before the rook could jump them). The first promotion I traded off with that rook, to get it off the board. After that, things were considerably easier. I ended up with two queens, for an easy checkmate. The only danger was that I might draw the game, but luckily that didn't happen.

For my next bot game, I will play as Black against David. If I lose that game, I'll go back to playing as White, then if I lose again, I'll go back to playing against 1300-point bots. Kind of depressing, but at least I know I *can* win against a 1400-point bot.

1:30 p.m., Friday the 20th

Boy am I stressed-out today. I could use a tall glass of Jägermeister. Unfortunately, SB would kill me.

3:54 p.m., Saturday the 21st

Well things went better for me yesterday, after that last post. I got caught up on everything, with time to spare for another bot game -- versus David, the 1400-point bot -- and I won again! This time I was playing as Black. It was a clean game too, in my opinion. The messiest moment for me was when I had to compromise my pawn structure. But that didn't turn out to be a problem. I actually wonder if David's style of playing is particularly weak when pitted against my own style. He did make things relatively easy for me in the opening. My next bot game will be (as White) against another 1400-point bot, named Ali. Ali will have a different playing style, and that may prove to be my undoing. Who knows.

If I can win against all of the 1400-point bots (including the Chess engine at 1400), I'll be advancing to the 1500-point bots, and Chess.com officially considers them to be the first of the advanced players. I don't feel advanced, but if I can make it that far, I'll be quite pleased. Advanced runs from 1500 to 2100 -- I certainly won't get past that category for awhile, if ever. After that is the Master level -- 2200 thru 2450. That's the highest level of "standard bots," after that there's the specialty/novelty categories that mostly imitate some real players. There is a Top Players category, 2500 thru 2800 ... and the Chess engine can be cranked as high as 3200. Heh; consider my mind blown.

Things were going so well ... until I went to sleep, and had a wicked nightmare. This isn't going to sound as frightening as it felt. There were many layers of symbolism. Somehow I was back in the church -- a theme that arises often in my dreams -- and I was assigned to give a talk. I had something really good prepared -- with a number of great scriptures. One of my best friends was conducting/presiding over the meeting. Then, after the meeting started, I realized I had forgotten to bring my scriptures. So I had to leave the meeting, hoping to get the scriptures and to still return in time. Well I couldn't seem to find my scriptures. And in fact, I lost my way. I got lost in a very large church building; I couldn't find my way out. The best I could do, was eventually pass into a different building, where the thing I had with me got scanned, and then I was led into a large room, where a number of blood relatives were seated at various tables.

It turned out, that I had just been committed to an insane asylum. The relative who told me this, went on to say, "I told you that you should have just given an impromptu talk, without the scriptures!" to which I disgustedly said, "Oh yeah, that would have been a great talk. And now here I am committed, and all I brought with me was this stupid coloring book." It was at that point that I woke up ... and let me tell you, I felt pretty awful. I decided to get up and do a pit stop, hoping it would clear my head. Then, after I went back to sleep, I had an extended series of dreams where I was drafted into the Army, and assigned to Afghanistan. Not upsetting enough to be called a nightmare, but a little unnerving. So here I am today, not as stressed-out as I was yesterday, but jonesing once again for some Jäger. BH and SB left a short time ago to go meet someone he is selling something to, but I don't think they'll be gone long enough for me to get away with the drinky-drink.

6:04 p.m., Monday the 23rd

So we are now in the process of getting our floor replaced. Today, tomorrow, and Wednesday -- three days is how long it *should* take. It's super stressful. I have to keep Rainee closed up in my room with me, and sometimes she gets tremendously sad about that. This should be our last, biggest project. I could use a nice, stiff drink ...

3:16 p.m., Tuesday the 24th

Rainee has been super good about her situation lately. For quite awhile, she was just sleeping on the top of her cat tree.

Tomorrow, things will get worse for her. She will have to spend most of the day tethered with a harness. The only other choice would be spending most of the day in a cage.

I just hope they finish the job tomorrow.

Back