Mourning my lost relationships & looking forward

Today I got a letter from NYS of Health. I had requested that my coverage date be bumped back to cover my ER visit I had in November. It was approved and they set it to November 1st instead of January 1st as it was originally set as. Later on, I got an email from the hospital, a bill. A $10,122.48 bill, for a FUCKING ER visit!! I swear, my eyes did a cartoonish pop out of my head type thing. 😲I wonder how fucking much was the single Valium pill that they gave me so they could run me through a CT & a MIR?

2021 Update so far

January was uneventful. YAY! Besides an a definite uptick in nosebleeds. BOO! I did send off the bill from the ER for my insurance to take care of. No response yet.

February 1st: NYS opens vaccinations for people 65 & up.
Feb, 3rd: So now I take on the task of trying to get Mom her vaccine shot.
Feb 26th: After many long nights & checking vaccination sites hourly. I was finally able to secure Mom her 1st & 2nd shot appointments! First one was yesterday at 10:15 am. WOOT! The 2nd is March 30th at 11AM. The nosebleeds continue to be annoying, sometimes twice a day. Since I have been keeping track of them in Dec., I have have 40 nosebleeds in 3 months. I will be going to the GP I chose when I got NYS insurance. I also need to have him confirm I have IBS/UC, Non-specific Migraine Syndrome and many allergies. Maybe one of these conditions will bump me up on the vaccine schedule? I dunno, we shall see.

Last edited:
"Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone." ~ Lionel Richie

Seems appropriate today cause I went beyond my comfort zone & called a realtor for JR today. The realtor seems nice, I will call him Mr. D. I am answering all his questions quickly & decisively. Everything seems to be going well. Then come questions about me, particularly what I do for a living. I tell him that I am a small business owner & that I make soap for a living. He got intrigued, and we sidetracked for a bit. It ends up that he wants to buy some soap from me, but needs to talk with his family first. So now I am waiting for a phone call about scheduling a viewing on a really nice 1br apartment & an email to my business account for soap! YAY

I AM ECSTATIC!!! **Happy Vendor Dance**

I have secured an event on March 20th. Have gotten a reoccurring Farmer's market events for June 19, August 14 & September 25th. WOOT!!

The apartment viewing went great. It comes furnished with a dinning table, couch with matching leather loveseat & full bedroom set with queen sized bed! The funniest thing about the viewing was neither JR nor I noticed that there isn't a sink in the efficiency kitchen. We already knew that there wasn't a stove. My mom was the one who pointed it out to us. Even without those things JR wants to move in ASAP. We are on hold due to the landlady wants to meet us, but is currently battling a bad case of Shingles. Hopefully she will be better soon.

On my side business Mr. D only bought 1 bar of soap. I cannot complain.

Last edited:
So annoyed, the last apartment we viewed fell through. We were so close. It seemed like we were a sure thing.

Bitch of the week (yet more ongoing shit with Elaine)

*Huge Sigh*
Were do I begin? Things have really hit the proverbial fan here. Nephew 1 has refused to go to school since mid Dec 2020. He has actively refused to leave the bedroom upstairs, especially when Dexus is visiting me. Cause Nephew 1 considers him "intimidating". 6'2" almost 24yr old Navy vet VS a 5'3" 16yr old. Not that Dexus would ever hurt Nephew 1, but I digress. Nephew 1 will only eat peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and has not even taken a shower since Jan 5th. Yes, 2 months of stinky teenager ass.
Nephew 2 during all this is going to school willingly & is keeping his hygiene wonderfully.

And now CPS has been called in cause Elaine & Ex-in-law are doing a horrible time parenting him. All the adults in the house is now named in the investigation of child abuse. I am freaking out cause I had a bad brush with CPS when Dexus was around 7-8yrs old. Long short short, it got so bad that I had to give up physical custody to my ex husband but we still shared custody.

My mom is scared as well cause CPS was involved when Erica's kids were taken into foster care for a year. My parents got slapped with a misdemeanor felony charge of child endangerment due to Erica not cleaning the house.

But I am furious. Mom want this finished & it seems that is the straw that broke the camels back. We took her in when she left Ex-in-law. She has been here for at least 3yrs., promising up & down that she just needs a bit more time to get on her feet. But now we are mixed into this mess that was happening LONG before they arrived. This is complete BULLSHIT

Due to the last apartment not working out I have gone on an FB Marketplace rentals contact binge. I PM'd 6 places 2 were rented. Out of the 4 left, we are viewing one on Sunday, another admitted that the apartment was way small for the price but is willing to look for others that might be good, and the last 2 are still bantering with me. Yay phishing for apartments.

I also fond out that NYS is opening up the vaccine to "all public facing government employees" on March 17th. That includes election poll workers. Which means that Hanna, Amanda & myself qualify! UBER HAPPY YAY! Now I need to contact Nassau County Board of Elections to find out how they can help us prove we are election poll workers.

Last edited:
I AM ECSTATIC!!! **Happy Vendor Dance**

I have secured an event on March 20th. Have gotten a reoccurring Farmer's market events for June 19, August 14 & September 25th. WOOT!!
I now have a 5th event on May 1st confirmed. And 6th event to be confirmed for April 10th (my birthday)! It looks like this year will be very good!

According to Elaine, the CPS worker said that the upstairs shower is required to be fixed. Even though there is a fully working bathroom on the first floor. :unsure: hmmm that seems a little suspicious. So Mom calls in the plumber. The plumber couldn't find where the leak was coming from so now the entire shower enclosure & shower pan needs to be replaced, estimated cost? $7825. Cause Elaine has been pushing for the repair to be done ever since she moved herself & the Nephews in, she is chipping in $2000 towards the repair. But Mom is now paying the rest. Hanna, Amanda & I are planning to give Mom some of the stimulus money we are getting in.

Nephew 1 is still continuing to refuse to go to school. Even though he has now finally taken a shower. We have taken all of his excuses away by giving him all the privacy he had been saying he was denied. I even put plastic privacy film on the window, so he cannot complain about people trying to peep at him through an upstairs bathroom window.
He is now saying that the bus ride is too long. The rest of the adults response to that? "Great, leave." or "don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!" Mom wants to give them another 6 months to find a place to live. IMO that is too long. Elaine is going to procrastinate to the last fucking day & then try to pull at mom's heartstrings. Elaine & Ex-in-law don't know of Mom's decision yet. Mom says she will be having a talk with them soon. I just asked her to have this talk while I am out of the house. If Elaine goes into one of her rages, blames me for Mom's ultimatum & gets into my face. I will not hold back. Mom's decision had nothing to do with me or my opinion. Elaine can believe what is wants to, I don't give a damn.

Last edited:
Yesterday the renovation was completed. The tilework needs to fully cure, so we cannot use it until Thursday.

Elaine had yet another caseworker from a crisis group in to deal with Nephew1's refusal to go to school. He met her & then proceeded to bullshit her. He promised that he would go to school the next day. Of course he did not & said to his mother "Ok, I a willing to go, but you will have to drive me in. Oh, Nana went out & you can't borrow her car? I guess I am not going in, am I?"

I swear I can almost hear the gears in his brain working trying to figure out how to try & outsmart everyone. Since the new shower doesn't have a glass door on it anymore. I warned Elaine that Nephew 1 will complain about water on the bathroom floor & will use it as yet another excuse. She dismissed my warning like it wasn't even a factor. Now I just wait to see if I am correct.

The apartment search continues. I am going to look at one today & we have another viewing for a different one on Saturday. Happy thoughts.

Well, the leak in the shower wasn't fixed. After I got dripped on we called in the plumber on Friday to assess, rip out the patch on the kitchen ceiling, to find what was leaking. But he could not recreate where the dripping was coming from. They left the ceiling open over the weekend so we could pinpoint the leak & take videos, which we did. We found that the top left side of the U bend was collecting water then slowly dripping down to the lowest point. They are coming back today to hopefully fix it completely.

Resized_20210326_162330.jpeg

JR & I went and saw 2 apartments during this time. And once again, got real close to signing a lease, but it went to another. I am beginning to believe that the landlords do not like that JR works nights 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm with the occasional overtime/overnight. So I am going to change the way I explain our schedules as "He works evenings and I work days & weekends during the spring & summer months." Since JR lets me do the talking with the realtors/landlords while he takes his time to go over every single inch of the place.

JR & I went and saw 2 apartments during this time. And once again, got real close to signing a lease, but it went to another. I am beginning to believe that the landlords do not like that JR works nights 2:30 pm to 10:30 pm with the occasional overtime/overnight. So I am going to change the way I explain our schedules as "He works evenings and I work days & weekends during the spring & summer months." Since JR lets me do the talking with the realtors/landlords while he takes his time to go over every single inch of the place.
Wow, I don't remember having an apartment complex ever ask my schedule - employment, sure, but only from a "how much do I make" standpoint.

Wow, I don't remember having an apartment complex ever ask my schedule - employment, sure, but only from a "how much do I make" standpoint
It's a strange thing. They will ask about it & when I answer they always seem to twitch a bit, almost like you can hear them thinking "Oh, an 'off schedule' person." People that work nights are cops/nurses/doctors which is considered good or bartenders/waitstaff which can be considered bad. JR works for the County in water treatment. But the realtor or landlord rarely get that far in their questions. Not only that he makes more than enough for these places. I feel that they judge him for his schedule before anything else. Also most of the apartments we are looking for are in private residences.

Last edited:
Consider pre-empting the question by throwing out there that he's a county employee before they can even ask about schedules. Then they might not actually even ask. And if they do.... frankly, it's none of their business, so just be vague and say that he's got a typical gov't job and don't really answer the question directly.

Consider pre-empting the question by throwing out there that he's a county employee before they can even ask about schedules. Then they might not actually even ask. And if they do.... frankly, it's none of their business, so just be vague and say that he's got a typical gov't job and don't really answer the question directly.
Thanks, I will do that. Cut them off before any judgement happens.

So Yesterday my mom was to get her 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine. When she got to her appointment at our local Walgreens. She was told that they only have the Moderna vaccine, they cannot give it to her due to possible interactions between the two vaccines. They also told her that she should go back to the original Walgreens.
Knowing the hassle I went through to get her appointments in the first place. I call the first Walgreens to see if the have any open appointments for the second shot. They tell me that they do not handle appointments & that the website is what does. Hence the problem in the first place. So now I am back to trying to find a 2nd dose appointment for her & get myself my appointments. During all this Elaine was able to secure her 1st shot for today & was acting like it was easy as pie. GRRRRR

Last edited:
UDPATE
A friend of mine on FB told me to try & get mom an appointment through CVS. It worked, I got her 2nd dose vaccine appointment for Friday at 1:30pm.

About an hour later I was able to get myself an appointment for Saturday at 8:15am for the J&J shot. YAY 1 and DONE!

Last edited:
Birthday weekend was a great one. JR bought me the most recent Dresden Files book. I am reading it in 2-3 chapter blocks. I can devour a 200 page book in no time flat. I want to savour it. He also put a deposit down on the tattoo I was supposed to get last year, before everything shut down. With this deposit it secures an appoinment for May 27th!

May was uneventful for the most part. Elaine issues have died down since she got a job waitressing at a local pizza place. The big highlight was finally getting my tattoo on the 27th. This was to be my birthday gift from JR last year, but the pandemic shut things down.
The words mean "My heart, My soul, My love" in Irish Gaelic.

Attachments

• tat 527.jpg
    tat 527.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 3
Busy Busy Busy, Ups & Downs

I have been a happy & busy soap vendor. I have had 5 events, most good, some not so good. I thought we had found an apartment for JR & he put a deposit down on it. But after thinking about it over this past weekend he decided it wasn't what he wanted after all.

So since I was the contact for it I ended up catching the 'flack' from the prospective landlord. "I wish he could have told me earlier. I could've had it rented by now." While I understand her annoyance. But JR had given the deposit on Friday night, it's Tuesday afternoon, DEAL.

Last Sunday, while working an event. I got a notification about an apartment I thought I had lost before being able to view it, it happens, alot. This perspective landlord asked if JR could look at it at Noon that day. So he scrambled over & LOVED IT. More money BOO, but better town & way larger YAY. JR & New LL (I will call him that till I come up with something better) hit it off spectacularly. And now we are in a holding pattern until August 9th to see if we got it.

I finally put my big girl panties on & went to the dentist at the end of July. I have hereditary gum disease. So no matter how well took care of my teeth, my gums are are bad & I would eventually loose my teeth. I had my 5 front teeth removed 8+ years ago & got a partial denture. Since then my canine teeth, which are the anchor teeth for the partial, have been or going to be removed. Leaving my current partial useless & dangerous. I had tried to use it after one anchor tooth was removed. But had ended up hooking the inside of my mouth with one of the wires. So the next procedure is having the last canine tooth removed. Leaving me with 4 teeth on the bottom, one of which is a remnant of a permanent bridge I had (long story for another time). Then after that new impressions done & new lower denture made. And I have a pretty bad cavity in my only upper bicuspid. And will have to have a root canal done & a cap placed. I have had a bad experience with dentists in the past so I am not looking forward to any of this. But I know that it has to be done. Adulting SUCKS.

Last edited:
Back