Mourning my lost relationships & looking forward

Valynn

Dental Annoyances

Well got the tooth pulled as scheduled last week and has since healed. Then found out the there is a 50/50 chance of the root canal & the new partial denture being approved by my insurance.

BOTH WERE DENIED

According to the insurance I have other teeth in the area to bite & chew with for the root canal being denied. I am beside myself that the denture was denied. I am missing 8 teeth in the front lower & cannot bite at all without using my tongue to meet my top teeth then kinda shake my head to tear away a reasonable mouthful of food. It's very embarrassing.

There is no way that the old partial could be used cause both anchor teeth for it have since been removed. I will be calling the insurance tomorrow to see what can be done. this is ridiculous. I do not have $770 out of pocket to have this done. I really do not want to beg JR to pay for it.

Last edited:

Valynn

We also have gone to lots of apartment viewings but none of them have panned out. I have 2 more nibbles on the line (yes we have devolved into fishing terms) both in the same town. Nibble 1 is tomorrow at 4pm & Nibble 2 is on Saturday at 1pm.

Valynn

Surprise for today, I got a call from my dental insurance while out on lunch with JR. I had totally forgotten that I had requested info on how to submit an appeal. It turns out that my root canal was one procedure to be approved. The post & cap was a separate approval. Both have been denied due to NY state defining that if I have 8 points of contact in that area, that I can chew properly. Making the root canal & cap a non-essential, cosmetic procedure. But since my initial check up when they found it, it now throbs and will most likely only get worse.

She did not have any info on my denture partial approval. She did take notes that I need entire new replacement of an older, 5 tooth partial denture. So hopefully with this additional info the approval will be swift.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nibble #1 got away. We still have #2 on Saturday to look at so the search continues.

Last edited:

Valynn

At my last GYN check up my doctor found a suspicious lump/enlarged duct in my left breast. I am going to have a mammogram with a sonogram. I am I bit freaked & I couldn't get an appointment due to the holidays both secular & governmental.

Valynn

It's a hurry up and wait thing right now. On Monday I requested my medical records from the imaging place I had my previous mammogram from. That place I found out was out of network for my new insurance. And I cannot schedule an appointment at the new place without my records. YAY **super sarcastic tone**