New to the Site, Only Sort of New to Polyamory

under_moonlight

You can call me Moon or Selenite, I am a cis female who just turned 30 over the summer (I won't update my age over time so do the math - if the post has aged I have as well) and I live in the Central Jersey area (USA)

I'm still questioning my full sexuality, but at the moment I feel like I most identify as pansexual. I was in a monogamous relationship with my husband since 2012, got married in 2017, and opened up to dating on our own in late 2020. I am also in a a relationship with another partner as of early this year (2021) and just transitioned to a long distance relationship with him a few months ago when he moved. I have honestly not had any experience with anyone but men (all cis), but I have always been attracted to other women. More recently I have discovered that there is not one or two particular places my attraction falls on the gender spectrum between the two which is why I feel I find myself being drawn to the pansexual identity. I am always open for conversation and education on this subject hoenstly as someone new to identifying in such a way.

I think there will never again be a time where I am not 'open' to new partners, but I do have time constraints at the moment that may make it difficult to make the necessary time for fostering new relationships. I currently work full time and just finished my Bachelors in Business Administration after returning to school. I hopefully will start pursuing my Masters this Fall, and have wild dreams of eventually maybe pursuing my PhD in the far away future. In addition to this I also am involved in my community on volunteer level.

For leisure, I really enjoy hiking (though I am not a pro) and just being out in nature in general. I am a sucker for a water feature (i.e. the sea, a lake, a waterfall, etc) and I love hikes with a lot of flora & fauna to admire. I enjoy kayaking and swimming as well when its warm enough (I'm not a fan of cold weather). I do have a garden, but all I have had success in growing really is some pumpkins maybe. I like to listen to audio books and podcasts, read manga and webtoons, and watch some shows and anime. I do not craft or make art as often as I would like to or used to, but every once and a while I will end up making something when a particular creative feeling strikes.

I have also recently been attending munches in the area and am new to the kink scene. I'm not sure I'd ever 'play' with anyone other than a romantic partner, but I have found the community to be welcoming, engaging, and accepting. I am particularly interested in rope, though I have never experienced tying someone up or being tied up.

A last notable fact about myself is that I was diagnosed as a young child with what is now known as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) 1. Though people have mentioned I 'look so put together' it had had a significant impact on how I interact with others and my mental health.

I look forward to getting to know people here in the community. That is what I'm mostly looking for out of this site. I have only come out to my one sister and a few close friends about this new part of my identity (both partners are okay with that at this time), and I sometimes find myself wanting perspective/insight from other polyamorous people that aren't my partners. Hopefully I can find that here!

Warm Regards,
Moon

Welcome Moon, I really hope you do find a community here. I did. It's not the fastest paced forum, but if you stick around, you'll get to know the regulars :)

Welcome to the forum Moon. Look arounf and check out the many posts. lots of information here. reading others posts has helped me to learn more about who I am in this poly world.

take care.

Thank you both for the warm welcomes!

Great intro, nice to meet you! You sound like a very busy woman.

Greetings Moon,
Welcome to our forum. Please feel free to lurk, browse, etc.

I'm glad you're here, I hope I can be part of the poly community that you seek. I am also on the autism spectrum, in case that helps. Anyway, it sounds like you have been on a wonderful poly journey, and you are still traveling! You seem to be a sharp and interesting person, I hope you get that PhD someday. Keep reading and posting, and let us know if you have any questions!

Sincerely,
Kevin T., "official greeter" :)

Notes:

There's a *lot* of good info in Golden Nuggets. Have a look!

Please read through the guidelines if you haven't already.

Note: You needn't read every reply to your posts, especially if someone posts in a disagreeable way. Given the size and scope of the site it's hard not to run into the occasional disagreeable person. Please contact the mods if you do (or if you see any spam), and you can block the person if you want.

If you have any questions about the board itself, please private-message a mod and they'll do their best to help.

Welcome aboard!

Thank you also both for the warm welcome!

@Magdlyn I am definitely busy, but by choice. I didn't realize it until recently, but I have been using keeping myself busy as an escape from entering a depressive episode like I did a few times in my formative yearS. I only realized recently because I'm in the middle of my two degrees and currently on a two week vacation from work at the same time. Unfortunately I realize I probably need to talk to a therapist about it because it's been slightly self destructive and probably not necessarily the healthiest coping mechanism. 😅

@Kevin T I definitely will keep on r eww adding at least. I used to heavily partake in forums in my late teens and early twenties, but I got a little burnt out. Every once and a while I'll get into a forum or a discord, but my participation will taper off as I sometimes have a hard time keeping up. Thankfully it seems like this a much slower paced forum as @Evie mentioned above, so there might be a chance that doesn't happen.

-Moon

Sounds good. You have a full plate, so I know your participation here will be limited. You seem like an insightful person, so anything you can contribute will probably be valuable to many visitors here. Read and post when you can, and good luck with your many endeavors!

Back