Next chapter

Friday date at 4pm confirmed!

And another lovely evening with my new guy... So happy it's working out!

I had invited him to come at 4, and he tried... But a few blocks from his house he hit a small but deep pothole in a construction area and it sliced one of his tires in 2 places! Luckily he has AAA. It took a while to get the spare out of the well. The first AAA guy couldn't figure out how to do it!

So he limped back home and looked up Youtubes on what to do. He didn't have a screwdriver long enough to get it out, so he called AAA again! This guy then got the wheel out in 10 minutes. Sheesh, what a pain. Luckily his spare was in good shape. So he got here at 6 instead of 4. Good thing I'd asked him to come early!

I felt kind of like GirlfromTexlahoma. We made love for hours... We did take a break to cuddle and watch a movie. I love that he loves movies as much as I do! My last 2 male partners were not into movies at all. He somehow had a yen to watch Breakfast at Tiffany's. And I had recorded it on TMC a month or so ago and hadn't watched it yet. :)

I had watched it a few years ago and even got the novella (Truman Capote) online and read it, but I'd forgotten a lot of it. So happy to watch it again. I found out from TCM's host that Capote had wanted Marilyn Monroe for the part, and when they couldn't get her for it, he never really got over it. Of course, it's a classic role of Audrey Hepburn's, but I tried to picture MM in the role as we watched it. It would have been so different!

We returned to bed after the movie. Fucked and napped, fucked some more. It was getting late and he was being so snuggly I finally asked him if he'd like to spend the night. But he decided he better go, so he could get up early and go tire shopping.

I can't help but compare him to my last 2 male SOs, as well as Nick, who I only got to be with 3 times. I guess that is what the brain does. So far he's coming out ahead in some areas... Gosh he's just such an enthusiastic lover, sensitive and gentle at times, all passionate and energetic at other times.

So glad to be enjoying his company!

Pixie has been gone at camp again all week. Camp ends today, but she may go to her bf's first tonight. We will see. Then I have her home for the week, and she has a long weekend at camp, and the following week as well. Then she'll be done for the year.

I have a friend staying with me. Our friend T had some roommate trouble that became a crisis. The way his "friend" roomie handled it was so toxic, he had to get out quick. His place prior to this one also ended badly with a pretty nutso roommate. He's now given up on roommates! He is looking for a small place of his own. So, fingers crossed something pops up. He's put out tons of messages online and will keep messaging. He's an extrovert and had been trying the roommate thing since his divorce a few years back, but feels he'll be better off living alone and just seeing friends as much as possible.

T works nights and goes to school too. He took his summer finals and finished school for the semester on Tuesday. He works Tues- Friday nights. So I had the place to myself for new guy each time he came.

I need a nickname for new guy now, since this thing seems to be really real. I have to think...

My energy levels have picked up so much in the past month, I feel ready to get in touch with the families I work(ed) for and see if they still want me as a sitter, and get back to work!

I've been swimming 3 times in the past 9 days or so, and walking more, and have gotten back into gardening some! Almost feeling myself again. Whew!

OK, I've decided on a nickname. New guy was born in Mexico and moved to the US when he was a young teen.

So in honor of his native country and his artistic philosophical nature, I shall call him Kahlo.

I'm so happy to hear this one is working out! You are certainly due for some good times. I hear ya on the comparison thing too...I try not to, but somehow I still end up thinking about the reasons why Zen is such a better partner than others have been for me in the past.

I felt kind of like GirlfromTexlahoma. We made love for hours... We did take a break to cuddle and watch a movie.

😂
This cracked me up! Seriously, though, I'm averaging 15 hours a week naked-in-bed time with Castle. It's fucking ridiculous and I'm sure at some point we will have to slow down. But for now... Mmmm yummy NRE sex :p

I'm so happy to hear you're feeling more like yourself :D

😂
This cracked me up! Seriously, though, I'm averaging 15 hours a week naked-in-bed time with Castle. It's fucking ridiculous and I'm sure at some point we will have to slow down. But for now... Mmmm yummy NRE sex :p

That is pretty ridiculous lol. I'm twice your age, and I don't have the strength for that much, despite my high sex drive. But let's see, I had maybe 3 hours all told of sex with Kahlo last Friday, and a lot of cuddles, and then 2 hour long sessions with Pixi this week, and a lot of cuddles, and Kahlo is coming over again tonight! I'm feeling well taken care of. Thank god.

I was happy with the amount of sex I used to have with former partners Ginger and Punk. Both were in the habit of twice weekly visits, sometimes 3. And then I get girl sex in between...

I'm so happy to hear you're feeling more like yourself :D

Thanks, I am happy to be improving. I have had a little slump the past couple days and have had to slow down... I overdid it some, went to look at apartments 2 days w T, and I swam again. Lots of time in the car too. Also I had a sleep deficit thanks to my needy dog always waking me at 5am or so, and I hadnt had time for a nap.

I took 2 naps yesterday, for a total of 5 hours, so that helped. Pixi kept the dog quiet for me.

Today I went to chiro, brought my car to the garage for a new oxygen sensor, then I got a pedi. Kahlo is coming over at 5:30 and we are actually going to share a meal. I am making vegetarian lasagna. If Pixi is here she will also eat with us. She isn't sure if or when she's going to her bf's tonight.

Date #4 with Kahlo clocked!

This was the night he met Pixi! And it went well, as I knew it would. Having her in the house made my time with Kahlo a little more complicated, but so it goes.

He didn't have car trouble (for once lol) and actually got here early, since he was in the neighborhood picking up a printer from Freecycle. Pixi had showered and put on actual clothes instead of her usual around the house comfs, for the occasion. But she was downstairs in the girl cave when Kahlo got here, and stayed there for a while.

Kahlo and I sat on the couch and cuddled and talked for an hour or so. I got distracted by him and left the lasagna in the oven 10 minutes too long! Ooops! Damn NRE.

Then we went downstairs and did introductions. We brought our food down there and ate around the coffee table. The lasagna was appreciated. After dinner, Pixi went upstairs to work on her camp equipment. Also she got some brand new stereo speakers for free (how she got them is a story unto itself) and so is reorganising the living room as she sets up all the wireless stereo stuff. She loves that kind of techy stuff.

Her bf couldn't see her last night but she might go tonight.

Kahlo and I looked at my DVR and settled on the 1960 Time Machine movie. He'd had a busy day and was kind of low key. The movie starts out slow and he cuddled against me and I could tell he fell asleep for a few minutes. He's so cute when he's sleepy.

Then he woke back up and we watched for a while but he kept getting sexy with me... and I didn't want to do anything in the girl cave with the chance Pixi would wander in. So I finally said, let's take a break and go play? He wanted to. Up to the bedroom for a good hour... Finally he fell asleep again lol. I had to rouse him. And we went and finished the movie.

I found out he'd broken a kneecap in February while climbing rocks in... Hawaii. That man gets around. So he's finally starting back to the gym to strengthen the muscles around his knee. That, plus early meetings at work made him so tired. It was still a fun date though, slowly getting to know each other.

All I want from the "escalator" right now is someone to entertain me and fuck me silly. So far, that is what I've got. I asked if he has travel plans coming up, but he doesn't, he wants to concentrate on business for now.

Pixi thought Kahlo was "cute and cool... and mysterious." He is a freedom lover. Sounds like a bit of a Peter Pan thing going on, but maybe he's growing out of it some. Doesn't bother me either way, since he meets my qualifications!

So, he got here at 5 and left at 10ish. He sure seems to like hanging out with me. We will probably see each other on the weekend. He's gonna text me when he knows what he's doing.

Pixi leaves for camp early on Friday, comes back late Monday. Repeat the following weekend. She is then going to have some weekend trips through the fall, representing camp at various cons for the population they serve.

I didn't mention Kahlo is a visual artist as well as a song writer, guitar player. On one of our dates he kept pausing occasionally to whistle a tune that arose from his head into a recording app on his phone. That is how he gets his melodies.

And since he's artistic, he sure does appreciate my vintage displays and my paintings. On seeing one of my paintings for the first time, he spent 10 minutes in front of it commenting and asking questions.

I need to ask him to bring his guitar and sing to me soon. :eek:

Thanks so much powerpuff.

Things seem to be going so well, for a new relationship. I saw Kahlo last Sunday, the 27th, and we have plans for later today. That adds up to 6 dates in our first month, since we met on August 4th.

On Sunday as we parted he said he had a "fantastic time." :eek: We had marathon sex, then went downstairs and played music youtubes from my phone to the big screen. It was fun sharing some of our favorite music with each other.

Our friend T is still with us, still apartment hunting. He spent much of this week moving his stuff from his old place (with the toxic roommate) into storage, while still looking at apartments and working too. I hope he finds a place soon. Our housing market is so tight. His anxiety levels are pretty high. It makes me appreciate how much more in control Pixi's anxiety is than his is, lol

Pixi leaves for her last camp weekend tomorrow. She will go to her bf's tonight and spend the night and leave for camp from his place. They weren't able to get together this week yet as he'd had a cold or something. He suffers from a lot of sinus issues. I hope he's better enough she doesn't catch anything.

It will be so nice to have her back home after this weekend. She's so tired... we haven't even had sex this week, but lots of cuddles. Thank goodness Kahlo is taking care of me in the sex/kink department every few days. Big benefit of poly!! One partner can't do everything.

Camp is so good for Pixi though. Her self confidence is really growing. She's such a great counselor she is being promoted to director in charge of camp day to day workings. The head director is involved with fund raising and the other camp branch in California and many other things. Pixi will need to do more office work, but still work directly with the kids as well, doing archery and lots of other things.

We did have a couple nice dates nights this week. On Tuesday we spent time in the kitchen together cutting up chicken and veggies and marinating them and skewering them for shish kabob. Pixi grilled everything, we ate, yumyum, and then we threw a couple small chunks of firewood on the remaining charcoal after dinner to sit and enjoy the fire, since it was a cool damp but not raining night.

Last night Pixi suggested we go to this 75 year old funky family restaurant diner place in the next town for fish and chips. It was really fun. She had some buffalo chicken wings and fish and chips. I had lobster bisque and Key West style fish nuggets with a sweet tropical tasting tartar sauce.

My energy levels have gotten lower the past couple weeks. i guess they will come back at some point. I miss the higher energy I had in the beginning of August.

Now off to chiro.

Hey, thanks for directing me to GirlfromTexlahoma's blog and your blog. I love reading about your relationship with Pixi, and I look forward to updates on Kahlo.

Hey, thanks for directing me to GirlfromTexlahoma's blog and your blog. I love reading about your relationship with Pixi, and I look forward to updates on Kahlo.

You're welcome!

So I guess I've had 8 dates with Kahlo now... This thing seems to be real and I guess I can quit keeping track! LOL

He got here at 6 last night. Just before he arrived, Pixi and T went out to Target, so Kahlo and I had some cuddles on the couch uninterrupted. He started being sexual with me right away (I think it had been 8 days since our last date, he was eager!). But I had to talk a little, tell him how stressed I'd been the previous day during Irma's attack on Florida. I have lots of family and friends down there. Luckily everyone came through with no damage to bodies or properties. But god was I worried and tense all day!

So anyway, we headed to the bedroom soon enough. We ended up being in there 2 hours, fucking and cuddling and talking and fucking some more and napping and more fucking and more cuddles and telling stories of our lives. He's nice and dominant in bed. He is also a bit of a sadist, and is increasing his activities in that area gradually. I'm all for it, it's just what I want!

Outside of actual things we do in that area, he is sweet and gentle and funny and a little absent minded in a charming way. Like, he's so intelligent and gets lost in his philosophical ideas and misses out on little details of life right in front of him.

When we finally decided to emerge from the bedroom, Pixi and T were setting up for a game night. We played Exploding Kittens and a vintage 1970s game called The Magnificent Race, which should be more popular. T and Kahlo had never seen it before and we all really had fun. It was neat to have my new bf interacting with Pixi and our old friend T, and playing games. It gave me more insight into his character.

After we were done with the games, it was getting late. T went to bed. Pixi and Kahlo and I made some food and watched some TV and chatted some more.

Ahh, it was all so fun, Kahlo didn't leave until 12:45! Long past my bedtime but I didn't mind.

So, Pixi got home from camp about 11 days ago. She was sooo tired, her little body was aching. She really pushes herself. So the first week home she rested a lot. This week she is starting to get projects done. It's nice to have her back and be a couple again! She has had to get caught up with her bf too of course. He is interested in more and more time with her. It's something new to get used to. Not bad, but different and a little awkward. I occasionally feel something approaching jealousy, just a tiny bit. I guess it's envy. But we talked it over for a few minutes just to clear the air. And now she's getting those projects done that went undone all summer, so I feel better.

I talked to my daughter the other day. She is the one who had so many psychological issues in her late teens and early 20s? Well that is in the past. She's been improving for 3 years now. She told me she is starting back to college, and is also newly pregnant with baby #3!

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, the same day I last saw Kahlo, I also saw my old bf Punk.

Once again I commented on one of his social media posts, and he texted me right away and started chatting. He was having really bad back spasms as a side effect from a psych med... he'd discontinued the med, but the back was really bad. The Valium he got for the pain didn't work. He's resistant to most pain meds ever since his terrible shoulder injury years ago.

So, I said, hey, I've got some oxys left over from my herniated disc pain last year, want a couple? He came right over.

I know he'll take any excuse to get together. He really likes me/us and wants to hang out... sigh. It's so hard for me. He's so fucking cute.

This time we mostly sat around the girl cave, and Pixi sat on the couch with him and I sat in an arm chair. It helped some to put some space between us.

Otherwise it was really really fun to talk and joke around and stuff. He's good guy. Even if he won't or can't have sex with me. He was here a couple hours.

Next day he texted about something we'd been talking about, and also told me his back has relaxed. So, I helped him.

I've GOT to get back on the board more often... Glad things are going well, Mags (well, for everyone except the poor overcooked lasagna, that is)! Looking forward to hearing more about Kahlo (and maybe if you don't have it, we can bring Bears vs. Babies over for ya to play)! :)

Hey YaH, glad to see you back. I hope we can get together soon. I am still pacing myself, but I miss you guys!

Yesterday was my fall Pyrex swap. I really took it easy. I hardly brought anything to trade. And it was an hour 15 min drive away, the farthest I've driven myself anywhere since getting sick. So, I got there late and just stayed an hour and a half. It was super fun though, great group of gals. I traded and sold a few things, and bought some other things, remarkable pieces, great prices. Fun!

Also yesterday, T finally found an apartment! Just what he wanted to pay, in a good neighborhood in Worcester. I am so happy for him. It's not quite ready to move in, the owners are making a few improvements, but it will be soon. He is so relieved! He wants something he can live in a long time. He wants to adopt a kid or 2 before too much longer. So the neighborhood is surrounded by child friendly places, parks, a lake with a swimming beach, and it has a big backyard too.

He's been a good guest, but it will be nice to have our privacy back.

Tonight he and Pixi and I are splurging and going to see It. :) We are all Stephen King fans and didn't want to wait til it comes out online. Special treat! I invited Kahlo but it turns out he doesn't like movie theaters, even though he loves movies. He is coming here tomorrow night, we'll watch a movie on our own big screen.

I was inviting him over every 5 days but I've changed it to once a week since I was getting overwhelmed what with T being here too. Plus I've been enjoying reconnecting with Pixi after her summer away.

Kahlo leaves tomorrow for a month plus a week in Mexico City, his hometown. His family went through the recent earthquake. They are OK but some of their houses have cracks. I found out he co-owns a house there with a cousin. Their grandmother left it to them. He'd been planning on going down before the earthquake happened. I hope things go OK and he's safe!

I am going to miss him! We seem to be established though, so I guess we will pick right up again when he comes back. I saw him twice last week and once this week. Time just flies when we are together.

The other day, our temporary guest T was in a small low impact car accident. No whiplash or anything. It was his fault, his GPS starting incorrectly trying to reroute him, and he hit a car in front of him, which had stopped at a yellow light.

He has work and school in and around Boston. Now his car is in the shop awaiting insurance red tape before work can begin on it. So Pixi drove him to Boston yesterday (she had a dr appt) and he will crash there until he has his car back. I guess his insurance doesn't cover a rental. He is supposed to move into his new apartment this weekend, so god knows what will happen if his car isn't ready... time will tell. Meanwhile, Pixi and I were getting a little tired of having a house guest. It's been 6 weeks! So now he's gone early and we have our privacy back.

I hurt my back, pulled some muscles, cutting away weeds and sumac from the foundation on two sides of the house on Saturday. I did OK pruning bushes out front a month ago, so it must've been the bending over that did me in. But I've gotten another pain med from my GP, and it helps for acute pain.

On Sunday I medded up and Pixi and I drove 90 minutes to a beach on the very north of the Massachusetts coast. I hadn't been to the ocean in 14 months!!! I was just dying to go. Well, it was great. When we got our chairs and stuff to the beach, I plunked down and rested and we ate our picnic. After that we tried the water. It was what you'd call "warm" for New England! We waded a lot. And eventually I felt I could handle walking. The tide was going out and the sand was hard. It was great. I was stiff at first but as soon as my endorphins kicked in, I felt fine.:)

Lovely lovely relaxing day. It was in the 80s. This beach is a bird sanctuary and protected. There are limits on the amount of cars allowed in so it's always quite uncrowded. So relaxing. We plan to get to our other favorite beach this fall too; there is still plenty of good weather left.

I saw both my cancer dr and my regular dr last week. I also got an eye exam and had STD labs done. Ordered new glasses and frames (some so cute cats eye frames!) and my STDs all came out negative.

Of course, I am thinking of fluid bonding with Kahlo. I asked if he had any women in Mexico... nope. So once he gets tested, I think we will be good to go. He told me he hasn't had a steady gf in a couple years.

T got the news his car had $4000 worth of damage! Such a shame, he only recently finished paying it off and he was so proud, and glad to have no car payments.

His anxiety is through the roof. Pixi is going to help him move tomorrow and they are lining up a few more strong people to help. I'm glad Pixi and I had a few nice days to bond, since she'll be gone most of the day on Saturday, and then spend the entire day with her bf on Sunday.

I suspect I slightly sprained my back last Saturday doing the gardening, pruning, weeding. Then I kept up activities by going to the beach and then vacuuming a lot... I had to vacuum, it was so overdue.

Today I have chiro and then in the afternoon an appointment with a headache specialist my GP recommended, because of the pain I get from my neck bones that are aligned incorrectly and for which there is no treatment. After that I can rest and hopefully get relief from the back pain... Growing older is not for wimps. sigh...

2 nights ago I forced myself to rest. I'd recorded the director's cut of the movie Woodstock. Back in the day, I'd owned the album and memorised it, and also saw the original 2 hour movie. This one was 4 hours. Pixi watched it with me. Being younger she was unfamiliar with much of the lore and some of the groups. It was great to see Janis, Jimi, and Ten Years After in their primes. Pixi was enthralled with all the joy and fantastic music from that legendary weekend. I also recorded the Monterey Pop Festival which was from earlier in the summer of '69. Looking forward to that one too!

I saw both my cancer dr and my regular dr last week. I also got an eye exam and had STD labs done. Ordered new glasses and frames (some so cute cats eye frames!) and my STDs all came out negative.

No news on any of this is GREAT news. Happy for you.

No news on any of this is GREAT news. Happy for you.

Thanks! My new cute glasses are also ready. I hope Pixi and I can drive into Boston early next week to pick them up. Can't wait to do a vintage makeup and headscarf and put on my cats eye glasses and do some selfies to show off on my vintage lifestyle boards.

Hmm, so my medication journey has changed again. I saw the headache specialist yesterday, and as soon as she got an understanding of my neck bones and spine issues in general, she prescribed gabapentin, which is for nerve pain. Last week my GP gave me a prescription for cyclobensapirine, which, like my tramadol, is a muscle relaxer.

The cyclo plus my tramadol worked well for me last Sunday when we went to the beach. The pain from the strained muscles in my lower back went away and I was able to take a long walk on the sand. But Pixi takes gabapentin for her nerve pain, and when I'd tried it, it also worked for me! I guess I have both lower back muscle pain, and upper back, neck, head, nerve pain... sigh.... so confusing.

Anyway, I was told to take one gabapentin at bedtime for a week, see how I do. I can take up to 4 a day, depending on what I need, increasing once a week. I took one around 4:30 yesterday, instead of waiting til bedtime. Well. I was tired from it and went to bed around 10:30 and then woke up fresh as a daisy, at 3:30 am! This is going to take some adjustment.

The weird thing is, Pixi is supposed to take her gabapentin 3 times a day, morning noon and night, whereas my dr wants me to take up to 4, all at once, at bedtime. Pixi is terrible about taking meds though. I always need to remind her and practically force her to take her meds (hormones, antidepressants, vitamins as well as one gabapentin) at some point in the day. She was taking another gabapentin or two during the day at camp, just because she was working her body so hard, but now that she is home, she isn't really taking 3 a day anymore, just one. I guess she feels OK enough on one. She should take one at bedtime, but I am already asleep when she comes to bed and can't remind her, so she forgets.

So, this is all very boring to anyone but me, I am sure. It's just complicated so I wanted to write it out for my own benefit.

Moving on...

T found out yesterday, his car is toast. It's been declared totaled. Poor guy. He's going to have to buy a new car next week. Today is his moving day. He is borrowing another friend's SUV and Pixi will be using my Rav4 instead of her Scion. The move can't start until after T goes to the apartment at 2pm for a walk through with his new landlord. It's supposed to rain most of the day, but stop around 4. Unfortunately it's getting darker earlier now, so I don't know how that will affect the move of T's stuff from his storage unit to his apartment. Well, it's not my problem, I am not helping! Not with this back of mine. It will all work out in the end. I'm happy for him. I am also happy for his cats, who have been living in our guest room for 6 weeks! Poor kitties. They are afraid of our dog, and I am afraid for my Pyrex displays, so we haven't let them out of the bedroom more than 2 or 3 times.

Since we've had T here, and I started up with Kahlo, I've neglected my son and our friend K. (Since I am still lacking in energy, I don't feel able to be SO social.) But now that T is moving out, I am thinking of a plan to go play bar trivia at our favorite brew pub with them (and Pixi, but not T) next Wednesday, inviting Punk as well. I hope people want to do it. I wanted to invite Pixi's bf too but she doesn't think he'd go. Come on man! Get to know Pixi's family. It's been 4 years and he's still soooo shy.

Back