Poly Vignettes: Sharing Success & Happiness

Weekend away :)

Well, I just got back from a weekend away with my chosen family and another poly family. We have gotten together with them numerous times now and I have learned a lot through interacting with them in social settings. the key things I noticed were:

- My sense of being a "third wheel" is greatly diminished
- I am much more comfortable with showing Redpepper affection in their presence
- I am also much more comfortable with allowing her son to see affection between us.
- I am a lot less affected by discussing past events in Redpepper's life to share with our friends and reflecting on them to point out lessons learned

We were gone two nights. One night she slept with me and the other she slept with her husband. The other couple's kids just seem to see us as family. They accept that Redpepper has two men in her life and we all show love and respect for each other. I feel more like family than ever. :)

Also tonight was the first time my other sister asked me specifically how Redpepper was doing via e-mail! Again, this is a great feeling.

We had a great weekend with lots of family fun between two families that have formed a solid and wonderful bond. :D

Peace and love,
Mono

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Lilo!!!:D:D

I love you more

That was so sweet, Mono. We say that all the time, "I love you more." With the kids we say "I love you one" they will say "I love you two" then we'll say "I love you three" and they will say "I love you four" and then we'll end with "but I LOVE YOU MORE!"

Very sweet.

I'm glad your weekend went well. That's awesome! Wish we could have been there.

Maca and I watched a sweet, sad movie Saturday night. I curled up on the couch in his lap. Then last night we watched a drama with GreenGecko and the kids. I curled up in his lap again and he rubbed my neck and shoulder.

Tomorrow we go in for the cortisone shot. Hopefully that will help. It was nice reading your updates last night. :)

Oh, poor LR. :( hope that helps.

We do the same with the boy! Only after counting forever... It's followed by "I love you googleplex"... Then "I love you googleplex a million." then "I love you googleplex a million wooly mammoths." One can't get bigger than that because mammoths are REALLY big.

We also "pull a Craig." He is the friend we went to the ski hill with. He says, "I love you twice as much as you could ever say you love me." Not much more to say after that.

Redpepper's Birthday :)

We had a great day of sharing and loving. :D Almost all the family came together tonight. Redpepper and her husband's family joined us for cake after our birthday meal. I find it completely natural to just be with all of them. I had good conversations with Redepepper's family, although they have always been polite and engaging.

After they left, all three of us curled up on the couch and watched Wild Hogs. It was a great way to start a future of sharing birthdays with my Life Love. I even had a moment where the idea of living together seemed possible LOL!! I do love them both, and their son.

If you haven't found it, let it come to you. If you have found it, love it for all it's worth!!

Peace and love,
Mono

Last edited by a moderator:
I was babysitting Redpepper's son tonight when her dad came by to drop something off for her. It was nice in that he saw his grandson happily distracted with his computer game as I washed up the dishes from supper. It's a good thing to have him see me doing the normal day to day stuff. I think these types of things will cause him to question his own possible disapproval and will get passed to Redpepper's other family.
Regardless, they are my family. No matter what happens to us or those around us, we'll be connected forever. :)

Peace and love, and even a little normalcy,
Mono

I was babysitting Redpepper's son tonight when her dad came by to drop something off for her. It was nice in that he saw his grandson happily distracted with his computer game as I washed up the dishes from supper. It's a good thing to have him see me doing the normal day to day stuff. I think these types of things will cause him to question his own possible disapproval and will get passed to Redpepper's other family.
Regardless, they are my family. No matter what happens to us or those around us, we'll be connected forever :)

Peace and love, and even a little normalcy,
Mono

We've had so many of those "odd" but not bad moments over the years. So often people are only "upset" by their lack of comprehension. Sadly they back away because of it. When in truth, the key to healing their upset is to step forward and get involved.

My family never cared one whit about the family "design" in our home. They have a "Well, that's just what it is" attitude. Maca's family just needed to know HE was happy, and they're fine too. But GG's family is unlikely to ever be involved. They have no contact with him now. Fortunately, his other best friend was more mature and able to look past his fears and concerns, speak them respectfully and then face the answers and realities and end up on the note of "Well! That's really interesting!" He pops in and out periodically, with no sense of major discomfort.

I'm glad things are going a bit smoother for you guys, Mono!! They are for us, as well. :)

Thanks, LR! Glad things are good with you too. This level of integration is totally possible if the right people come together.

Say hi to Maca for me. Tell him -5 Celsius and still riding. WOOHOO!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks LR! Glad things are good with you too. This level of integration is totally possible if the right people come together.

Say hi to Maca for me. Tell him -5 Celsius and still riding. WOOHOO!!

He's at work, but I will let him know. :) God, I wish we were riding! I miss it.

What does -5 C come to in F? I get SO confused on those. :eek:

You two together, or each of you at work? Just curious.
:)

I'm going to write a longer, more personal email to RP later. I've really enjoyed getting to know her on a more personal friendship level. She could be my older sister, seriously!

What does -5 c come to in F? I get SO confused on those. :eek:

You two together or each of you at work? Just curious.
:)

!

-5 C = 23 degrees F.

We're both at work right now. Meeting for coffee at her place after work. I work right across the street from her house! Her Mom works three minutes from my building too. Weird, huh?

Too cold for my blood, brotherman. :) It's hovering around 10 F here. But we got lots of snow and ice. Okay, have to get back to work. Boss will get pissed. Oh wait, that's me. Never mind. Then I GTG. :)

Hug RP for me, Mono. I hear she could use one. Chat more later.

Peace and love,
Maca

Today was one of those days where I look at Redpepper and everything else fades away. It was a moment of pure connection, of affirmations in our love and connection. I was blown away and left staggering. I am one lucky mono vanilla cracker. :)

Peace and love,
Mono

Too cold for my blood, brotherman. :) It's hovering around 10 F here. But we got lots of snow and ice. Okay, I have to get back to work. Boss will get pissed. Oh, wait. That's me. Nevermind, then. I GTG:)

Hug RP for me, Mono. I hear she could use one. Chat more later.

Peace and love,
Maca

I did in fact hug Redpepper last night and today. She's okay, I think.

My riding is at an end for a while, it seems. Freezing cold I can take. Wet slippery roads I can't.

Peace and love right back at you and yours, Maca.

We're all heading out for a night of dancing to celebrate Redpepper's birthday!
There will be an interesting mix; her and her husband , her tertiary, her ex wife and recent past girlfriend, me, people from our poly community and friends of mine from my old neighborhood. Woohoo!! Gotta get ready, wish you all were coming...now that would be interesting :D:D

Freezing cold I can take. Wet slippery roads I can't.
Good call, Mono. Don't take any unnecessary risks out there.

Not to be a buzz-kill, but my natural brother took a serious spill on a wet road a few years back. Crushed his pelvis. Nothing to be done. He'll never be the same, and he'll certainly never ride again. :(

So be safe, BrotherMan.

Good call, Mono. Don't take any unecessary risks out there.

Not to be a buzz-kill, but . . . my natural brother took a serious spill on a wet road a few years back. Crushed his pelvis, nothing to be done. He'll never be the same, and he'll certainly never ride again. :(

So be safe, BrotherMan.

No worries, Redpepper gave me a stone to keep me safe after I went down this summer on wet roads too. I was fine but my baby took some scrapes. (refering to my bike :) )

Sorry to hear about your brother though :(

Last night was a blast! Of course I was a little drunk, so my perception might have been skewed. :eek:

We showed up late because naughty teasing Redpepper was "poking her two tigers with a stick," shall we say, and the tigers ended up poking her back with their own. ;)

I turned into a dancing machine, resulting in my dancing alone at many points, and then I was observed looking at other female dancers. Gawd, now I have to listen to that all the time lol! I'm mono. I'm not blind, jeesh!

We all returned home and curled up in the bed. The next morning Redpepper's ex-girlfriend of many years came over and we had breakfast and put the Xmas decorations up.

It was a great night and day!!

That is one very loved woman!!

Glad you all had a great time, guys. Happy Birthday RP. You know, I bet you can get a job in Vegas, taming those two tigers of yours. ;)

Back